• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

FA farmers

CrazyWizard

Shaman
We came to the conclusion that crafting twice would change nothing on average, but might be a better option for esotheric production.
It at least removes the feeling some people have that it's a tombola now (a random thing as you cannot predict your recipes)

it's a bit frustrating when you get all crappy recipes and it barely combines into 1 esotheric, also you almost never aquire 10 vapor.
It would remove what some feel the "injustice" in this part of the FA.

Gargon667

Mentor
I am absolutely with @Pauly7 here. having 1 or 2 extremely limiting badges is a completely dumb idea. It means all other 14 or 15 badges are basically useless and could just as well be skipped altogether. What´s the point of inventing or having 16 badges if only 1 or 2 matter???

I also agree with everybody else that the new FA is much better than the old one in terms of boring shanty towns being the only deciding factor on who wins. It was a rather simple idea and we won every single time, because we put in more WS than everybody else. At the start of the FA I could tell you rather accurately how many points we would have by the end of the FA and how big our lead over second place would be. Not a lot of excitement. The new system is a good start to making things more interesting for us hardcore FA enthusiasts, but it also makes it possible for normal FS to participate and finish the maps, which is also a good idea.

The problem is, because of this completely off balance badge production this great idea becomes a dead end. Instead of putting in shanty towns we now put in T1 production, the FS with highest T1 production will win, if they are willing to spend the timeboosts (and a handful of diamonds) to make the VV to match. Honestly the big expense in making VV are time boosts, not the diamonds.

So absolutely those 2 badges need an upgrade:

My proposal:
1. Bracelets can be made using all goods not just T1. this makes sense not only from the badge value point of view, but also from the point that regular game play should allow as much FA participation as possible.
2. Arcane residue badge requires 1 VV, which means every crafting produces 1 badge. This would then be somewhat in line with the CC badge (1 CC collected produces 1 badge). The 1 VV is still more difficult than simply collecting a CC, so no worries about making it too cheap!

Now this of course would make FAs much easier than they are right now and I don´t think that is necessary, which means to balance overall difficulty to something similar a few alternative steps can be taken:
1. Badge requirements on the maps could be increased a little bit.
2. The most useless (easy to make) badges, also called garbage badges (because they invariably land in the garbage bin at the end of every FA) should be made MUCH more difficult, for the same reason as the too difficult ones should be made MUCH easier: Balance! If we get a system approaching badges with somewhat equal value, all badges become important. That would open the way for a much more interesting FA.
Main candidates:
Elven guard: Complete garbage, I make 40 per day with regular game play and I can easily boost troops during the FA instead of after or before. I have now 300 of those badges which is about 5 times as many as I can make bracelets in the whole FA. So most of them will go to the bin and btw, I have stopped collecting them a long time ago I would have far more otherwise. Why are they garbage? Because they have always been easy and with the 3 separate queues we now get 3 times as many as before. Solution: At least double the requirements after the training ground and triple the troops requirement upon reaching the Merc Camp in the tech tree. For being nice maybe wait a chapter or 2, but let´s say double from chapter 6 and triple from chapter 9 would be fine.
AW badges: Another example which will see hundreds in the bin by the end. I already now have triple of these badges compared to the difficult ones and I haven´t even started using instants. Again small towns are disadvantaged here 10 KP in chapter 1 is a huge investment. So I suggest: Chapter 1: 5 KP, chapter 3: 10 KP and then add 5 KP every five chapters (chap8:15, chap13: 20, chap 18:25 etc... I will still throw them into the bin in the end, but only half as many, which is double as good as the current system.
For me personally there are more garbage badges, but that I think would not be representative for everybody, because I am a tad on the high side in tourneys, so I think those might be balanced rather fairly for the average player.

