• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Evolution of the Phoenix

Deleted User - 341074

Apparently quest 65 shows to upgrade 2 buildings to level 4 or higher, it IS actually upgrade 2 buildings to level 5 or higher like the quest list says....I just upgraded 2 buildings to level 4 like the quest shows and the quest did not complete.View attachment 3636
If you read the quest carefully you'll see it actually says to upgrade 2 level 4 buildings, and NOT to upgrade buildings to level 4.

It's a nasty little change, and it's why that quest is listed as "upgrade to level 5" on our list at
www.tinyurl.com/phoevo

DeletedUser4164

Can someone simply explain what Pet Fooods are so we can all undersetend ????

Deleted User - 384643

Can someone simply explain what Pet Fooods are so we can all undersetend ????
Pet Food is used to activate the special ability of the new evolving Phoenix buildings. For example, the Fire Phoenix will increase the damage your troops do for 24 hours after you cast Pet Food on it.

DeletedUser8481

Apparently quest 65 shows to upgrade 2 buildings to level 4 or higher, it IS actually upgrade 2 buildings to level 5 or higher like the quest list says....I just upgraded 2 buildings to level 4 like the quest shows and the quest did not complete.View attachment 3636

your building must be at a minimum of level 4 and upgrade to next level. If u have a building at level 8, it will only count when upgraded to 9.

m4rt1n

Adept
Going to quote myself here as I'm still a little shocked after some research.

The bonus in the early upgrades of The Aureate is very small, hover your mouse on PC version over the manufactory and it will give the breakdown as shown on the Elven Gems example.
The bonus from the Aureate is added to the bonus from any Ancient Wonder and Relic input before being applied.

So for example if you have 700% from relics and 56% from Mountain Halls and 30% from the Aureate Phoenix, the goods bonus will be 786%.

Relic 700%
AW MH 56%
Aureate 30%

Total Bonus 786%

From this question - https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/aureate-phoenix-pet-food-didnt-appear-to-work.9954/

So @Muf-Muf @Dizzy Lizzie this seems a little underhand by Inno selling the event new type buildings with the big bonuses that apply after giving Pet Food.

I'd like if this would and could be explained clearly as the wiki, video and announcement fail to mention this is the case. :eek:

Last edited:

Deleted User - 341074

Same goes for storm.
55% mm Increase?
Is that the normal 50%+55%=105% boost?
Nope.
Is that 50% plus half (50+27.5)=77.5% boost?
Nope.
It's just 55% total. The 50 you always had plus just 5% more.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
just wondering if pet food will still be taking up crafting slots if you disenchant the crappy phoenix buildings?

DeletedUser5976

People who don't have any blueprints keep getting RR recipes, so I'm guessing that the pet food recipes will keep appearing.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Thats probably because you can still craft the rr spells with diamonds. You cant reaquire the phoenix buildings after disenchanting. So hoping it works like the chess set, they disappeared once crafted.

DeletedUser5093

I ran the numbers to see what effect the storm and aureate phoenixes would have on one of my manufactories when given pet food, and converted it into a percentage increase of the total production, since the way the phoenixes are described doesn't make it clear what the overall effect is going to be. Just thought I'd share in case it can help clarify to people how they work. Effect may differ slightly depending on what boosts you have, so take this as a rough guide rather than exact numbers. Note that the storm phoenix affects your total production after all bonuses added, while the aureate phoenix only affects the base production before any bonuses are added, including from relics.

dd56p3r-4fec60b7-49fa-4f30-8222-f623000cf462.png

I also ran the numbers to see what would happen if I placed both phoenixes in my city, and what the optimum arrangement would be for a certain number of upgrade spells. I found that for my city if I have 7 or less upgrade spells I should put all my upgrades into the storm phoenix while leaving the aureate not upgraded. If I got more than that, then instead I should upgrade the aureate as high as I can, then only once maxxed should I put upgrades into the storm. Note that this scenario requires twice the amount of pet food to get the total bonus.

Again, what's true for my city may not be true for yours, so take these numbers as a rough guide only.

dd56p3i-e752e46f-f144-4aa8-bf02-132aa754efd7.png

I hope people find that useful. :)

Pauly7

Magus
OK, so the one I am interested in is the Fire Phoenix which isn't being mentioned. Is that going to give me 50% extra damage for all troops like it says?

