• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Fa Rewards Changes.

DeletedUser5718

Hey all.

What the actuall ---?We are currently rank #1 our server working out of this world for the first price, and now u go and nerf it with what 40% and make it useless?? What the heck are u thinking??? pls somone explain this ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
At least you still see the 'changed' building before you get actually win it.
On other live servers they will first win the old building, to get it nerfed the day after :D

DeletedUser6046

To Inno: I find it very disturbing that a few hours before the event the prizes are being changed! We have invested time and money for a few days by seeing what the rewards are, and now just before the end, they are changed? This is vastly unfair and not good business. I'm not being emotional here, just stating the facts. And you are being ufair to your most dedicated players. What I read previously was that you will level down OLD event buildings. Why the not yet earned buildings are leveled down too? I played this FA assuming I get what I see as a prize.

You are probably safe because noone can probably sue you for being misled to spend 20 euro. But still very uncool.

DeletedUser5532

Sadly another example of the devs not (seemingly) putting any thought into the implementation of a new idea. All they had to do was say that any new buildings won (from the next event / adventure onwards) would have the ability to be upgraded, but all previous won buildings would not. The result would be that no building already won) or working towards) would change. This way you would not, yet again, manage to enrage your supporters, your fans, the people who enable you devs to have a job and a business in the first place. Its understandable that this would require extra work on your side, but this is your job, it is what we as supporters and players pay you to do. There remains a serious disconnect between the decision makers and any consideration towards its players.
Remember , its never how things are done, but always how things are seen to be done, and this is another shining example of you getting it wrong.

DeletedUser4003

To Inno: I find it very disturbing that a few hours before the event the prizes are being changed! We have invested time and money for a few days by seeing what the rewards are, and now just before the end, they are changed? This is vastly unfair and not good business. I'm not being emotional here, just stating the facts. And you are being ufair to your most dedicated players. What I read previously was that you will level down OLD event buildings. Why the not yet earned buildings are leveled down too? I played this FA assuming I get what I see as a prize.

You are probably safe because noone can probably sue you for being misled to spend 20 euro. But still very uncool.

It shouldn't be a surprise really .....
upcoming building changes was available for more than a week, you haven't done research in upcoming changes, its on you....

cwgiii

Shaman
upcoming building changes was available for more than a week, you haven't done research in upcoming changes, its on you....

Incorrect. This was posted in Beta for over a week. There was so much ill feedback that the result in live servers was questioned. If I heard correctly, even the mods suggested that there would be additional thought put in about if (or when) this would be released live, revised or canned altogether (Note: I got this second hand as I am not on the Beta server). As with many other notices in Beta, the mods do remind us that nothing is promised to hit live on any schedule.

This change was only noted on the live Forums a few days back (ONLY on the Forums, inexcusable IMHO). No way to do research, plan, and make alterations in time to mitigate this. The lack of advanced proper notice (or even supporting documentation) on the part of Inno, speaks volumes as far as I am concerned.

m4rt1n

Adept

So a player of the game should check the beta forums and what is upcoming, even when Inno continually say what is in beta may not make the live servers.
I only check this forum ,and 99% of players enjoy playing without ever visiting the forum.
@FatOldElf you should be able to play the game, compete in the events etc, without sudden unannounced in-game changes, and I find your comments very unfriendly and rather troll-like.

DeletedUser4499

That the change would come was posted on Monday only, until then it was questioned as to whether it will come and if, what changes will be made.

Not much time to make adjustments, even if someone within a fellowship would have found the post.

DeletedUser4003

Incorrect. This was posted in Beta for over a week. There was so much ill feedback that the result in live servers was questioned. If I heard correctly, even the mods suggested that there would be additional thought put in about if (or when) this would be released live, revised or canned altogether (Note: I got this second hand as I am not on the Beta server). As with many other notices in Beta, the mods do remind us that nothing is promised to hit live on any schedule.