Gargon667

Mentor
We came to the conclusion that crafting twice would change nothing on average, but might be a better option for esotheric production.
It at least removes the feeling some people have that it's a tombola now (a random thing as you cannot predict your recipes)

it's a bit frustrating when you get all crappy recipes and it barely combines into 1 esotheric, also you almost never aquire 10 vapor.
It would remove what some feel the "injustice" in this part of the FA.

I find this a far too complicated solution for not much change at all.
1. Crafting twice? that is not something currently existing in the game. Would have to be programmed. The closest approximation could be craft 2 times 1 VV, but even that would be a new quest requirement that has to be programmed.
2. As you say it changes rather little. That is a bad thing. It should be changed. To something everybody can manage in roughly equal difficulty as all the other badges. 1 VV is still difficut enough to not make the VV badge the easiest one. It would instead make it one of many, which must be the goal.

Pauly7

Magus
Honestly the big expense in making VV are time boosts, not the diamonds.
I agree with all that you say, except the above statement isn't necessarily true. For the top performing FA teams, the expense will become diamonds. I've been trying to figure out how many rotations of the pit it is possible to get through. There is a hard limit on this without spending diamonds, because there will come a point where 25 people have crafted every recipe that they see for 6 and a half days, without flipping the rotation - I think I decided you'd get to about 6-700 Arcane Residues badges... and you need diamonds to flip the recipes.

2. Arcane residue badge requires 1 VV, which means every crafting produces 1 badge. This would then be somewhat in line with the CC badge (1 CC collected produces 1 badge). The 1 VV is still more difficult than simply collecting a CC, so no worries about making it too cheap!
And the above statement just made me think... We knew this is how it works... but reading you say it just brings home to me the absurdity of creating a similar badge requirement for two different badges (Residues and Staffs), but know that one is going to cost ten times (or more) what the other delivers. This just proves to me that Arcane Residue was inserted into the mix purely as a means of generating revenue. They know that at the high end people will need to spend money to make enough of them. The fact that teams are probably sat there with well over 500 (maybe 1,000 for some teams) spare Elemental Marbles badges - which they also reduced the cost of - makes the temptation to dip into the diamonds much stronger.

As Crazywiz says, it is a commercial enterprise, of course, but if they put it this far out of balance then interest in it will diminish and that won't have the desired effect.

Incidentally, I think 1 CC for an Arcane Residue badge is entirely reasonable.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I agree with all that you say, except the above statement isn't necessarily true. For the top performing FA teams, the expense will become diamonds. I've been trying to figure out how many rotations of the pit it is possible to get through. There is a hard limit on this without spending diamonds, because there will come a point where 25 people have crafted every recipe that they see for 6 and a half days, without flipping the rotation - I think I decided you'd get to about 6-700 Arcane Residues badges... and you need diamonds to flip the recipes.

And the above statement just made me think... We knew this is how it works... but reading you say it just brings home to me the absurdity of creating a similar badge requirement for two different badges (Residues and Staffs), but know that one is going to cost ten times (or more) what the other delivers. This just proves to me that Arcane Residue was inserted into the mix purely as a means of generating revenue. They know that at the high end people will need to spend money to make enough of them. The fact that teams are probably sat there with well over 500 (maybe 1,000 for some teams) spare Elemental Marbles badges - which they also reduced the cost of - makes the temptation to dip into the diamonds much stronger.

As Crazywiz says, it is a commercial enterprise, of course, but if they put it this far out of balance then interest in it will diminish and that won't have the desired effect.

The funny part is it might not even create revenue, if groups collect the spire diamonds for weeks, you can get a very insane amount of diamonds, especially as a group, and we know top contenders are not seldom "dead" BSA optimised towns.
They now need to optimise for both.

so part of the BSA battle now is for those fellowships is how often can they get gold medals as both are now intertwined unless they are willing to spend a fortune in real cash.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
just for an example:

if there are 6 weeks between 2 FA's.

average gold reward is ~550 per player per week.
The random genie will add another 50 or so for 600 total

6 weeks + BSA = 7 weeks

25*600*7= 105.000 diamonds
You can flip those recipies A LOT for 105K diamonds lol.

and not a single penny spend.

