• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Event from low level player perspective

• Thread starter DeletedUser4947
  • Start date

DeletedUser4947

So I am working on this hazelnut stuff.

But on one server, all my neighbors are pretty much gone (I have a total of 3 neighbors), and there are no trades. The fellowship I'm in has 3 members -- including me.
"Accept 5 trades" is impossible for me to complete, because...there aren't any.
So I haven't been able to progress for the past oh...3 days? 4 days now? I had enough for a few rolls on the buildings, but didn't get a single one. Right now, I'm simply stuck. It takes me 2 days of dailies to get enough for one 50 hazelnut roll, because I cannot continue past the "Accept 5 trades".

I'm pretty much at the point where I am going to ditch that server city, because frankly... it's not worth it. I'm in Chapter II. Goods are painfully slow, especially since there isn't anyone to team up with to trade, and trades -- when I do see some -- are usually in the 100's, and/or for things I don't have (Silk/Crystal etc)

So from a low level player perspective -- I am not surprised people abandon cities a lot and/or ditch the game.
As a low level player, it is pretty darn frustrating.

What's more, I pretty much ditched the EN server early on, to go to the US servers, because I do not get any email confirmations (or any email whatsoever, like change password), so I can't validate my email (which worked FINE on the US server, and got an verification email!) and can't even join the Forum with an EN registered account, because it didn't validate. I've tried three different email accounts and NONE of them received the email confirmation email. All on the EN server. So I ditched the game on those servers and play on US.

(Oh and I will never never start another Elven city, because the armies get annihilated by the opposition in a big way. At least the humans stand a chance with the Paladins.)

All in all... It's pretty messed up and discouraging.
Don't get me wrong, I don't want easy peasy lemon squeezy. But when the game mechanic / population ends up blocking you in an event that ought to be at least partially achievable, that has nothing to do with "Easy", and everything to do with bad design of a quest.

Anyway, that's my take on it at the moment.

TJ

DeletedUser3097

"Accept 5 trades" is impossible for me to complete, because...there aren't any.
Have you joined a fellowship so you can get trades from fellowship members?
Which world do you play on?

Contact Support regarding your email problems and they will do their best to sort them out.

Hope you find solutions to these issues soon. :)

forictori

Adventurer
Make sure "Allow automatic movement to better position" in the Options is checked so you can move to a more populated area, I doubt it will help though. That option should be performed by us and our choice not automatically. And you definitely need new Fellowship mate, good luck don't give up.

DeletedUser4947

Wholesaler didn't work for me, other than costing me a LOT of resources I couldn't afford. I'm still at 0/5.
Automatic movement is ticked. I've gained 2 neighbors since yesterday, but last night I had a total of 2 neighbors.
It's all very well saying "you need a new fellowship" but there's nothing near me and when I asked to join a few, I had no replies. Which leads me to believe they are dead anyway.

DeletedUser4852

I can totally relate to this. I got stuck on that quest for daaaays. I basically bankrupted myself trying to get past it - I would buy goods wholesale just so I could get enough stock to accept other people's trades which were all super unfairly priced (I waited for days to see if anyone would post anything even vaguely fair but it never happened). Also, as a relative noob, I simply didn't have enough 'discovered' neighbours to avoid heavy trader fees. I'm past it now (thank heaven), but some of the other quests also take super long if you're not a very advanced player. Hang in there though, it does get better.

Pauly7

Magus
It's all very well saying "you need a new fellowship" but there's nothing near me and when I asked to join a few, I had no replies. Which leads me to believe they are dead anyway.
When looking for a new fellowship there is no need to pick players that are near you. The best bet is to check the leaderboard for your world and pick on some players of a similar rank. Have a look at their fellowships and if you like the look then apply to join. Also, don't expect every one to accept you or even reply.... Apply to lots, if necessary, and see who responds. Send a message saying that you are a regular player who will take part in fellowship activities, give neighbourly help and look to grow your city quickly.

The other thing that you can do is post a message on this forum for your world under the section marked "players looking for fellowships" or some such.

DeletedUser4947

P.S. I'm not going to bother with the email on the EN servers. I ditched EN.
Server is Winyandor on US (for some reason it threw me into the EN forum, didn't realize...gah...)
But Win...thingy, and Ceravyn (?) are pretty much dead, or no one responds.
Yes, I'm still stuck on "Accept 5 trades". I either have nothing listed at all in trade (as in ZERO trades), or it's silk / crystal etc, or it's like 100 of this for 300 that.
I'm lucky if I can scrape 50 anything together, what with activation fees for completed researches.
Since I've been stuck on the trades FOREVER (At least 4 days now) whatever "Autocomplete" there is, is either not working, or taking a week before it completes.

DeletedUser4947

Well I am still stuck on accept 5 trades, so the progressive one is pretty much done for me on that server.

DeletedUser4947

None of the fellowships I've applied to responded except one that has 2 people aside from me in it. And they are never online.
map.jpg

That is what my map has looked like for the past...week? Thereabouts.
trade.jpg

That's what I see in trade.

As you can imagine, it is nearly impossible to do anything like that, and I've pretty much washed my hands off the event, and possibly the entire game. It's that frustrating.
And just for the heck of it, this is what the trade on the other server I'm on looks like:
trade2.jpg

For a low level (On this server I've just made it into chapter II) player it's hard to keep at it when there are such roadblocks the entire time.

At the beginning, I was playing a hell of a lot, having fun... until just before Chapter II. That's when fun turned into frustration.

Pauly7

Magus
That does sound really bad. When I first started on this game I was in a bad area too... it wasn't as bad as yours, but it was a constant struggle to make any trades and 75% of the cities around me were just unoccupied goldmines and most of the others had been abandoned.

The only thing I can say to give you hope is that a few weeks afterwards they suddenly moved me, without warning, to the spot I'm in now where there are constantly 20 pages worth of trades on the go and only maybe a quarter of the cities are abandoned. It almost felt like the a "cheat" had suddenly got turned on because everything got that much easier.

Keep applying to fellowships and put a message in the forum that you're looking for one... they usually get lots of responses.