• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Evolution of the Phoenix

DeletedUser7309

The wishing well comes again near the end of the event, day 26 i think.
I stockpiled 2k SE and I’ve got 3 wishing wells today from the daily prize and can see it comes up again as a grand prize (will be my second WW as a grand prize if I reach it) and if there’s another chance at it for a daily prize I’ll stockpile SE when I run out today

Deleted User - 341074

So would people actually be keen to give this a go?
We tried this on US forums more than once. Participation was never high enough and invariably ended up biased as players with rotten luck joined the forums for the first time ever to complain but no one ever came to share when things went their way. Human nature.

Also, can't inno check to see how well their RNG is working very easily? Are we assuming that they've never done exactly that? 1 attempt at making an RNG that they probably use for all 7 games and this $200,000,000 in annual revenues company has never looked at the results? Seems doubtful.

Pauly7

Magus
If people were really keen to test the randomness of the chest and prize generation I could set up a thread to collect data, with some basic instructions of what information people need to record (and how to do it so as to ensure a true representation of events, not just the occasions when things are really great or really bad).
Interesting idea, but even if it gained good interest from the users of this forum, or the readers of this thread I still don't think it would make up enough good data compared to the number of people playing the game.

KingCharles

Seeker
Almost finished all the quests, but the SE is only enough to get 7 phoenix artifact. Would there be some more quests after 134?

Deleted User - 341074

Almost finished all the quests, but the SE is only enough to get 7 phoenix artifact. Would there be some more quests after 134?
It's doubtful that they will add more quests again, so you'll probably just get the daily quests and the drops around your city after quest #134.

DeletedUser5093

We tried this on US forums more than once. Participation was never high enough and invariably ended up biased as players with rotten luck joined the forums for the first time ever to complain but no one ever came to share when things went their way. Human nature.
This is an issue I'm aware of, and I have some ideas of how to counter it. It remains to be seen how effective it could be though, but I think it has sufficient merit as to be worth trying. Any chance you could link to the threads you're referring to? It would be interesting to see their methods and results.

Also, can't inno check to see how well their RNG is working very easily? Are we assuming that they've never done exactly that?
Absolutely, and I have no doubt they have tested it. What people are asking for is independent verification, and if they're willing to do the legwork then I see no harm in giving it a go.

Interesting idea, but even if it gained good interest from the users of this forum, or the readers of this thread I still don't think it would make up enough good data compared to the number of people playing the game.
As a general rule, a sufficiently large unbiased sample will give a good indication of how the population behaves as a whole, even if it is not a significant percentage of the total. This effect can be seen in things like elections, where they give regular updates on the result of the count. Even when something like only 10% of the total vote is counted, you can usually get a pretty good indication of who will win, unless it's really close.

DeletedUser7309

Is there likely to be another tournament before the end, I’m wondering how I’m gonna get all those relics and encounters in the additional quests

Sir Derf

Adept
How many would you want? They added 20 quests, 1300 more Sky Essences, which my estimation upped the expectations from 5 to 7 Phoenix Artifacts. Ot the other hand, they gave 3 Phoenixes, which would like a total of 27 Phoenix Artifacts.

DeletedUser2920

Okay, I'm a little confused about these evolving buildings. I just placed the Aureate one, and was expecting to see my good production boosted. But it didn't.

Is it that you only get the good boost when you use the pet food? If so, this one sucks.

But then I don't fight, so no point in getting the Fire Phoenix, and the other one just has a boost for Magical Manufacturing, so it seems like if you can't be bothered with pet food, then the building doesn't do much anyway.

DeletedUser4511

Hey,You are right.
Not every building is for everyone, so you should gather information before you place a building.
Same goes for Ancient wonders and many culture / culture population buildings.

Evolving buildings give bonus only if you feed the bird, if you don't, they give culture, population and coins/goods per time but no bonus.
If you feed them they work for some time and then they stop.

DeletedUser2920

Hey,You are right.
Not every building is for everyone, so you should gather information before you place a building.
Same goes for Ancient wonders and many culture / culture population buildings.

Evolving buildings give bonus only if you feed the bird, if you don't, they give culture, population and coins/goods per time but no bonus.
If you feed them they work for some time and then they stop.

The problem I'm having is that the information is all over the place. The best I can find is on Elvengems.

It says "1st tier boosted goods +1" for level one, then "1st tier boosted goods +2" from level 5 and "1st tier boosted goods" from level 9.

No amount of research is going to tell me what on earth this means. Nothing else mentions any of this. It's what seems to happen with such things, until you put it down, you have no idea what's going to happen at all. Any clues to help this raving eejit?

DeletedUser4511

Well it is confusing yes.
So Tier 1 goods are marble, steel and planks
+1 would mean, if your boosted tier 1 good is marble, bird would give your steel, then steel and planks and on the end all three goods.

I guess some mistery must exist to make game interesting and fun :)

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
The best information is in-game. If you placed the bird, click on it, then "Evolve" tab. You can scroll through all stages. When you hover over a picture, all the bonuses and the feeding effect are shown for your chapter and boosts.

If you haven't placed the Phoenix yet, locate it at the Summonings tab of the Inventory. Open its information window (the blue "i" in the top right corner), then click "Show Stage Overview".

LazyTony

Sorcerer
IMO all the phoenixes are worth placing if you have the instants to get them to lev 9 or 10. They justify their space on the culture, pop, and timed productions at that level, and the pet food thing is an optional bonus. At lower levels they are a waste of space, the timed productions start giving the good stuff at level 9.

DeletedUser5976

The problem I'm having is that the information is all over the place. The best I can find is on Elvengems.
True, but asking around in forums may help you. Forums is full of helpful and knowledgeable people. It helps me a lot even if I find sites like gamersgems etc also very helpful, forums is where people discuss merits of different buildings and compare them to each other. I always keep an eye on forum discussions whenever something new comes out. I also keep an eye on the Beta forums.