Gargon667

Mentor
just for an example:

if there are 6 weeks between 2 FA's.

average gold reward is ~550 per player per week.
The random genie will add another 50 or so for 600 total

6 weeks + BSA = 7 weeks

25*600*7= 105.000 diamonds
You can flip those recipies A LOT for 105K diamonds lol.

and not a single penny spend.

that is exactly what I am saying it is not the cost in diamonds, that is the problem, it is the use of timeboosts that gets excessive. I am making 12-13 bracelets per day, so far I am keeping up making the same amount of VV badges, i flipped a few MAs, but it costs far less diamonds than I gained in the spire rewards on Friday, but I am spending tons of timeboosts on garbage recipes I really don´t want to have lol...

Gargon667

Mentor

I do not think this is an intentional marketing move, I think it is simplay rather bad balancing on the devs part. If you ask me more people would spend more diamonds on making badges if they were more evenly distributed. It would be much more incentive to spend diamonds on making the missing one and then another badge is missing then they would spend diamonds on that one. Buying those badges with diamonds costs more diamonds than making VV in the MA costs. And overall I think far more people would play FAs overall if the FAs were more accessible to everybody. Especially newbie towns which seem to be Innos focus group lately have not much business (with the exception of bracelets maybe) in FAs as it currently stands.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
that is exactly what I am saying it is not the cost in diamonds, that is the problem, it is the use of timeboosts that gets excessive. I am making 12-13 bracelets per day, so far I am keeping up making the same amount of VV badges, i flipped a few MAs, but it costs far less diamonds than I gained in the spire rewards on Friday, but I am spending tons of timeboosts on garbage recipes I really don´t want to have lol...

That same spire also gives you a #!@$%load of time boosters. 7 weeks of timeboosters then we are talking about 1500-2000 hours of boosters.
You can make some recipes with that ;)
You also need to collect libraries to make bonus CC in the off season.

There is a bucketload of optimisation possible in this new format. if you really want you can still go like a madman. but first as a group you need to adjust, and depending on what you did the past 6-12 months this might take a long or a short time.

Gargon667

Mentor
That same spire also gives you a #!@$%load of time boosters. 7 weeks of timeboosters then we are talking about 1500-2000 hours of boosters.
You can make some recipes with that ;)
You also need to collect libraries to make bonus CC in the off season.

There is a bucketload of optimisation possible in this new format. if you really want you can still go like a madman. but first as a group you need to adjust, and depending on what you did the past 6-12 months this might take a long or a short time.

Oh now worries I have 10 plus libraries running and will add more now, I went into the FA with about 350CC ready to go. Not the problem so far.

Timeboosts I get, but they are useful resources I use for other purposes.

Diamonds? Nothing else to do with them than flipping MAs since the tourney changes...

So out of the 3: timeboosts are limiting not the diamonds.

Pauly7

Magus
All this is assuming that people want to spend all these time boosters and diamonds on the FA. I need the time boosters for troop production to keep all the wheels turning.

This first FA is a novelty, but I can't imagine wanting to sink these resources into it every month. I know that some fellowships will do and therefore I can't imagine us being competitive at the top. So going forward I can see us just doing what's needed to completed the maps... Any of my team mates can stop me if they disagree.

Gargon667

Mentor
All this is assuming that people want to spend all these time boosters and diamonds on the FA. I need the time boosters for troop production to keep all the wheels turning.

This first FA is a novelty, but I can't imagine wanting to sink these resources into it every month. I know that some fellowships will do and therefore I can't imagine us being competitive at the top. So going forward I can see us just doing what's needed to completed the maps... Any of my team mates can stop me if they disagree.

Sounds like you should just pick one FA every couple of month and go big, ignore the rest. But I am still hoping they´ll fix the imbalance.

