• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Evolution of the Phoenix

Deleted User - 341074

beta players have a chance to report bugs and get free diamonds, whether you do or not is up to you.:)
That's like saying Live players with Facebook accounts have Gravity Inns.
Sure it's possible for very few but not for everyone since there are only so many bugs.
Like the FA- sure those top 3 buildings can be won, but by definition a limited item can not be won by everyone.

The bottom line is that Beta players have no advantage over other players and are actually playing a slightly harder game due to shorter notice of anything. E.g 4d 9h to do those 20 new quests.

Timneh

Artisan
The bottom line is that Beta players have no advantage over other players and are actually playing a slightly harder game due to shorter notice of anything. E.g 4d 9h to do those 20 new quests.

I can't help thinking that those 20 new quests are going to be very hard if not impossible for some beta players. One of my fellows has scouting times of over 80hrs and the second to last quest is scout 2 provinces. With those scout times if players don't have loads of time boosters they have no chance of doing them.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
That's like saying Live players with Facebook accounts have Gravity Inns.
Sure it's possible for very few but not for everyone since there are only so many bugs.
Like the FA- sure those top 3 buildings can be won, but by definition a limited item can not be won by everyone.

zzzzzzz.....wake me up when you actually say something interesting and pertinent.;):D

Bottom line is Beta is a test platform so they dont matter, they provide feedback on bugs and other features, and make it harder for everyone else on live:p

Deleted User - 341074

LoL @Thagdal Let me know if you say anything accurate or factual;)
I can't help thinking that those 20 new quests are going to be very hard if not impossible for some beta players. One of my fellows has scouting times of over 80hrs and the second to last quest is scout 2 provinces. With those scout times if players don't have loads of time boosters they have no chance of doing them.
The scouts are brutal, I'll have one close but the other is going to be expensive in timers. Really though if it works out to 1 more artifact for 5% more attack power on all troops forever, it's worth it.
Plus, rebuilding all of the residences and factories I nuked to make a turd town gives my builders something to do for the next 6(?) months until a new chapter comes out.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
They just added a new quest.

Quest 135: Make 1k FA badges. 1k essence.

Oh, announced a new FA to coincide with the last 6 days of the event. It was all at @SoggyShorts request :p

Hot off the press:

Quest 136 Dig 100 holes in RL. Fill them back in. 2k essence.

and finally:

Quest 137. Back to the Stone age. Delete everything you care about in your city. 10k essence.

I just thought I should get into the spirit of the new quest style.

Last edited by a moderator:

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Oh they fixed the quests. Breaking news:

In response to @SoggyShorts again, we have made Quest 135 10 times more fun by making the FA quest cycling system take 10 times as many clicks to collect each badge.

DeletedUser4149

poor advance notification seems to be a common trend lately. but i'm glad that everyone can evolve their phoenixes further without spending money. this gives less of an advantage to those who spend a ton of money compared to those who don't.

what would have been more fair is if they would've added workshop quests or ones that required using all tier 1s or maybe any tier 1. these quests to produce 12,000 tier 1 productions for 24 hours are twice as hard on steel and human plank makers as they are on everyone else.

yeah, scouting 2 provinces back to back is brutal. they could have added alternatives like gain relics, upgrade buildings, or maybe spend relics, orcs, or gold to complete quests.

Deleted User - 341074

what would have been more fair is if they would've added workshop quests or ones that required using all tier 1s or maybe any tier 1. these quests to produce 12,000 tier 1 productions for 24 hours are twice as hard on steel and human plank makers as they are on everyone else.
Absolutely. If my Beta wasn't an Elven Planker I might have not even tried.....or maybe I would have removed all of my chapter 14 armories to make room since chapter 12 ones are still better per square:confused:

LazyTony

Sorcerer
This is the first time I have resorted to pointless sarcastic negative forum posts. I am really at the end of my tether. Its like the game is ran by a 5 year old having a temper tantrum. "Oh, so this event I put loads of time into designing was too easy for you? Try this ..."

