• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

FA farmers

gathsdell

Soothsayer
Hey all,
Just a comment In my opinion I like the new FA set up. HOWEVER, I do feel that 10 groceries is unfair(especially to smaller cities) and excessive!! carpenters fine,but to require 10 WS's to run for 9 hours,for one badge and than pack even stage 1 with tons of them is out of balance and for some small guilds undoable. Imagine for many small cities to make 1 farmers could require a whole day to produce. otherwise new set up is cool.
G

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Compared to the last version, this is allowing for far less of a shanty town to be created as we had players with vast numbers of buildings (100's). It also gives a choice of which manufactories to place given the space available, rather than needing all T1 before.
Hopefully players are starting to amass the Teleport Building spells to also help with making some room.

Pauly7

Magus
There are things out of balance about this new FA, but I don't think Farmers badges are one of them. Remember there is a much smaller required number than in previous FAs.

Bracelets and Residues are still out of whack, however. If they keep the current (or similar) format, then they might as well just remove all of the workshop/manu "shanty town" badges, because they no longer matter. I wouldn't be averse to it moving away from the old shanty town idea altogether, but right now it's just sort of sitting on the fence.

I think the bracelet and residue requirement (either in badge numbers, or what it takes to produce them) still needs to come down by 50% with both of them, just to make the other badges important.

Sir Derf

Adept
I'm curious why they kept the Brewer badge, and didn't replace it with a bulk Supplies badge like they did the Bracelets. I personally have a smaller than usual Shantytown because I teleported in more Powerhouse Boosted T1.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
There are things out of balance about this new FA, but I don't think Farmers badges are one of them. Remember there is a much smaller required number than in previous FAs.

Bracelets and Residues are still out of whack, however. If they keep the current (or similar) format, then they might as well just remove all of the workshop/manu "shanty town" badges, because they no longer matter. I wouldn't be averse to it moving away from the old shanty town idea altogether, but right now it's just sort of sitting on the fence.

I think the bracelet and residue requirement (either in badge numbers, or what it takes to produce them) still needs to come down by 50% with both of them, just to make the other badges important.

I would not mind if they did actually.
I like this new format with less slumming.

The funny part is you see some complain about the fact that there slumms are "useless" and they see it as that the bracelets and esotherics are the issue.
But it's the other way around, esotheric and bracelets are made to stop the slumming. building empty towns (often transferrect accounts of quit players) to have a FA optimesed slumm town is in no ones interest.

That said it's only a matter of time before these fellows change there approach, with huge T1 and CC farms, then the CC farm is teleported and slummed at an FA.
People will adopt and crazy scores will continue, but it already feels like the "need to slumm" is already much less, and participation is a lot easier for "normal" players.

I like it a lot.

Velours

Novice
...After doing FA in beta, I’m now doing it on live... and it confirms my opinion from the beta experience: if it stays as it is now, it is my last FA. Happy the people who like this setup.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I really do not see why some people complain about OTHER people having loads of lvl 1 T1 manufactories and workshops in their cities. The only people it affects is the people that have them

Not that fact, I do not care if you play like that, thats your choice.
My main issue is that the FA was designed to favor it, it was not designed to favor "playing the game" instead of favors destruction.
So I do not blame anyone destroying theere town placing hundreds of workshops, but I blamed the FA for being build that way.

This new format allows a fellowship to enjoy the FA with very little changes AND succeed. just by planning and coordination. I think that is a great move. those players who really dig de FA in a competitive format still can, it just takes the effort to be willing to change and adapt, they will still have crazy cities optimised for it and beat everyone else.

But at least everyone else can also enjoy it without the same destruction, just by playing the game.
That is what I love about it.

Timneh

Artisan
My comment was not aimed at you @CrazyWizard and I apologise if I made it look that way. I was just thinking of all the times over the years that people have said that they hate seeing cities with loads of lvl 1 buildings @Silmaril even refers to it above, I just don't see any problem with it, it doesn't hurt anybody and INNO say players can play the way they want to.

Pauly7

Magus
The funny part is you see some complain about the fact that there slumms are "useless" and they see it as that the bracelets and esotherics are the issue.
But it's the other way around, esotheric and bracelets are made to stop the slumming. building empty towns (often transferrect accounts of quit players) to have a FA optimesed slumm town is in no ones interest.

That said it's only a matter of time before these fellows change there approach, with huge T1 and CC farms, then the CC farm is teleported and slummed at an FA.
People will adopt and crazy scores will continue, but it already feels like the "need to slumm" is already much less, and participation is a lot easier for "normal" players.
I agree with you to a point, and I'm all for a system that moves us away from people building sprawling shanty towns and FAs being decided by who has the most space to clear.