CrazyWizard

Shaman

The difference is that at least the FA nutcase fellowships I know do tournaments like this: (or worse)
1606092591173.png

1606093057535.png

1606093113431.png

You can get these scores without the use of a single time booster, they go hardly above 1600 and just manage 10 chests. (if at all)
There focus is FA, and FA only.

You can't dominate everything without sacrificing anything.
At least untill now they also had no use for the KP's,

How good is for example a golden abyss of you only run the bare minimum and 200 lvl 1 workshops and factories as an example.
You'll better off with a (magic) residence or a Pop/culture building as you won't reach enough pop to make it an effective wonder.

If you are that person that values tournaments over FA, then fighting for the top spot in a FA is just not your cup of tea. you'll never win from a well organised, save 7 weeks spend it all in one week.

It's not that different from a player who sacrifices x tournaments to go all out the next week throwing in all his reserves.
You'll not be able to beat this person assuming he/she has enough provinces to back up that strategy.

Similar you will not win from a fellowship that's willing to sacrifice everything to win that FA. these people are willing in the past to "empty" there cities for a maximised amount of workshops/factories, these people are willing to throw in everything they have. they do not have the same restraints you have.

BluebellLadybird

Adventurer
This new format is largely a huge improvement over the previous one but I think the 10 w/s for farmers is a lot for a new player to manage, and the bracelets & residue badges have been a challenge for most of us.

Gargon667

Mentor
The difference is that at least the FA nutcase fellowships I know do tournaments like this: (or worse)
View attachment 4951
View attachment 4952
View attachment 4953
You can get these scores without the use of a single time booster, they go hardly above 1600 and just manage 10 chests. (if at all)
There focus is FA, and FA only.

You can't dominate everything without sacrificing anything.
At least untill now they also had no use for the KP's,

How good is for example a golden abyss of you only run the bare minimum and 200 lvl 1 workshops and factories as an example.
You'll better off with a (magic) residence or a Pop/culture building as you won't reach enough pop to make it an effective wonder.

If you are that person that values tournaments over FA, then fighting for the top spot in a FA is just not your cup of tea. you'll never win from a well organised, save 7 weeks spend it all in one week.

It's not that different from a player who sacrifices x tournaments to go all out the next week throwing in all his reserves.
You'll not be able to beat this person assuming he/she has enough provinces to back up that strategy.

Similar you will not win from a fellowship that's willing to sacrifice everything to win that FA. these people are willing in the past to "empty" there cities for a maximised amount of workshops/factories, these people are willing to throw in everything they have. they do not have the same restraints you have.

I do usually really appreciate your points, but this is utter nonsense. You are looking the wrong way. Just because you look at FA FS that can´t do anything else, doesn´t mean they don´t exist.

I will try not to brag but merely state facts: Swagafythee EN3

Elixir tourney rank: 1 (19 chests)
Last Spire rank 1 (gold)
FA rank currently 1 (lead of more than 5k points), we have won all FAs in 2019 and 2020.
Dust tourney rank upcoming: well if you look at all 2020 I´d guess there is a handful of tourneys we didn´t win give or take a few. But let´s say it is highly unlikely we´ll score lower than 2nd place and we never scored less than 17 chests in the new tourneys so far.
Spire this week currently 1: If we finish first or not I don´t know (we don´t always), but we will have gold (we are the only FS in our world that has only gold medals and has finished the team spire every week long before they even invented medals)

what else do you need to say we dominate all team events on EN3?
Comparison to other FS on all worlds?

