• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

FA farmers

BluebellLadybird

Adventurer
I have already said that I think this F/A, with a few bugs is a big improvement from the previous ones but I would like to add some more thoughts.

How we approach F/A and the game in general depends on why we play and where our priorities are. Many good points have been made which I have appreciated reading. For me the #1 priority is having fun (shutting out RL) as I advance my city and there are many ways to define what that means. #2 is F/S harmony and support - I really appreciate the people in my F/S. So, I have no desire to be in a top #10 F/S or be with people who are playing for sheep stations from one day to the next. From time to time I have seen intense gung-ho players swoop in but who then move on after kicking up a lot of dust and causing a lot of hurt which is one of the most demoralising things that can happen to a F/S that was working harmoniously.

I am happy to put my city advancement plans on hold during a F/A but I would never waste spells on T1 buildings. I am reluctant to use Teleport spells during the F/A - but I would at a critical time if it meant getting to the end.

Inno might consider creating badges that both aid the advancement of cities and progress through the paths at the same time, rather than creating situations which drain resources. I feel also that it might encourage the 'slackers' that have already been referenced above. Two examples might be:
1. A badge that required a 'huge number' of neighbourly visits AND a building upgrade.
2. A badge for increased population AND upgraded streets.

I would pay for a package of diamonds/boosts under these positive circumstances because it adds a permanent benefit and an incentive for players to keep forging ahead.
I won't pay for a package when I will still have to generate/ use spells and other resources for something that is fleeting and will disappear in a matter of days.

Thank you for reading :)

Julian

Sorcerer

Timneh

Artisan
1. A badge that required a 'huge number' of neighbourly visits AND a building upgrade.

NO and NO
I choose to upgrade things when i consider it the best time to do so and i would not upgrade them to get a badge for FA.
Another thing to consider is how would players that are at the end of the game who have already upgraded everything that they can upgrade get those badges ?

BluebellLadybird

Adventurer
NO and NO
I choose to upgrade things when i consider it the best time to do so and i would not upgrade them to get a badge for FA.
Another thing to consider is how would players that are at the end of the game who have already upgraded everything that they can upgrade get those badges ?
They were suggestions. You are free to disagree and add your own ideas :)
NO and NO

Also It's Inno's job to keep creating more chapters so that people don't run out of things to upgrade.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Inno might consider creating badges that both aid the advancement of cities and progress through the paths at the same time, rather than creating situations which drain resources. I feel also that it might encourage the 'slackers' that have already been referenced above. Two examples might be:
I like the first idea, it would be a cool badge to see.
The second one is problematic and impossible. it would say to every end gamer FY, and it's also difficult for anyone who is not in the exact correct stage of the game.

if it would be just "gain population" it would be a build a lvl 1 house every 10 seconds badge, and would be annoying and pointless.

But yeah the NH one I like a lot.

Pauly7

Magus
I agree, a NH badge would be OK. Though it would be one that would give a hard limit on progress. I wonder if they would have to scale the number of NHs required to the chapter. A FS of end-game players would no doubt have the ability to do 10 times what a smaller FS would. I think it would be quite hard to get right.

I also wouldn't like a badge for upgrading buildings. Even if it did work, people would just be building things and knocking them down, as CrazyWiz suggests.

You could perhaps have a badge for KP gain. It would only dovetail with the Wonder Society badge though.

Wowwie

Soothsayer
my opinion its was a waste of time and effort
and a rip off do all your calculations etc
the FA as is sucks plain and simple
There were many good descriptions and reply feedback on Beta that were not even looked at ,
all they did was replace the Wonder society on stage 3 and made it 62 and 35 and a few other places Acrane a massive Ma producing gimmick
So everyone is happy to do this FA every 4 to 6 weeks
laughs ok Good Luck !!

Timneh

Artisan
They were suggestions. You are free to disagree and add your own ideas

I personally think there are enough badges so i don't want anymore.

Also It's Inno's job to keep creating more chapters so that people don't run out of things to upgrade.

Some players especially the big diamond spenders can complete a new chapter within a few weeks, there is no way Inno could design and develop new chapters as fast as some players can complete them so there will always be players that have nothing to upgrade when they are at end game.

BluebellLadybird

Adventurer
Thank you all for your replies. I am not upset when my ideas are rejected but I would hope the discussion might develop into something that makes the FA more productive, in addition to creating stronger F/S cohesion. We did a lot better this time in the rankings but, in achieving that, most of us have used up valuable resources that will slow down our progress which is disappointing.

Personally, I will not be doing this every 4 - 6 weeks, just as some players opt out of doing every tourney.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
I am not upset when my ideas are rejected but I would hope the discussion might develop into something that makes the FA more productive [...]
I'm not sure how long you've been a Forum Member, but over the years, a reasonable percentage of those of us who have been here for a while have become somewhat disillusioned with the concept that what we say here will have any real effect upon anyone except ourselves (the playerbase).

InnoGames is not famously known for making changes to the game which players suggest and/or support - this does happen, of course, but even in the case of the Beta Forum, where some of the game's most advanced and knowledgeable players frequently provide careful, considered, valid, and data-supported arguments in favour of or opposition to various proposed changes to the game, the typical level of response (in terms of actual changes made) is not generally very high. There are games which are more responsive, but this has not, historically, been one of them - a choice, of course, which the game's developers and managers are wholly entitled to make, but one which, over time, tends to create the opinion that trying to influence the course of the game via suggestions and/or arguments on these Forums will probably not achieve an awful lot in terms of real results, although of course the debate itself is worthwhile in terms of allowing us to learn and to improve our own gameplay by discussing ideas amongst ourselves.