But... that doesn't mean these badges are balanced with all the others. Sure, if people are making a vast excess of blacksmiths, necklaces and statues then fine - don't bother building so many and collecting so many. Dedicate more space to big T1 manus to make more bracelets. The trouble is, bracelets and residues are not balanced in difficulty with ALL the other badges.

You mention that people can do more to make more bracelets and that's true. Bracelets aren't the big problem, Arcane Residues are. After a point the CC farms make no difference. Even if you have a limitless supply of CCs and you're willing to craft every bit of rubbish that appears... aaand you're willing to burn time instants to make sure you get them all, there is still no chance at all of a team making as many residue badges as the totals of Elemental Marbles, Witch's Hats... or any of those other badges... numbers which are posted with no thought and nothing to buff their output.

So the only way to make all the other badges really relevant is if a team is prepared to spend quite large amounts of diamonds spinning the crafting rotations. Diamonds are, of course, limited. Time boosters are limited (after a few of these FAs people will start to run dry). So it should come down to how many badges it's possible to produce without using them. The answer: Less than half of all those other badges. I will still, therefore, maintain, that none of the other badges now hold much relevance to the outcome of an FA.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
So the only way to make all the other badges really relevant is if a team is prepared to spend quite large amounts of diamonds spinning the crafting rotations. Diamonds are, of course, limited. Time boosters are limited (after a few of these FAs people will start to run dry). So it should come down to how many badges it's possible to produce without using them. The answer: Less than half of all those other badges. I will still, therefore, maintain, that none of the other badges now hold much relevance to the outcome of an FA.
Hmm..... sounds like a plan?

In the end having competitive players spend some diamonds on "winning" sounds commercial.
oh... inno-games is a commercial entity?

;)

Pauly7

Magus
Hmm..... sounds like a plan?

In the end having competitive players spend some diamonds on "winning" sounds commercial.
oh... inno-games is a commercial entity?

;)
Well quite, but that doesn't mean it makes it good as a competition for the average player, if only the big diamond spenders can challenge for the higher places.

I know that was always the case, up to a point, and I don't object to it per se, but if you concede that they have introduced the Arcane Residue purely as a cash-grab, then I'm surprised you think this makes the FA better. There are many things I do think are better now, but this is a pretty big one that makes the other reasons unimportant because the other badges are no longer important.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Well quite, but that doesn't mean it makes it good as a competition for the average player, if only the big diamond spenders can challenge for the higher places.

I know that was always the case, up to a point, and I don't object to it per se, but if you concede that they have introduced the Arcane Residue purely as a cash-grab, then I'm surprised you think this makes the FA better. There are many things I do think are better now, but this is a pretty big one that makes the other reasons unimportant because the other badges are no longer important.
I find it better because anyone can participate meaningfully now, small, big, town destroyers and town keepers.
Anyone has a meaningfully participation, and those top spots. I don't care lol

Won the very first BSA on my main account and the very first that gave the arch, Seen it, done it, ignore it.

gathsdell

Soothsayer
seems new FA setup requiers some tweeking still as all new plans do when put into use I still feel the quantity of farmers badges requiered is out of whack to keep up with them almost forces one to do a shanty town for them

Laurelin

Sorcerer
I'm with @Pauly7 on this. I've been the 'Badge-counter' for our FS (currently in ~13th place; we're non-hardcore, but also far from casual). It's been the case, throughout the FA so far, that although the slower Badges are still semi-important - such as Blacksmiths' and, especially now that 10 productions are needed, Farmers' as a secondary concern - the whole pace and progress of the FA has been more or less reliant upon (for us) primarily Arcane Residue Badges and secondly Bracelets, with both of these being painfully slow to come in, despite several of us needing to spend a lot of Resources (CCs, Fragments, Time Boosters) on often-unwanted Crafts in the MA, and also using many (I feel too many) MM Spells on our T1 Manufactories.

We're a balanced and competent Top 50 FS, and if we're finding this new type of FA to be a very slow grind (as we are), solely due to the extreme importance of only two Badges which none of us can easily produce even with (in some cases) unsustainable Resource spending, I can't imagine how smaller and/or less practised FSs are getting on. I certainly don't feel that the chance that a few players may resort to Diamond spending (if that really is the aim?) will, in the long run, do much for the overall long-term popularity of the new-format FAs - particularly amongst lower-Chapter/non-full FSs, which I would imagine are having a very bad time with the Arcane Residue Badges, although I believe Bracelets are generally easier in lower Chapters.