FA: Show me one FS that has more than our record in the old FAs: 145k points. It is possible that such a score exists (there is no platform I know of that has info on all FA results), but the second best I have seen so far was 138k on a danish server.
Spire can´t have more than all gold (and yes for the fun of it we have also scored more than 1575 points once or twice, but of course nowhere close to those German Nutcases that scored 3k+)
Old tourneys: I think there are max 5 FS in all the worlds that ever scored more than we did. 321k
New tourneys currently I would have to agree, we are not top dogs world wide, we honestly haven´t done a record attempt yet, our best score is 218k from an Elixir tourney, which I don´t think can be called an easy one nowadays. So at least we are Elixir world champion lol :D

Last edited:

DopeyDoc

Dreamer
I'm with @Pauly7 on this. I've been the 'Badge-counter' for our FS (currently in ~13th place; we're non-hardcore, but also far from casual). It's been the case, throughout the FA so far, that although the slower Badges are still semi-important - such as Blacksmiths' and, especially now that 10 productions are needed, Farmers' as a secondary concern - the whole pace and progress of the FA has been more or less reliant upon (for us) primarily Arcane Residue Badges and secondly Bracelets, with both of these being painfully slow to come in, despite several of us needing to spend a lot of Resources (CCs, Fragments, Time Boosters) on often-unwanted Crafts in the MA, and also using many (I feel too many) MM Spells on our T1 Manufactories.

We're a balanced and competent Top 50 FS, and if we're finding this new type of FA to be a very slow grind (as we are), solely due to the extreme importance of only two Badges which none of us can easily produce even with (in some cases) unsustainable Resource spending, I can't imagine how smaller and/or less practised FSs are getting on. I certainly don't feel that the chance that a few players may resort to Diamond spending (if that really is the aim?) will, in the long run, do much for the overall long-term popularity of the new-format FAs - particularly amongst lower-Chapter/non-full FSs, which I would imagine are having a very bad time with the Arcane Residue Badges, although I believe Bracelets are generally easier in lower Chapters.

An interesting thread for my first post ...

Our FS is ranked #1148 (or thereabouts) and we're currently sitting at #94 in this Adventure and having a blast! None of our players is playing higher than Ch.4 and there are 15 of us active and taking part.

I'm badge-counter (a new title for me - thanks @Laurelin and I agree that Arcane Residue is the big bottleneck, but by choosing our route carefully and cherry-picking the crossover waypoints, we arrived in Stage 3 just over 24 hours ago (without spending any real money as far as I know). At lower levels, Bracelets are much easier than it sounds for you guys - several of our members are Ch.1 and have set up their boosted manufactories to churn out Necklaces and Statues, which also produces a ton of Bracelets as a by-product (only 91 units each in Ch.1). I'm playing Ch.3 and I make around 5 bracelets a day with 8 boosted steel manufactories. Careful collection remains key :)

Other thoughts on badges: Farmers can be a bit arduous as the OP suggested, but manageable; most of the other workshop items are just a matter of planning and grinding them out; Tiaras are OK as those of us with the MA have plenty of unwanted enchantments and disenchanting them counts for badges; Wonder Society is a breeze as we have about a bazillion littering our cities; Witch Hats are more towrds the difficult end of the scale at our level.

So that's how it looks from near the bottom of the tree after six months or so playing the game. We never expected to finish Stage 3 (and we won't), but we'll get to around the second crossover waypoints by the end of the adventure, which for us is a real achievement. If we finish top 100, we'll be made up.

Bring on the next FA!

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I do usually really appreciate your points, but this is utter nonsense. You are looking the wrong way. Just because you look at FA FS that can´t do anything else, doesn´t mean they don´t exist.

I will try not to brag but merely state facts: Swagafythee EN3

Elixir tourney rank: 1 (19 chests)
Last Spire rank 1 (gold)
FA rank currently 1 (lead of more than 5k points), we have won all FAs in 2019 and 2020.
Dust tourney rank upcoming: well if you look at all 2020 I´d guess there is a handful of tourneys we didn´t win give or take a few. But let´s say it is highly unlikely we´ll score lower than 2nd place and we never scored less than 17 chests in the new tourneys so far.
Spire this week currently 1: If we finish first or not I don´t know (we don´t always), but we will have gold (we are the only FS in our world that has only gold medals and has finished the team spire every week long before they even invented medals)

what else do you need to say we dominate all team events on EN3?
Comparison to other FS on all worlds?

