• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Event Evolements

Master Arthur

Alchemist
Is there anyway, perhaps in crafting, that surplus evolements from one event can be changed for another to enable up-grading of that event??

m4rt1n

Adept
Not currently, it was available for a short while with phoenix artifacts during the Phoenix event so may be seen again at some point in the future.

Master Arthur

Alchemist
As expected but still dis-appointing answer. With the expertise available to Inno, I would think it was very easy to invent some method where a member could input the name of an excess involvement, requesting a change to whatever is required. In crafting it could involve some cost. Too many players have half built events that cannot be finished and at the time were unable to complete to level 10 for various reasons - more so if you are a smallish player. Upgrading, if and when possible, will only keep the level as it was.

Pauly7

Magus
With the expertise available to Inno, I would think it was very easy to invent some method where a member could input the name of an excess involvement, requesting a change to whatever is required. In crafting it could involve some cost. Too many players have half built events that cannot be finished and at the time were unable to complete to level 10 for various reasons - more so if you are a smallish player. Upgrading, if and when possible, will only keep the level as it was.
I don't think it's about difficulty. I don't think they want to offer a supply of extra artefacts. The problem here is that all those base units remain in the crafting circulation which serves just to annoy the people who can't upgrade them and annoy the people that don't want them by taking up a crafting slot.

It would be nice, though, if we had some option to veto certain things from appear in our crafting selections.

Master Arthur

Alchemist
I agree. Crafting is an important aspect of the game and it is annoying when the selection is filled with unwanted rubbish. Surely base units should ONLY BE AVAILABLE at the time of the event.

Timneh

Artisan
Base units for evolving buildings do not appear in crafting if you already have it in your inventory. It might be worth crafting them so they no longer appear in crafting and you will then get better things (hopefully).

Master Arthur

Alchemist
I take your point but crafting costs something, so the idea just to craft them to stop them appearing in the list, seems a bit pointless.

Timneh

Artisan
I take your point but crafting costs something, so the idea just to craft them to stop them appearing in the list, seems a bit pointless.

Maybe but the way i look at it is that we will probably get more evolving buildings in future events and if the base units are deleted from inventory it means that more and more recipies are going to appear in crafting meaning less chances for things that are useful. The base units of buildings that i will never build are still in my inventory and will stay there just so they do not appear in crafting.

Pauly7

Magus
I agree. If it's possible to stop anything appearing in the rotation then it's better to do it in the long run. This goes for all the evolving base units and all the chess set pieces. I noticed with a new city that I've started that on average one of these things appears in the selection almost every time. It makes a big difference getting rid of them. As @m4rt1n says it's not all to waste as you get some good vision vapour from crafting them all.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
There should be a warning if someone is about to place an evolving building without having a reasonable amount of artifacts for it:
"Do you really want to place this huge useless building? Its going to make your progress through the game much harder."
I'm kidding - but new players may actually fall this trap. Inno even added more of these recipes recently - for whom and why?

Master Arthur

Alchemist
Thanks to all who have posted replies into this thread. Very informative. I was until now playing on the assumption that all players received the same crafting listed. If by crafting some means that they no longer appear in you list then this is not the case. I will also use this policy hoping that it will mean that the more useful options eg Troop Enhancements, will appear more often in my list. I see Inno has named me as a Dreamer. I hope that this thread, in time, my lead to the ability for us to craft evolvements by their appearance within the options. Dream On Arthur.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
I'm kidding - but new players may actually fall this trap. Inno even added more of these recipes recently - for whom and why?

I did, crafted a fire phoenix, and used my one level-up artifact that I happen to get from FA (I started to play right in that FAs) when I barely knew how to play the game. I placed it, and level it up once. It felt so bad to me, that even as a noob, I sold it for nothing of course. I am glad my duck is level 10 thanks to the ColdFire event, and not level 9, if not, I would be still banging my head in the wall for my noob action in my early gameplay.

Now I am hoarding all artifacts, remaining ones, etc... just in case (plus, with almost 500K spell fragments, -spire. and spire sets- it won't help much to disenchant.)

Master Arthur

Alchemist
In conclusion; The answers/concerns expressed/dreams leave me with the hope that our developer(s) will find a way (soon) of including "Event Evolvements" into the crafting listings. Suggest a random selection of say the last 10/12 events. As now, if not wanted they can be crafted and just left in store, so that they do not appear in ones listing again. The aim, at least in my view, would allow all players who wish to, upgrade the bases to level 10 and then use them when it suits their current game position/aims but by teleporting back into store when space is needed or the outcomes are not required. Over to you Mr Developer. Stay Safe - Thanks to all that have made a very useful contribution to this discussion.

Timneh

Artisan
We have been told more than once that evolvements/artifacts are intended to be rare so i doubt they will ever be made craftable and evolving buildings can not be teleported. I think someone said it would be too difficult to make them teleportable but i can't remember why.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
The problem with the teleportation of evolving buildings is that all of the artifacts/evolves are stripped away so in effect only a base would be able to be stored and then placed again. So as the artifacts are the keys to them being special buildings it was decided not to let this happen.