In fact, I wonder whether - in spite of mainly negative feedback on Beta and Live Servers about the Arcane Residue and Bracelets - the current in-game sale offers (below), which are different from previously offered FA Badge packs, may indicate that the developers don't realise which Badges are proving to be the most problematic? Our FS certainly has no need to purchase any of the Badges currently being offered, and although I'm not endorsing the cash sale of the two 'bottleneck' Badges as an appropriate workaround, I'm very surprised that they don't feature at all. I would imagine that the Enchanted Tiara might be quite difficult for early-Chapter Cities with no or low-level Magic Academies and few Relics or Tourney Provinces, but not as difficult for any City, early or otherwise, as the Arcane Residue. The other Badges offered are, of course, the formerly more difficult Badges - again, perhaps useful to very early Cities, but for the average player, no longer an obstacle compared with Residue/Bracelets. It seems an odd selection.

New_FA_Badges_Packs_80_120_170_Percent_Per_Cent_01a.jpg New_FA_Badges_Packs_80_120_170_Percent_Per_Cent_01c.jpg

Last edited:

Alcaro

Necromancer
I'm with @Pauly7 on this. I've been the 'Badge-counter' for our FS (currently in ~13th place; we're non-hardcore, but also far from casual). It's been the case, throughout the FA so far, that although the slower Badges are still semi-important - such as Blacksmiths' and, especially now that 10 productions are needed, Farmers' as a secondary concern - the whole pace and progress of the FA has been more or less reliant upon (for us) primarily Arcane Residue Badges and secondly Bracelets, with both of these being painfully slow to come in, despite several of us needing to spend a lot of Resources (CCs, Fragments, Time Boosters) on often-unwanted Crafts in the MA, and also using many (I feel too many) MM Spells on our T1 Manufactories.

We're a balanced and competent Top 50 FS, and if we're finding this new type of FA to be a very slow grind (as we are), solely due to the extreme importance of only two Badges which none of us can easily produce even with (in some cases) unsustainable Resource spending, I can't imagine how smaller and/or less practised FSs are getting on. I certainly don't feel that the chance that a few players may resort to Diamond spending (if that really is the aim?) will, in the long run, do much for the overall long-term popularity of the new-format FAs - particularly amongst lower-Chapter/non-full FSs, which I would imagine are having a very bad time with the Arcane Residue Badges, although I believe Bracelets are generally easier in lower Chapters.

In fact, I wonder whether - in spite of mainly negative feedback on Beta and Live Servers about the Arcane Residue and Bracelets - whether the current in-game sale offers (below), which are different from previously offered FA Badge packs, may indicate that the developers don't realise which Badges are proving to be the most problematic? Our FS certainly has no need to purchase any of the Badges currently being offered, and although I'm not endorsing the cash sale of the two 'bottleneck' Badges as an appropriate workaround, I'm very surprised that they don't feature at all. I would imagine that the Enchanted Tiara might be quite difficult for early-Chapter Cities with no or low-level Magic Academies and few Relics or Tourney Provinces, but not as difficult for any City, early or otherwise, as the Arcane Residue. The other Badges offered are, of course, the formerly more difficult Badges - again, perhaps useful to very early Cities, but for the average player, no longer an obstacle compared with Residue/Bracelets. It seems an odd selection.

View attachment 4948 View attachment 4950
View attachment 4950 << the addition is calculated compared to what??? First pack has 80% addition ... from a pack which isn't available anywhere else????

CrazyWizard

Shaman

In fact, I wonder whether - in spite of mainly negative feedback on Beta and Live Servers about the Arcane Residue and Bracelets - the current in-game sale offers (below), which are different from previously offered FA Badge packs, may indicate that the developers don't realise which Badges are proving to be the most problematic? Our FS certainly has no need to purchase any of the Badges currently being offered, and although I'm not endorsing the cash sale of the two 'bottleneck' Badges as an appropriate workaround, I'm very surprised that they don't feature at all. I would imagine that the Enchanted Tiara might be quite difficult for early-Chapter Cities with no or low-level Magic Academies and few Relics or Tourney Provinces, but not as difficult for any City, early or otherwise, as the Arcane Residue. The other Badges offered are, of course, the formerly more difficult Badges - again, perhaps useful to very early Cities, but for the average player, no longer an obstacle compared with Residue/Bracelets. It seems an odd selection.

View attachment 4948 View attachment 4950

thats indeed not the smartest sale move lol