FA: Show me one FS that has more than our record in the old FAs: 145k points. It is possible that such a score exists (there is no platform I know of that has info on all FA results), but the second best I have seen so far was 138k on a danish server.
Spire can´t have more than all gold (and yes for the fun of it we have also scored more than 1575 points once or twice, but of course nowhere close to those German Nutcases that scored 3k+)
Old tourneys: I think there are max 5 FS in all the worlds that ever scored more than we did. 321k
New tourneys currently I would have to agree, we are not top dogs world wide, we honestly haven´t done a record attempt yet, our best score is 218k from an Elixir tourney, which I don´t think can be called an easy one nowadays. So at least we are Elixir world champion lol :D

I have done some digging and it seems this must have been in the post teleport era.
Since the introduction of the spire (and teleport spells) I see dips in your fellowship ranking score up to 50% around FA's.

That means 50% of your cities have been "destroyed" only thanks to the teleport spells it does not take 6+ months to rebuild.
But it looks like your fellowship (with thanks to the teleport spell) seems to have been able to "mimic" those specialised fellowships.
Impressive, but not many are willing to be that drastic, but yes in rare cases it is possible. this was one of the things I pointed out the second the teleport spell was introduced. it created a possibility to play a FA like those mad fellowships without the same drawbacks.

But for us the fun was already gone, and we had no interest to use that "loophole" to become competitive again, there needs to be another change, a prize we really really really want to have. We won the first, we won the first Glorious Arch (or whatever it's named) so we have seen it, done it, proved it, and with that for us the FA is dead.

The current changes revived part of the FA fun at least for us as a now more casual fellowship, it's no longer a burden we have to struggle trough but it was quite the fun experienced and it returned some of the fun we once had.
It's not that we do not have all those teleport spells that we could use, it's just that it feels wrong. to us it still feels like "destruction".

Your fellowships tournament record is nothing to snarf at, each week awesome score but it looks like to reach that goal several members have been saving up goods for several weeks for a massive score. still awesome results but also points out the save X spend once is king ;) (noticed one player going from 1600 to 16200 lol)
Personally I never saw a point in motivating my fellows to go all out in 1 tournament. but It was interesting to follow what that german fellowship created way back when they went for a mad score for the first time, it created a sort of an arms race between some fellowships on a world stage thanks to the abilility to track scores with elvenstats.

It also looks like at least part of your fellowship has been modifying there town to fit the new tournament format (many destroyed wonders?)
This no doubt helps in raising space for upcomming FA's ;)
So ill's guess this new "change" does not benefit your fellowship, and thats a fair observation.

But most servers do not own a fellowship like yours (pretty sure a few do, but there are many servers), those FA's are/where domintated by the fellowships a mentioned before, and I am sure it was no different on your server in the pre teleport era. It's no fun to whack half+ your town to then rebuild it for many many months. It was one of the reasons I sometimes lamented new chapters as with each chapter the rebuild time became longer and longer and longer. I rather ignored the quest, made a smaller settlement, reached the finish a little bit slower but then saved so much time on rebuilding my city that it was worth it.

Those fellowships with permanently destoyed times are historically the norm, and your the outlyer (as far as my knowlege goes, I do not track all servers and worlds lol), if teleport spells would have existed in the time when the FA was introduced it might have changed a lot, but once the fire is gone in a fellowship, it's hard to lit the fire once again :(

As for the spire, you are so right, gold is gold, thats how I feel as well, but last week there was a massive outcry on I think the US server because another "fellowship won" with a score a little above 1575, and that was cheating and "spoiling the competition" according to the TS.
And thats not the first time we noticed that complaint.

But there is no competition there, if there was it would be who reaches the top the quickest and would be who reaches the top in the first 5-15 min of a spire. which would be very unhealthy.

