• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Exploration

• Thread starter DeletedUser5954
  • Start date

DeletedUser5954

Its a great game.... I enjoy it immensely.... but.... I would like to be able to explore the other worlds which the portals apparently give us access to! They can come to our cities, but we cant go there... :(
To me this seems like a hugely interesting possibility, that would extend the game in a new direction. We could be allowed to rebuild the portal once a level is completed, and explore the other world. It could easily be based on the hex pattern I think, each hex remaining dark until we 'explore it'... obviously there would be a cost involved, troops, supplies spells etc... but we could uncover a new world, and find new artefacts, spells, challenges, fight battles against world specific monsters, and so on. The possibilities are endless...
Exploration would be simple near the portal, and get harder the further from it.... it would be something players could work on gradually, in their own time, which would beat sitting waiting for factories to produce, or buildings to be constructed....
I have no idea of the computing complexities of such a development, but it seems to me it would be worth persuing as an alternative to ever longer and slower chapters....
Thoughts anyone? Taff

DeletedUser5954

True.... but based on the hex tournament layout, only much more extensive, and using existing scenery elements/buildings/opponents etc, I cant see it would be any more difficult that designing a totally new feature like the FA, which seems not to be too popular at the moment.... one world at a time starting with the first portal, and working up.... for me the game needs something like this that players can do in their 'waiting time'.... at our own pace....
Co-ordinated group activity is ok, but we have the tournies for that.... city building is the core of the game, and I like the organisational challenges.... exploration would give us another facet entirely..... the unknown!!! Where do we go? how far? Which direction? What will we find? etc....
I suppose my problem is that I am an ex dungeon master.... cant get it out of my system... lol .... Taff :)

DeletedUser5528

Read my post "Secondary Cities". It's on the second page of Ideas and Suggestions, third one down. I go into greater detail of future guest races and worlds that they could do.