• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Evolution of the Phoenix

m4rt1n

Adept
All in all a nice event, but it has to be said better foresight by the devs would be welcome in future as the added 20 quests seemed a little rushed afterthought in my opinion, especially the 1 and 2 day boosted productions now a lot of players ch12 and above can only produce 3 and 9 hour goods and many are mid guest race so highly limited on space to build extra's.

With little over 4 days left, I have managed to upgrade fully a Phoenix Nest and may get the wishing well also after the 9th Phoenix Artifact, however this time I purchased the +1 Event building, which I am thankful that the devs listened last time and reduced the price a little. :)

DeletedUser7309

I managed to complete the quest trail yesterday, many thanks to those who posted the list that made it possible to plan ahead :D
It cost me about 10 days of time boosters and scuppered my carefully planned hamlet but I hav got 5 wishing wells so far; having heard lots about them but never had one before I’m pretty happy and Steve (my Phoenix) has already been put to good use
Trawling around the wiki I came across the Phoenix cult building set - have I completely missed a key part of this event ???

m4rt1n

Adept
I managed to complete the quest trail yesterday, many thanks to those who posted the list that made it possible to plan ahead :D
It cost me about 10 days of time boosters and scuppered my carefully planned hamlet but I hav got 5 wishing wells so far; having heard lots about them but never had one before I’m pretty happy and Steve (my Phoenix) has already been put to good use
Trawling around the wiki I came across the Phoenix cult building set - have I completely missed a key part of this event ???

No you haven't, that was from last years Phoenix event.

Deleted User - 341074

Soggy, what assumptions did you use for productions per day on a workshop and for the cost of population?
In this case I just eyeballed it:p

The storm/Fire phoenix at stage 3 (2 evolution artifacts used) gives just under 80K per 2 days.
Advanced tools gives me 14K with 160% culture
Workshop + about 20 sq of res and a few culture = around 48 squares vs phoenix at 12 squares (16base+2 roads-6 pop)
so around 4 times the size of the phoenix
14K/4 = 3.5

40K/3.5= just over 11 advanced tools per day to beat a stage 3 phoenix.
For a lazy player like me (9hx2+3h) the phoenix gives more than double.

Lots of bread could do it though, or well-placed PoP spells

Also, I almost never include magic res/ws when I run comparisons, so maybe a 9h+5x3 all magic city would be much closer

Last edited by a moderator:

LazyTony

Sorcerer
In this case I just eyeballed it:p

I do bread all day most days, and my most expensive population is 325 per square (a regular on road residence is 236 per square). I also have 470k surplus culture, so I assumed it was free. I thought all that would change the calculation a lot, but nope, at level 3 (the first level the phoenix makes supplies) it still beats a workshop.

WS, 41 squares producing ((14 x 4530) + 15200) = 78620 supplies per day, 1917 per square/day.
Fire or Storm Phoenix , lev 3 = 18 squares producing 39600 supplies per day, 2200 supplies per square\day.

Deleted User - 341074

Fire or Storm Phoenix , lev 3 = 18 squares producing 39600 supplies per day, 2200 supplies per square\day.
Also gives 1392 pop which should be worth at least 4 squares bringing it up to 2,800 per sqare\day:)

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
Now that the event is (almost) over, I'd like to give my feedback. The evolving Phoenixes were the main attraction of this event, and I love my red bird. The original quests were easily doable. No 1 or 2 day productions other than 9 toolboxes, really nice! These quests allowed you get one bird to a decent level, or two to mid level - which would already have been great.

But we got another 20 quests, much more challenging this time, but giving the chance to fully evolve one Phoenix without spending diamonds! Much appreciated:)

And many, many thanks to the devs for dropping the requirement to build non-boosted manufactories for the event. This way, it's much easier to convince new players to go boosted only.

The daily prizes came from past events, which is o.k. from time to time - and some of the buildings are great.

The rotating chests with many "grand prizes" are not my favorite, I like every other setup better (but maybe that's personal taste).

I cannot complain about the outcome however, a fully evolved firebird, loads of daily prizes - and enough coin instants to buy the whole neighborhood:p

All in all, one of the best events in the two years I play Elvenar.

DeletedUser3718

Really Nice Event!. I hope there will be more events In wich you can gain "Evolving Scrolls" for this kind of Buildings. I Greatly enjoy these days playing.

