• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Explosive Phoenix

Sir Derf

Adept
This phoenix has an exponential output at an exponential time rate. One in 3 hours, 2 in 5 hours, 3 in 6 hours, up to a very large amount in the last 60 seconds of the 11 hour, 45 minute time period. Oh, and it gives diamonds if you collect in the final second. As the time goes by, the animation increases the size of the flames. If you fail to collect within the 11 hour 45 minute timeframe, all of the rewards disappear, and the Phoenix explodes. Successful collection starts the 11 hour, 45 minute production time again. Unsuccessful collection and the Phoenix is out of commission for 6 additional hours.

Or, this could be an expiring building, where it continues to produce as long as you collect within 11 hours, 45 minutes, and expires the first time you fail to collect.

Solanix

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
@Sir Derf another fantastic idea but honestly, who wants that stress with a building? If you consider the complaints about the 12 hours collections for Orcs, you can see that you would run into big trouble ... Btw. my Orc collections are always wandering around the clock because I just cannot keep the 12 hours. This exploding or expiring Phoenix would not last a single day in my city :).

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
I like the exploding phoenix idea, but it shouldnt give out diamonds imo. there are already plenty of ways to get diamonds, and even more would hurt the income of this game and therefor maybe the future of the game.

Since you talk about a phoenix, i assume its a pet that you have to feed? why not make it so that you dont have to refeed it if you collect in time, and if you collect in time you never have to feed it again?

Solanix

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
@Heymrdiedier the feeding affect is worth looking into it, especially regarding the currently ongoing discussion on the forum. But then, I don't think that many would need to feed this exploding phoenix again because they will miss the correct collection time, latest when it will come around the 2nd time :).

Sir Derf

Adept
Sure they are... just don't tell them that's what they're doing...

Simply place a sign that reads "Home Furnishing Outlet Liquidation Sale - Everything Must Go!" and they'll strip the expired building's wreckage down to the bedrock and happily cart it back to their nests.

Gargon667

Mentor
Our brave numbers knight has it figured out :D Just make sure you send the strategists to their training grounds first, the rest of them won´t ever doubt a "Free" sign :D It´s like raiding only easier!

Sir Derf

Adept
Hadn't considered the Orc Strategists... You're right, they would be suspicious... hmm...

Got it. Use that suspicion against them. Simply tell them that obviously the enemy has produced a new weapon, and that they need to collect all the wreckage to investigate. And they better do it quick; the sign is a trick by the enemy to entice unsuspecting, less intelligent folk into wandering through the lot and setting off a secondary device. I've brought in an outside team of investigators to go over everything they find... they're ready and waiting on the 45th sublevel of the Golden Abyss, just chuck everything in and they'll get started right away.