In particular, the extremely disappointing silence (so far) from InnoGames in response to the numerous and passionate (and well-supported) arguments opposing the new Tournament system, from a large number of long-term Forum Members, has generated something of an air of fatalism when it comes to believing that what we say here (or on the Beta Forum) will have any useful (or even visible) effect; we may yet see a response to the primary Tournament-related concerns, or even a paradigm shift along the lines which many have suggested, but this would be contrary to previous experience.

Long story short : it's not your ideas that are lacking, @BluebellLadybird - it's the low chance that they will be heard/acted upon by InnoGames.

BluebellLadybird

Adventurer
I'm not sure how long you've been a Forum Member, but over the years, a reasonable percentage of those of us who have been here for a while have become somewhat disillusioned with the concept that what we say here will have any real effect upon anyone except ourselves (the playerbase).

InnoGames is not famously known for making changes to the game which players suggest and/or support - this does happen, of course, but even in the case of the Beta Forum, where some of the game's most advanced and knowledgeable players frequently provide careful, considered, valid, and data-supported arguments in favour of or opposition to various proposed changes to the game, the typical level of response (in terms of actual changes made) is not generally very high. There are games which are more responsive, but this has not, historically, been one of them - a choice, of course, which the game's developers and managers are wholly entitled to make, but one which, over time, tends to create the opinion that trying to influence the course of the game via suggestions and/or arguments on these Forums will probably not achieve an awful lot in terms of real results, although of course the debate itself is worthwhile in terms of allowing us to learn and to improve our own gameplay by discussing ideas amongst ourselves.

In particular, the extremely disappointing silence (so far) from InnoGames in response to the numerous and passionate (and well-supported) arguments opposing the new Tournament system, from a large number of long-term Forum Members, has generated something of an air of fatalism when it comes to believing that what we say here (or on the Beta Forum) will have any useful (or even visible) effect; we may yet see a response to the primary Tournament-related concerns, or even a paradigm shift along the lines which many have suggested, but this would be contrary to previous experience.

Long story short : it's not your ideas that are lacking, @BluebellLadybird - it's the low chance that they will be heard/acted upon by InnoGames.

Thank you so much for your explanation, it is much appreciated. I have been playing for 2.5 years but only joined the forum a few weeks ago. I joined the forum because that last quest was insulting. Now that I have a better understanding of how Inno works and fails to respond to members, I will not waste my time in offering my thoughts. Based on the number of ghost towns that surround my city, I see tangible proof of player unhappiness. Of course, not everyone who starts a city will stay but the attrition rate is staggering. I feel they are not operating with a sound business practice. Now that I reflect back on the surveys, I can see that they weren't sent out to find out how happy we are. As a retired business owner, it is true that customer service is very valuable and generally, we need a reason to keep coming back / buying diamonds and packages.

As I have said in another post, Elvenar is a wonderful concept with many more possibilities open for expansion and development. I am happy to pay for diamonds and packages when there are sufficient incentives to do so.

Going back to the original theme of the thread, the very fact that 'farms' have become so prolific as to be seen as problematic, is proof that something is very wrong within the core of the game. I don't think changing a few badges will be enough to fix that.

Gargon667

Mentor
was everyone of you that low level?

Rebuilding can take many months, how do you rebuild when the next FA is 6-8 weeks away?

especially t2/t3 factories take 1+ month a piece.
at that point I do not even see the reason to rebuild anything. before you are finished you can destroy it again :S

Depends what you´re talking about. Teleports exist nowadays, rebuilding takes 5 minutes?

Pre teleport it took longer, but back then FAs were also much less common. T2 and T3 we didn´t sell. Armories and T1 on the other hand are simple to rebuild. Also event buildings were more common back then, so selling rebuilding worked for all event buildings.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Depends what you´re talking about. Teleports exist nowadays, rebuilding takes 5 minutes?

Pre teleport it took longer, but back then FAs were also much less common. T2 and T3 we didn´t sell. Armories and T1 on the other hand are simple to rebuild. Also event buildings were more common back then, so selling rebuilding worked for all event buildings.

Guess event buildings worked and T1 also.

But i'll guess you missed part of the FA, since we had plenty FA's back to back in the past. people really complained about it.
So more now then in the past?

Gargon667

Mentor
Guess event buildings worked and T1 also.

But i'll guess you missed part of the FA, since we had plenty FA's back to back in the past. people really complained about it.
So more now then in the past?

What do you mean with past? More than two years ago? Our winning stretch only goes back to the beginning of 2019, so before that I can´t say.

In that time period the closest we´ve had FAs is 1 per month, which we´ve had since maybe Easter now? With the one exception in spring/early summer when they put 2 or 3 events back to back without FAs in between.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
What do you mean with past? More than two years ago? Our winning stretch only goes back to the beginning of 2019, so before that I can´t say.

In that time period the closest we´ve had FAs is 1 per month, which we´ve had since maybe Easter now? With the one exception in spring/early summer when they put 2 or 3 events back to back without FAs in between.

The first year we had FA's in this game?
We had 4 large events a year, 1-2 small ones and all other empty weeks is was either an FA or a challenge (havent seen that one for a while)