DeletedUser7309

I really enjoyed this event although my work and family life has suffered :rolleyes:
I’ve got Steve up to level 9, never won any extra SE from the chests but on the second time the Wishing Well was offered as a daily prize I snagged 11 taking my total to 16 for the whole event :)
Just need more space now ...

Mr.Dave

Alchemist
....If people were really keen to test the randomness of the chest and prize generation...

You're absolutely right, it would take a LOT of data to nail the distribution of prizes. I've got 36 days of data on 1 wishing well, and so far it doesn't look like the prizes are distributed equally -- but I didn't expect them to be. In Phoenix Evolution I went for many days getting nothing but 5% chances at the daily prizes and no way to get more than 20 SE from a chest (less than cost of opening). Must have opened about 30 chests in a row like that. On other days I got 200 SE and 3 daily prizes while opening 4-5 chests. Last 2 days have been terrible! The only way Inno would gain from an "unfair" RNG system is to frustrate us into buying diamonds. I got 8 Phoenix Artifacts altogether. Would like 10, but not going to spend my real money on them! 8 is not bad!

If someone did collect the enormous amount of data and showed a discrepancy, would that cause a change in the programming? I think not. They seem very thorough in their balancing, my guess is it all works just the way they want.

DeletedUser7744

This Phoenix event is SUPERB! The quests, although lengthy, but are doable for new or casual players to progress through compared to the previous events. The idea of cutting down huge tasks into smaller easier pieces is ingenious. Although I couldn't finish the entire quests (RIP at 96th) but I'm pretty much content with my own humble achievements and I'm feeling accomplished enough. Hopefully Elvenar can attract new or casual players into participating this way. So, BIG THANKS Inno!

DeletedUser8921

I am a new player. I started around a week before this event started I think. I settled on playing in Felyndral (en3) after trying to play more than one world -- I couldn't keep up.

This event was great for a new player. I was able to make progress through the game -- almost in chapter 3 now -- while still getting enough points to upgrade Freddie the Fire Phoenix to Level 9. One thing that was really great was that a lot of the small trades I posted were accepted, I would guess from people completing those quests. This made my progress much easier.

One piece of feedback I have for this and the upcoming goods production challenge is that it is harder on players, particularly newer players, whose primary boosted good is steel -- our level 1 manufactories take up twice as much space -- and almost twice as much population! That made the tradeoff more difficult as I had room for 6 workshops OR steel manufactories in the beginning (eventually for a total of 15 workshops OR steel manufactories). Maybe consider adjusting the requirements for the tier 1 boosted good to relate to the size of the level 1 manufactory? I would guess this doesn't matter as much later when the manufactories are more the same size and cities are bigger too, but it had a very large effect on my tiny city.

I look forward to future events!

Deleted User - 341074

I would guess this doesn't matter as much later when the manufactories are more the same size and cities are bigger too, but it had a very large effect on my tiny city.
It will always matter as players make little level 1 buildings for events, so steel and human plankers are at a significant disadvantage. There has been a beta test of a new mini event that allowed players to use any kind of factory, so with some luck they'll port that feature into future events.

DeletedUser8921

Even if they let us use any kind of factory, we are still at a disadvantage because we would be better off economically producing boosted vs. non-boosted goods. I can make 3 times as much steel in the same space I can make marble or planks, then trade it for marble or planks 1:1. The quests in the phoenix event already required us to do some inefficient things (48-hour productions!), but having to do them in a non-boosted manufactory makes even less sense. I am not complaining because free stuff is free stuff, and I got a LOT of it from this event. I'm basically set for life on spells, and I have 12 Wishing Wells not to mention more culture buildings than I can ever imagine using. But it does put players with steel as a boosted resource at a disadvantage compared to other players.

Deleted User - 384643

Excellent event IMO.
Some great daily prizes, and I'm loving my lvl 10 Fire Phoenix. It looks awesome (great artwork) and that +50% troop damage feeding effect is very useful during tournaments. These evolving buildings make a great addition to the game.
Good job, guys.

DeletedUser3571

A player in my fellowship found someone who has 2 storm phoenixes, so apparently is was possible to get multiples of them. i went and did some studying and found a discussion on the us forum that said's if you won 27 artifacts that you could then win more of the phoenixes. (but the only way to do this would be spending a lot of money)
i thought this was interesting to know, even if i was never going to spend that amount of money on the event