Gargon667

Mentor
I have done some digging and it seems this must have been in the post teleport era.
Since the introduction of the spire (and teleport spells) I see dips in your fellowship ranking score up to 50% around FA's.

Both pre and post teleport (or spire for that matter) as I said all FAs in 2019 and 2020

That means 50% of your cities have been "destroyed" only thanks to the teleport spells it does not take 6+ months to rebuild.
But it looks like your fellowship (with thanks to the teleport spell) seems to have been able to "mimic" those specialised fellowships.
Impressive, but not many are willing to be that drastic, but yes in rare cases it is possible. this was one of the things I pointed out the second the teleport spell was introduced. it created a possibility to play a FA like those mad fellowships without the same drawbacks.

But for us the fun was already gone, and we had no interest to use that "loophole" to become competitive again, there needs to be another change, a prize we really really really want to have. We won the first, we won the first Glorious Arch (or whatever it's named) so we have seen it, done it, proved it, and with that for us the FA is dead.

Much closer to 100% of us are serious about FAs, you don´t win an FA with 50% slackers.
As I said we did the same things before the teleport was invented, we actually sold half our cities and then rebuilt after, of course the TP spell made this unnecessary and made it more accessible for other FS to join in the fun. But it made us just as much stronger so it didn´t prevent us from winning.

If FAs were about rewards, we would have stopped playing them long ago. They are about creating FS that actually are good at cooperating, it is the only event in the game that actually requires cooperation. So I see it as the ultimate team challenge, which is why it is my favorite event in the game. Rewards are completely uninteresting to me. it´s about being the best. The only positive aspect of increasing rewards for me would be to attract more competition.

The current changes revived part of the FA fun at least for us as a now more casual fellowship, it's no longer a burden we have to struggle trough but it was quite the fun experienced and it returned some of the fun we once had.
It's not that we do not have all those teleport spells that we could use, it's just that it feels wrong. to us it still feels like "destruction".

Indeed I would say that is the best thing about the new FAs: More competition, but in the end it comes down to the same thing as always: dedication. Those that want it most, will score highest. Even though the FAs were basically upside down, the Top 5 are basically the exact same as always.

One very common misconception is that "destruction" is bad for your town. It actually is the opposite, towns always work far better after a good purge. This is one of the reasons why I disagree with FA is bad for tourney scores, it is actually a synergy. A good FA purge makes towns more efficient and increases tourney scores. The only things FAs are bad for is the ranking screen. Ranking is dead weight and is what impedes tourney and FA performance both.

Your fellowships tournament record is nothing to snarf at, each week awesome score but it looks like to reach that goal several members have been saving up goods for several weeks for a massive score. still awesome results but also points out the save X spend once is king ;) (noticed one player going from 1600 to 16200 lol)
Personally I never saw a point in motivating my fellows to go all out in 1 tournament. but It was interesting to follow what that german fellowship created way back when they went for a mad score for the first time, it created a sort of an arms race between some fellowships on a world stage thanks to the abilility to track scores with elvenstats.

It also looks like at least part of your fellowship has been modifying there town to fit the new tournament format (many destroyed wonders?)
This no doubt helps in raising space for upcomming FA's ;)
So ill's guess this new "change" does not benefit your fellowship, and thats a fair observation.

Scoring 16000 points on average has gotten a bit difficult, but we have both types of fellows, some score 10 or 12k every week, others score high when they feel like or when we push for a team score.

Pushing to a crazy goal has often benefitted us greatly, like the first time we scored 10 chests made us want to do it every week, so the next 2 month we spent getting to that point and since then we have never not scored 10 chests. Same thing when we decided to finish the team spire for the first time in a big push week and after that we did it every single week. If we had never pushed it we would never have gotten to doing it every week. It´s probably psychology, once you see it´s possible and not as daunting as you first thought it actually becomes easy :)

The new tourneys: I personally have deleted maybe 25 or 30 AW levels, a EE12 and Forge11 were the biggest I think some other small stuff. And I have slowed upgrading down to nearly nothing, so maybe I could have 50 AW levels more than I have now? I don´t think many of us have deleted much. The point is mostly we have always focussed on military AWs because they have always been the best AWs for fighting, the new tourney has made the difference between military and non-military bigger, but has not changed anything fundamental. So we have always had military AWs and not much besides, which means there is not much to delete.

