• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Event Ouposts

Pauly7

Magus
The Event Outposts rile me somewhat. Whether they are £9.99, £7.99 or £4.99 we are still being offered a premium building which we part with a specific amount of cash for. It's easy to ignore them while not too much inspiring is being offered in the events, but nonetheless I dislike the fact that for the premium paid we are just being given the same standard throw-away expiring building.

I realise that it's all about making money, but dontcha think a lot more people would be willing to spend that money if the building was something new and unique which then offered something to make it worth keeping permanently? In the old days I remember buying the "Moon Mirror" just because I liked it. I deleted it anyway once I realised the graphics shutdown after the 30 day period. Since then I think we've had much the same "outpost" every event.

So... if I liked how the building looked in my city and if it offered a little temptation to make it worth keeping around (maybe a few extra population or maybe something that gives out a bit of mana every 24 hours - permanently) then I would have no qualms about paying a few pounds to get it, even if there was nothing I particularly wanted to win in an event.

I'm not sure if others agree, but I hope this can be passed along to the devs @Silmaril @Muf-Muf.

Verde

Soothsayer
Bought the little Christmas wreath/candle when it was offered because it was pretty but also low cost to buy and required little space. Still have it in one world and still happy to see it. :)
So yes, it would be nice to see similarly attractive offerings and at least some variety.

DeletedUser

The Event Outposts rile me somewhat. Whether they are £9.99, £7.99 or £4.99 we are still being offered a premium building which we part with a specific amount of cash for. It's easy to ignore them while not too much inspiring is being offered in the events, but nonetheless I dislike the fact that for the premium paid we are just being given the same standard throw-away expiring building.

I realise that it's all about making money, but dontcha think a lot more people would be willing to spend that money if the building was something new and unique which then offered something to make it worth keeping permanently? In the old days I remember buying the "Moon Mirror" just because I liked it. I deleted it anyway once I realised the graphics shutdown after the 30 day period. Since then I think we've had much the same "outpost" every event.

So... if I liked how the building looked in my city and if it offered a little temptation to make it worth keeping around (maybe a few extra population or maybe something that gives out a bit of mana every 24 hours - permanently) then I would have no qualms about paying a few pounds to get it, even if there was nothing I particularly wanted to win in an event.

I'm not sure if others agree, but I hope this can be passed along to the devs @Silmaril @Muf-Muf.

Hello Pauly7 :)
A good idea is always worth putting forward, it might or might not be implemented, that I can't say.
I'll pass it along

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Or maybe make it a 1x1 tile, that does fit in any corner.

@trilljay I think it would be good for INNO if you added the amount of culture the building gives. The first one I bought I assumed it had none, and knowing it has some, makes it more worth.

IMO I do not care it's the same recycled building really... but what I do not like is that it is always released upon opening a chest the second day (if none, then a third day...) I think that as this event (or any) launches, you need to also launch the sale of the building (besides those starter packs), on the very first day, as it always expires days after the event.

My two cents.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
I can certainly feed back that more information is needed about this building, as the culture aspect is one of the reasons I can keep these hanging around. So agree more needs to be known about this.

DeletedUser

Or maybe make it a 1x1 tile, that does fit in any corner.

@trilljay I think it would be good for INNO if you added the amount of culture the building gives. The first one I bought I assumed it had none, and knowing it has some, makes it more worth.

Hello@AstralSoul !I hear you.

IMO I do not care it's the same recycled building really... but what I do not like is that it is always released upon opening a chest the second day (if none, then a third day...) I think that as this event (or any) launches, you need to also launch the sale of the building (besides those starter packs), on the very first day, as it always expires days after the event.

My two cents.

Do you feel the day the building is released affects the 'dropped' Essence count?

Pauly7

Magus
but what I do not like is that it is always released upon opening a chest the second day (if none, then a third day...)
It doesn't wait for you to open a chest. It's just released on the 2nd day.

Do you feel the day the building is released affects the 'dropped' Essence count?
Naturally. If people had the building a day earlier they would get a day's worth of hourly +1 essences.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Hello@AstralSoul !I hear you.

For the pickups of that day, it is not a big deal really, just odd to see the building working with the event worry. But I do not mind 10-12 essences less, I am not the type of making a big deal of stuff, less for something small.

It doesn't wait for you to open a chest. It's just released on the 2nd day.

Naturally. If people had the building a day earlier they would get a day's worth of hourly +1 essences.

Yep, that same. And good to know, I read it somewhere. Idk, if I needed I buy it as soon as it shows, never observed exactly when :)

Gargon667

Mentor
I have been wondering the same, it really sounds like a lost sales opportunity for Inno, it´s kind of like a second hand item rather than a premium! Now I am the wrong one to comment, I have never bought one and probably never will, since I always get the evolves to 10 without it and it is not good for anything else. And I never bought premium culture either because they get old. There are better ways to spend money I find.

If it was a building that can be upgraded from chapter to chapter with RR and at the same time better (in whatever it does: pop/mana/seeds/whatever) than event buildings I could be interested to buy it (not for the +1 event currency though), but I think now I am starting to talk about something entirely different than the proposition, so I better get outta here...