• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Extremely unbalanced catering cost in tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1197

Looking at the results of the last [marble] tournament, I am surprising once again how this is possible.

How could the guy take first place scoring 5280 points (~19.5 fully completed 5* provinces),
while still being at the start of Chapter VI and having a rating of 42k points?
Obviously, he does not fight, having 6th level barracks and none AWs for improving troops.
His production involves 4 10th level factories of T3 goods.
[Moderator Edit]

In this regard, I have a question for Inno.
Is the catering cost, depending on the number of completed ordinary provinces,
extremely unbalanced not in favor of more developed players?
It seems that all these troops improvements simply can not compete with negotiation of early and mid-game players.

It's ridiculous that in your system a fully packed donor,
who completes the research tree, takes only 2nd place, yielding 1200 points to the 1st.
Their military and production power is uncomparable. Nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1974

To stick up for the person in first place, they worked hard and saved up resources in anticipation of the tournament. Also, they are in a great fellowship that helps and supports their players.

But I do agree with you other comments, there are definitely some imbalances and being at a higher rank does not make it any easier or better.

This new tournament format is 100 times harder on troops and goods. In overall, it does not make sense.

DeletedUser1197

To stick up for the person in first place, they worked hard and saved up resources in anticipation of the tournament. Also, they are in a great fellowship that helps and supports their players.

Well, it's clear, as I thought they use this imbalance of the game.
And the guy on second place did not use the scheme. Is it honest?
Why did he spend money and time to lose this way - alone to compete with the group? It's a crap, not a system.

DeletedUser1829

Is the catering cost, depending on the number of completed ordinary provinces,
extremely unbalanced not in favor of more developed players?
It seems that all these troops improvements simply can not compete with negotiation of early and mid-game players.

I understood this method was changed with the recent tournament changes. In the old system a new town had a huge advantage in catering. The recent changes altered this to technology based and saw the costs increase. They may still have an advantage but it is no where near as easy to exploit as it was previously. Granted previously small towns had to exploit that advantage as they were at a combat disadvantage, which also changed in the recent updates.

DeletedUser3097

Congratulations to everyone who achieved the highest level in the tournament. I am certain it needs a high level of co-operation within a fellowship plus personal preparation to achieve this. Perhaps someone who has managed it can make a guide to help others (like me!).

DeletedUser1197

Congratulations to everyone who achieved the highest level in the tournament. I am certain it needs a high level of co-operation within a fellowship plus personal preparation to achieve this. Perhaps someone who has managed it can make a guide to help others (like me!).

very sad to hear that,
the guide is already in the second post

DeletedUser3337

Well I can tell you my side of the story.

I do not like battles at all and one does not need to battle in this game.
There is NO shame about this, nore is it nonsense.

I did not spend a single diamond on the last tournament, or any tournament at all.

Me is hyperactive (did EasterEvent main questline in 4 days), online all day, collecting as many resources as possible.
Me saved up resources a MONTH (27 days) and gotten 3359K to spend.
Me is in a super dooper fellowship where all play fair and have a great teamspirit.
Me simply wanted to ♪♫ Rock the Boat ♪♫

I catered 20 provinces and a tad more. ♥5628 TP♥

Oh and yes, I am sane :D
Oh and no, me is not a guy

DeletedUser1197

Well I can tell you my side of the story.
I catered 20 provinces and a tad more. ♥5628 TP♥

I forgot to clarify what I said about the guy from Arendyll.

Congratulations to you.

3M goods for 1000 ranking points? Generously:)
How many completed provinces do you have?
Compare your catering cost with 150K+ players.

For what reason more advanced players have worse conditions?
The increase in the production of goods for them significantly lags behind the growth of negotiation cost.
And fighting in a distant provinces in tournaments even in manual mode is still not an effective option due to overwhelming enemy squad size and big loses.

DeletedUser3337

Oh Lordie Lord, my ego thought you were talking about me.
Darn I am not the center of the universe :(

IF a 150k+ player would have saved up a month and used all the space in his city for manu's only ... no blabla AW's n such
He would have gotten far too.
The 3M does give away, it was very costy for me too :D
I completed 24 in worldmap for marble. (edited cuz my braincells sometimes numb)
It was not for the ranking points why I did it, just to rock the boat.

I understood, it used to be a must to battle, that catering was a no-no once you become a high ranker.
It is said,it is not balanced now. Cater vs Battle
Isnt it?
Catering must have become more attractive then as it allows players like me to ignore battling :D

Killiak

Artisan
The only way you are going to define one option as better or worse, or distinguish wether a more advanced (in terms of chapter) player actually has a disadvantage is by calculating production vs cost vs fighting.

I don't have the time or energy to do so, so good luck with that :)

DeletedUser2324

Why is it necessary to denigrate ANY player who has come anywhere in the top 10 of these tournaments. Whatever strategy you apply to get where you did deserves congratulations and support.

Well done everyone for participating in the tournaments.

Killiak

Artisan
Why is it necessary to denigrate ANY player who has come anywhere in the top 10 of these tournaments. Whatever strategy you apply to get where you did deserves congratulations and support.

Dunno. That's not what the topic is about though.

DeletedUser643

#2 here .. and to be honest I was not really going for it, but got there anyway.
Also did 20 provs but all at different levels.
Prov 1-10 to round 6
Prov 11-16 to round 5
and only did Prov 17-20 to round 1 ... and only because I only needed few points to grab 2nd place at the end.

Round 1 and 2 is about 90-95% fighting... but by Round 6 it was about 90% catering.
I like the fighting, and usually it's about 50-50 on auto-fight and doing it myself.

Spent around 1.200k of my boosted goods and another 250k of non-boosted resources.
But the most horrible catering was done at round 5 of Prov 16 .. had some that wanted 20k of some of my resources

Though for next 2 tourneys I will probably be a low flyer to recoup the losses and rebuild my armies.

For Reference I got 350 completed Provinces of those 35 Marble

DeletedUser1197

In this case you greet the strategy that violates §7 of the game rules.

Game Rules said:
§7 Pushing

• Operating a “push-account” is forbidden. This is defined as unbalanced routine resource (resources, Knowledge Points etc.) transfers from one account to the next even if involved accounts do not belong to the same player.

Everything is clear, no need to interpret

DeletedUser3337

please, read post #2 in this thread
I am sorry, but I fail to see where this post is giving you the impression that someone has done anything againt the rules.
Please do enlighten me, as I am for one a big fighter against cheating.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
I'm pretty sure that this is not the direction we'd like to see discussions go. Let's not accuse players of breaking rules. Should you expect anything like this, please do let us know, but use our support service instead of the forums. We'd be happy to look into this. Thank you!

I will lock this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.