Not wasting space on useless AWs sure helps with playing the game in general, and of course also FAs :) However the new FAs actually finally give us AWs that are good for FAs, which will to a small degree impact tourneys, but it is not that big a deal.

But most servers do not own a fellowship like yours (pretty sure a few do, but there are many servers), those FA's are/where domintated by the fellowships a mentioned before, and I am sure it was no different on your server in the pre teleport era. It's no fun to whack half+ your town to then rebuild it for many many months. It was one of the reasons I sometimes lamented new chapters as with each chapter the rebuild time became longer and longer and longer. I rather ignored the quest, made a smaller settlement, reached the finish a little bit slower but then saved so much time on rebuilding my city that it was worth it.

This again is the same old misconception: Getting rid of the old stuff is not only making my town better, it is also one of the most fun parts of playing FAs. Rebuilding used to be somewhat of a challenge, but armories for example are fast and easy to rebuild, I often still sell them out of habit or to save TP spells for other things, but anyway, nowadays(since TPs) rebuilding after FAs is a matter of minutes. Either way, before TPs and after we have won. Because we wanted to win and were willing to do what was necessary. FAs and tourneys does not exclude each other, they help.

Those fellowships with permanently destoyed times are historically the norm, and your the outlyer (as far as my knowlege goes, I do not track all servers and worlds lol), if teleport spells would have existed in the time when the FA was introduced it might have changed a lot, but once the fire is gone in a fellowship, it's hard to lit the fire once again :(

As for the spire, you are so right, gold is gold, thats how I feel as well, but last week there was a massive outcry on I think the US server because another "fellowship won" with a score a little above 1575, and that was cheating and "spoiling the competition" according to the TS.
And thats not the first time we noticed that complaint.

But there is no competition there, if there was it would be who reaches the top the quickest and would be who reaches the top in the first 5-15 min of a spire. which would be very unhealthy.

Relight the fire! Yes laziness is addictive, that is definitely one reason why we throw in internal challenges like record breaking weeks. Keeps the whole FS more involved and active. Its those weeks when everybody shows up, the chat goes crazy, and everybody has so much more fun. Doing 17 chests every week with no challenges always makes the FS fall asleep. Scores dropping slowly but steadily. A spark is all it takes to light the flame :D

In the beginning the spire was a real challenge individually! Then the team spire started and it actually was a competition, because nobody managed to get to the top at all. It was a real race to try and be the first to finish, took us a few weeks of playing before we attempted a big push, it was coincidentally the week the spire ranking was introduced, which made it all the more fun reaching the top :D
Since then we´ve reached the top every week. For the first couple of month we came first every week, but other FS have cought up and by now the spire is really no competition anymore at all, 7 or 8 FS reaching gold every week, a few others occasionally, but because the max is so fixed there is no real incentive to push. The workaround is possible, but well there really is no point behind it. To me now, the spire is a fun mini game (fun, quick, easy and great rewards, what´s not to like?) and a huge resource grab for everybody, but not a competition :)

CrazyWizard

Shaman
was everyone of you that low level?

Rebuilding can take many months, how do you rebuild when the next FA is 6-8 weeks away?

especially t2/t3 factories take 1+ month a piece.
at that point I do not even see the reason to rebuild anything. before you are finished you can destroy it again :S

BlueBlou

Illusionist
@CrazyWizard , which world did you monitor?

From my viewpoint, if you have 5 builders, lots of time boosters, you can put up anything fairly quickly, even buildings needing sentient goods. Rebuilding a city, or even building up a city for the current FA requirements, need not take long.