FieryArien

Necromancer
OK, so the one I am interested in is the Fire Phoenix which isn't being mentioned. Is that going to give me 50% extra damage for all troops like it says?
I think the Fire Phoenix is not being mentioned, because the general opinion is that it’s the best choice (except for players with unusual play style, but those don’t need these analyses anyway). The other two are being discussed, because players still wonder what’s so special about them and how to utilize their special powers to justify their placement in the city. Well, at least that’s how I see it. :p

Yes, Fire Phoenix at level 10 should give you 50% damage. I haven’t seen anyone disputing the effect. Note that on the US forum there is a talk about a glitch in fire Phoenix that actually makes tournament harder. At the moment I’d say it’s just rumors, but I wouldn’t completely rule out the possibility of such bug: https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/fire-phoenix-glitch-or-trap.19799/

My personal choice is Fire. However, I’m in no hurry to place any of them. They and the evolvement spells certainly won’t spoil sitting in my inventory, if I keep them a bit longer until the dust from all the excitement settles.

EDIT: fixed link.

DeletedUser5093

Yep. Fire phoenix is probably the only phoenix that's simple and intuitive to understand. It says it'll increase troop damage by 5% to 50%, depending on building level, and that's exactly what it does. Compare that to the storm phoenix, which lists the effect as +55% to +100% to MM spells, but it doesn't increase the spell effect by that amount, it just changes it to that amount, which equates to a 5% to 50% increase. The aureate phoenix is even worse. I would call it outright deceptive. The feeding effect just refers to 'goods production', which makes it sounds like it will increase the amount of goods you get by the listed percentage (15% to 300%, depending on level). However that percentage actually only applies to the base amount (a number you can only find by digging through the hover text on your productions), so the actual increase is much much smaller.

DeletedUser5093

Does this mean its usefulness is greatly reduced if you have a high level Elvenar Trade Centre and MM spells are already considerably boosted?
Good question. I don't know, but I'd be interested to find out. If you have this wonder built in your city and the storm phoenix still in your inventory could you look up some numbers for me so I can try to work out how they interact? Just hover over the storm phoenix in your summonings and tell me what it says under 'feed effect'. Also, what level is your trade centre wonder, and what effect do MM spells currently have for you?

LazyTony

Sorcerer
I have a trade centre, but no plans to build this phoenix for a while. Obviously I can't pop it back in storage after placing it, so I can't test I'm afraid.

DeletedUser5093

I have a trade centre, but no plans to build this phoenix for a while. Obviously I can't pop it back in storage after placing it, so I can't test I'm afraid.
Sorry for any confusion, but I meant look at the phoenix while in storage. No need to build anything. Just click on your inventory, go to summonings, then hover over the storm phoenix to see its stats, then let me know what the stats under "feed effect" say.
While you're there could you also tell me what your current MM spells do. To do that just go to your 'enchantments' tab in your inventory, hover over an orange spell to see its stats, then tell me what % it says.
Can you also confirm for me that you currently have a level 21 trade centre?

That's all the info I need. You should not need to modify your city in any way to access it.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
The Storm phoenix displays MM "+ 55%". I have a level 21 trade centre. MM spells display a "+87.5%" effect.

My guess would be that since an unboosted MM spell provides + 50%, the storm phoenix at level 1 provides a 10% boost to that (10% of 50 = 5) that the storm phoenix plus my level 21 trade centre would provide 10% extra of an 87.5% boost, 96.25% total.

Without placing and using pet food, all we will be able to do is guess :(

Last edited:

Deleted User - 1759805

I found that for my city if I have 7 or less upgrade spells I should put all my upgrades into the storm phoenix while leaving the aureate not upgraded. If I got more than that, then instead I should upgrade the aureate as high as I can, then only once maxxed should I put upgrades into the storm. Note that this scenario requires twice the amount of pet food to get the total bonus.
This is an interesting analysis, but I won't necessarily jump to conclusions on best upgrades based just off that. Have you taken into account that there is limited amount of pet food and MM spells per week that you can get? I assume you can't run 24/7 on MMs; once you run out of MMs it doesn't matter how high your Storm is, and whether you have pet food or not - your Storm is useless, while Aureate is not.

Similarly, there is only so many pet food instants you can get per week. With two phoenixes, you will face a choice of which one to feed to get maximum effect given limited food. This decision will be intertwined with your choice of which one to upgrade; you can't make it standalone.

My 0.02.