• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Extreme latency variations from one moment to the next since Thursday update

Paladestar

Enchanter
Since the Thursday update I've been getting extreme latency variations from one moment to the next using the full/flash version of the game (Seems fine on the app). I've asked in fellowship chat and I'm not alone in this.

For example, I just did a round of the tournament and kept cycling the generic quests to always keep the "gain four relics" quest up for each tournament province and each time I declined a quest I watched my browser console for how long the decline quest POST action took each time to get a response and it varied from 80ms to 3000ms. Cycling quests is bad enough with the UI we've given for this task (three clicks, all over the screen, per quest change - 19 quests to rotate to repeat the same quest for my chapter - 57 total mouse clicks each time I want to repeat... there has to be a better way, please find it!), but with some declines randomly taking up to three seconds each it's just utterly intolerable!

It's all actions though, not just quest switching e.g. I can collect supplies and goods, it can be instant for one building, the next building takes 3 seconds, next instant, next a second and a half etc. Happening for my cities on both Fel and Wyn.

I've tried three different browsers, using both my home's fibre internet connection and using my phone as a hot spot. Same issue with all permutations. It's not my PC just being slow either (8700K, 1080 Ti etc.), it's definitely in the round trip.

m4rt1n

Adept
Have you tried clearing your internet cache, then reloading the browser. I use mozilla firefox without any such issues.

DeletedUser4149

i cleared my browser and i'm having similar problems, maybe worse.

DeletedUser6744

On a PC/ laptop you can right click on screen during the game and you get a pop up chose Global Settings and on the next pop up chose delete all.. then restart your browser this should clear the flash cache too.

DeletedUser4149

that helped a little. still having issues after i cleared my flash.