This change was only noted on the live Forums a few days back (ONLY on the Forums, inexcusable IMHO). No way to do research, plan, and make alterations in time to mitigate this. The lack of advanced proper notice (or even supporting documentation) on the part of Inno, speaks volumes as far as I am concerned.
So a player of the game should check the beta forums and what is upcoming, even when Inno continually say what is in beta may not make the live servers.
I only check this forum ,and 99% of players enjoy playing without ever visiting the forum.
@FatOldElf you should be able to play the game, compete in the events etc, without sudden unannounced in-game changes, and I find your comments very unfriendly and rather troll-like.

LOL cwgii

Who cares about this forum, if you want to know all the stuff whats happening an what might happen, you need to check beta forum, not this one.

Best players always are aware of upcoming changes. And im not talking about elvenar only.
Usualy sources are Beta /test servers & forums, some of the games have closed test servers where only some get in and they make content on youtube.
When it comes to elvenar, use beta forum. You all need to learn this.

So its time to make a bookmark in your browser to beta forum and in future you will be one click away to read all the news, this is how it works.

IF you would be reading elvenar beta forums, then THIS LINK you would know about this link: http://www.elvenarchitect.com/beta/buildingchanges154/

This section was available for more than a week ... here you can see all the numbers, do the math, prepare before patch hit us.

Hope this helps in future :)

Information was always here, no need to be mad.

I also dont understand why people get mad about changes, negative population, big deal....like i said its a city builder game, make some adjustments and you will be fine, i think devs are doing great that we will have option to level our event buildings for free (if you can get 10th chest) ...this makes event grand prizes so much better (the ones who will be worth investing this new reworked bluprint).

DeletedUser6046

@FatOldElf In fact I share your opinion about all you have said. I like that we'll be able to upgrade event buildings. It would have been just nicer if we were warned at the start of the FA that the reward is one of those to be nerfed and we won't get what we see.

Timneh

Artisan
It has been announced that all fellowships that reached the 3rd stage of the FA will get a free pheonix cult to compensate for the nerfed building that was the prize in the 3rd stage of the FA

cwgiii

Shaman
IF you would be reading elvenar beta forums, then THIS LINK you would know about this link: http://www.elvenarchitect.com/beta/buildingchanges154/

This section was available for more than a week ... here you can see all the numbers, do the math, prepare before patch hit us.

It is true that this was available on the Beta forum for over a week. BUT, we have been reminded many times that what is on Beta is NOT always going to hit live servers, and if it does, it may be changed. In addition, there was so much controversy about this change on Beta that it was highly suspect to hit the live servers as initially conceived on Beta.

My point is that ANY change (especially one of such magnitude) should be communicated on the particular servers they will impact, individually, with plenty of notice for those individual communities to prepare. That was not the case for this change.

I just hope Inno learned from this and will notify us, properly, for future changes.

RodgerR

Adventurer
It's like buying £30 on food, then a few days later the shop where you purchased your goods, break into your house and steal half your goods,
and get away with it!
Imagine if the roles were reversed?

DeletedUser4003

It's like buying £30 on food, then a few days later the shop where you purchased your goods, break into your house and steal half your goods,
and get away with it!
Imagine if the roles were reversed?
food would be your proprty, in this case...your account is inno property, you missed by a mile here.

DeletedUser4240

I was unpleasantly surprised with -40 population in en.3 where I was lately working on increasing population.My BH is at 2.lvl and it will stay like this.So,all my upgrading was focused on population.Non-Premium players will understand what it means.
Now I have no other options besides to spent another 2 weeks of upgrading residences.The good thing is that I have possibilities to do so.Some players don't have it. But this is not the main problem.
The main problem in this game is that INNO changes the rules after the game .
This is not decent behaviour.Can you imagine that you buy something and after a while you receive a bill for additional payment,because of rebalancing?......or you winn in some game and after that, the rules change and you are not the winner any more.
NEVER change the rules after a game is over.It is what it is.Deal with it. Basic rule among decent people.
But, creators of Elvenar every now and then jump out in front of us with:
"Surprise, surprise...........you failed again"...."If you want to play for free, take it or leave it..........we are the bosses"
I'm sorry I took your precious time.,but what else can I do?...except I could complain in silence after two years of efforts. Of course, I always can leave.