Deleted User - 341074

This is the first time I have resorted to pointless sarcastic negative forum posts. I am really at the end of my tether. Its like the game is ran by a 5 year old having a temper tantrum. "Oh, so this event I put loads of time into designing was too easy for you? Try this ..."
Sooo listening and responding to player feedback = bad?
Got it.:rolleyes:

Deleted User - 341074

Swinging from one extreme to the total opposite end of the scale in a hasty overreaction would be a better characterisation than "listening to player feedback"
Super silly easy + pretty hard = medium difficulty.
What exactly is your complaint? I mean you had 2 weeks to do the first 114, now 2 weeks to do the next 20.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
I make plans. I don't enjoy making screeching handbrake 180 degree turns because change has been forced on me. These new quests will take me twice as long as the planned ones. The 2 scouts alone is over a week.

Deleted User - 341074

I don't enjoy making screeching handbrake 180 degree turns because change has been forced on me.
Do you hate challenge so much? aren't you bored? I mean I finished the first 114 quests in 24h even without your....advantages, and staring down a month without any event at all is kinda boring, no?

LazyTony

Sorcerer
I'd have significantly less issue with this entire quest list if announced from the start, with the exception of 2 scouts. Building a new t3 factory takes 3 weeks. I finished the new chapter, finished the event quests, and began filling all that lovely space with the stuff I wanted. Now I have to postpone or even delete those buildings because a bunch of new quests of a difficulty unprecedented in any previous event are dropped in with no notice. If I wanted surprises I would play a first person shooter. I want to play a game that lays out complex choices in front of me and lets me pick a strategy.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 341074

If I wanted surprises I would play a first person shooter. I want to play a game that lays out complex choices in front of me and lets me pick a strategy.
Meh. Sounds a little lame to me. But then again I don't find this game to be very hard, so your experience must be different.

DeletedUser5976

I am glad with a chance to win more essences, I was just finished with the regular quests when these new ones were introduced so I will have enough time for these new quests.

The double scouting quest is hard though (let me repeat, I will complete the quests in plenty of time so I'm not saying this on my own account) and I think that if there is no alternative condition to finish the quest it shouldn't be more than one province that should be scouted. It's weird that quest nr. 125 'scout one province or upgrade one building to lvl 16' gives 65 essences and that quest nr. 133 'scout 2 provinces' without alternatives also gives 65 essences.

FieryArien

Necromancer
That was sad reading. :-( Please don’t get back to it again when you guys wake up.

On topic: The added quests are hard. However, it does make sense to me. The initial set is indeed easy and allows everyone to decently evolve a Phoenix. Players complained that it’s not enough. The added quests are not meant as additional evolution giveaway. Higher Phoenix level == higher effort. Not to mention that there is still enough time to finish - as opposed to on beta.

That doesn’t mean that I wasn’t pissed off. When I finished the original set, I enlarged my Halflings settlement by building more fields. They require seeds and since seeds are the bottleneck in my city’s progress, I can’t afford to delete them. Not pleasant situation. It’s also worth mentioning that the city is human planks producer. However, I do want Phoenix evolved as much as possible, so my demolition team simply had to find space elsewhere.

Lelanya

Mentor
However, I do want Phoenix evolved as much as possible, so my demolition team simply had to find space elsewhere.

I have to ask, do we? Who benefits from these prizes, and this event?
My smaller cities are not yet topped up with relics. I would have a VERY hard time with my tier 4 and 5 boosts at this point BECAUSE the only way to get an Orc Nest is craft them (IF it's offered which half the time it isn't); for example. All this drama for the opportunity to run our cities into walls time and again.
These quests are ridiculously hard, nearly impossible for small cities, all for a temporary effect. Consider: relics for pet food for bonuses that don't last. Tsk tsk