• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Ancient Wonders Excess runes

DeletedUser6832

A common complaint among members of my fellowship is that excess runes have no purpose once an ancient wonder has been unlocked on the build page, yet you continue to receive runes for those wonders. I have over 10 unusable runes saved up already for one of mine, and a friend has over 30. The runes will turn into broken rune shards if applied to a wonder in progress when the slot they match is full. Once the build tab is unlocked, this function is no longer available. There should be a way to recycle additional runes into broken runes, even if it required 10 of the excess runes to make one broken rune shard. That way the rewards you get from various events would feel useful, instead of just forming a pretty little rock collection that only you can see.

Deleted User - 106219

Every fifth level you need a full Rune Wheel to upgrade your AW. So you will need those "useless" Rune Shards at levels 6, 11, 16 and 21. And 26 when it gets added.

DeletedUser6832

Oh, that is helpful. I think no one in my fellowship has gotten far enough to see that yet.

cwgiii

Shaman
And, as you go further in the chapters, it gets more difficult to get the exact rune for the exact AW that you are really looking for. You end up burning through more and more to generate broken shards to fit the situation perfectly.

DeletedUser3097

A common complaint among members of my fellowship is that excess runes have no purpose once an ancient wonder has been unlocked on the build page, yet you continue to receive runes for those wonders.

One way I sometimes use to break some extra runes is:

I wait till the end of a chapter when I have some space and build one of the ancient wonders I don't actually want in my city. Once it is built, I immediately destroy it then I can use the excess runes which I hope will break!

DeletedUser6357

I have over 10 unusable runes saved up already for one of mine, and a friend has over 30.

:D

Runes shards.jpg

For the AW you will build, you will need runes shards for each next 6th level.
The AWs of the low chapters have the difficulty to get in the right place - from 20-30 available runes shards you may not get the 9 needed to fill the level.
So for AWs from the low chapters you need a lot of runes to develop your AWs.
In the S&D chapter runes shards already have the ability to easily get in the right place - out of 9 available runes for the Maze of the Dark Mater, 8 came in and only one place I filled with broken shards. Similar is the situation with Dragon Abbey.
While for BTG I have been waiting for 2 months to be able to collect many runes and fill the level, mainly with broken shards.

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
I have a lot of runes for most of my AWs (and I have most of them) I no longer have anywhere to use broken shards

perhaps this is a good point to say again that a fellowship AW that broken shards could be used on and where fellowship wide benefits could be gained might be something worth consdiering

cwgiii

Shaman
A market for runes would be good to exchange runes you dont want between fellows / players.
I agree. Open the market, I say. We can all personally trade anything we like IRL. I'd like anything to be trade-able. Troops, buildings, spells, Instants, etc.