• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Expiring trade building

Sir Derf

Adept
We've got several expiring buildings that give temporary benefits to various forms of fighting. How about one that gives negotiation benefits?

Now soliciting for names...

Tourney Trader sounds to easy....
Spire Supplier?

Pauly7

Magus
It would make sense to have it as an option...

Whatever happened to those double production days? We all thought that was leading to a new production based instant.

Sir Derf

Adept
Yuck. Evil thought occurred to me, and I realize that sharing it risks it coming true...

Individual tradesmen to temporarily decrease negotiation costs on each individual good.

Marble Artisan, Steel Artisan, Planks Artisan, etc...

One would only hope that they would look good when placed together. I'm picturing a street of coordinating merchant stands.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
We've got several expiring buildings that give temporary benefits to various forms of fighting. How about one that gives negotiation benefits?

Now soliciting for names...

Tourney Trader sounds to easy....
Spire Supplier?

Give it a bit more imagination :)
Black Market (tournament) 2x3
Spire's Well (spire) 3x2

Maybe hehe.

Sir Derf

Adept
Black Market

10% decrease in Tourney negotiations
4 square L-shaped building
Expires in 10 days
Awarded every 10 completed Spire levels

White Market

10% decrease in Spire negotiations
4 square upside-down L-shaped building
Expires in 10 days
Awarded every 35 Tourney chests.

Blue Market Signpost

5% decrease in Province negotiations
1 square building
Expires in 10 days
Awarded every 10 Magic Academy crafting reward chests

Collectively, these are the Grey Market Set. If each is touching the other 2, then each is boosted to double effect. Additionally, if assembled into a 3x3 square, the Blue Market Signpost becomes a rotating blue beacon.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Love it. But it will be too hard for some players, bringing a host of complaints. Many don't even complete the first floor of the Spire.

But expiring connected buildings sounds interesting. What would the rotating blue beacon do? Maybe a 10% decrease in time between rounds.

Gargon667

Mentor
Black Market

10% decrease in Tourney negotiations
4 square L-shaped building
Expires in 10 days
Awarded every 10 completed Spire levels

White Market

10% decrease in Spire negotiations
4 square upside-down L-shaped building
Expires in 10 days
Awarded every 35 Tourney chests.

Blue Market Signpost

5% decrease in Province negotiations
1 square building
Expires in 10 days
Awarded every 10 Magic Academy crafting reward chests

Collectively, these are the Grey Market Set. If each is touching the other 2, then each is boosted to double effect. Additionally, if assembled into a 3x3 square, the Blue Market Signpost becomes a rotating blue beacon.

love the idea!

That thing might even make me start negotiating (at least in the spire) again :)

I guess we would then constantly keep the expired set around and only replace the part we want to use next. One probably doesn´t want them all at the same time active anyway.

Sir Derf

Adept
Oh no, I'd have to expend some effort to get some reward...

My suggestions were meant to promote a synergy of activities, and I intentionally chose to both not place them in either the 10th chest or the final final Spire boss, while allowing eventual reward for smaller efforts coupled with faster rewards for more effort, and lastly providing an expiration rate that prevents you from accumulating faster than use.