• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Event Buildings

Solanix

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
Did you know that you can Evolve and upgrade Special Event Buildings, but you cannot teleport them back into your inventory?

Every player event gives you several 'special' event buildings and one Grand Prize Building. In the Elvenar Carnival event, you will receive an 'Everblossom Sleigh' as the Grand Prize. In the beginning, this building looks more like an avalanche with a few trees around it. Once you take it out of your inventory and put it into your city, you can work on its evolvement. Click on the building, and a window comes up with three tabs: Collect - Evolve - Upgrade.

The tab Collect shows you the goods you will receive from it every 24 hrs.

The tab Evolve shows you a picture of the current Stage 1 of your newly placed Everblossom Sleigh. The bottom half has a grey bar with Evolve written on it. On the right-hand side of the picture are an arrow pointing to the right and a small picture of a sleigh Artifact above the arrow. Once you receive a sleigh Artifact, the bar on the bottom turns green, and by clicking on it, you start evolving your building. A window comes up, and you are asked if you want to evolve this building because it will terminate, increasing the goods you can collect every 24 hours. So if you need or want those goods, you should wait till you have collected them. If you confirm that you want to Evolve the building, the picture moves to the left, and stage 2 is now in its place. You can see the new stats by hovering with your mouse cursor over it. You can scroll to the right-hand side to see the following stages of your building up to stage 10. Stage 10 is the final stage.

The tab Upgrade shows you the requirements for upgrading your building when you reach the next chapter in your research. You can upgrade your building no matter on which stage it is as long as you have enough Royal Restorations and have progressed to the next chapter of your research. Important to know is that these Special Event Buildings will not change size.

If you have Teleport Building spells in your enchantment inventory, you can click on them. As always, all buildings that can be teleported back into your inventory now show the small symbol of the spell. Your Special Event Buildings and Ancient Wonders do NOT show this symbol. That means you can move your Special Event Building around in your city, but you can only sell/delete/recycle it.

Gargon667

Mentor
Ahh. I didn't know about the non-teleport thing Solanix. It doesn't seem to be a big problem though.

It is the biggest problem there is for evolving buildings, if you ask me. Every single evolving out there is better than the standard buildings available, if you have a use for all (or at least a few) of its effects. The problem is if you don´t need all the effects it has, they become less efficient. If they were teleportable one could use the one(s) that fits a specific set of needs for a while, and swap evolving buildings around according to changing needs, like picking the right tool for the job from a toolshed and putting it back in the shed after the job is done.

Now we have 1-use-throw-away-tools, if you are lucky they are of use, if not you never place them, and as soon as something changes in your city they become a burden and you have to sell them off again. It is a rather pathetic grand prize if you get a few weeks of use (if lucky) or none (if unlucky).

Pauly7

Magus
Ahh. I didn't know about the non-teleport thing Solanix. It doesn't seem to be a big problem though.
It's a huge problem, as @Gargon667 says.

I think I'm past the point where I still believe they don't know how to let us teleport an evolving building. I think they just decided they want to make teleport spells less effective by flooding our cities with more buildings that they don't work on.

Far Reach

Conjurer

I concur with @Gargon667, @Pauly7 and others that there is a big problem here. Aside from the issues stated above, the lack of teleportation or a regular rebuilding option prevents us from placing an event building just to experiment with it. Selling off a low level Wonder is less of an issue (since they can always be rebuilt), but with an evolving building, removing it from our city is typically a permanent decision. Consequently I like to be certain that an Evolving building will be of significant sustained value in my city before placing it.

If teleportation is problematic to implement for evolving buildings, might another option be to allow them to be sold off - and for any such sale to return the base and artifacts to the player's inventory ? Even if only the base were returned, this facility would still allow some experimentation.

Gargon667

Mentor
return the base and artifacts to the player's inventory ?

that is exactly the way the teleport should work.

It is obviously a huge task to program a real teleport for evolving buildings (they have level and chapter, something no building in the inventory has), but to teleport the base and return the artifacts would be a very simple task, support does it all the time for people that accidentally sell their evolves...
So it is clear they dont WANT to let us teleport them, the reason can only be guessed at... I think it may be that they don´t want us to swap out different birds/bears for each other (which would be possible if they returned the artifacts), but I can´t see why that would be such a horrible thing... Let people switch their brown and polar bears! Or their Fire/Storm birds or whatever, yes it is an advantage, but it´s not like it´s a game changer. Makes the teleport spell more useful :)

Pauly7

Magus
It is obviously a huge task to program a real teleport for evolving buildings
I see no evidence for this
(they have level and chapter, something no building in the inventory has)
That's not right. The question is: Are there any buildings in inventory that don't have chapters or levels? Or are you saying that it's because some buildings have levels, some have chapters, but none have both? I still see no reason why that should be difficult.

As you say, it's because they don't want us to teleport them. Anything good that they have released into this game will ultimately be nerfed back down again. These days they try to do this in backhanded ways. In the case of the teleport spell, they want to reduce its usefulness so they bring out a type of building that it doesn't work on, then that type of building then becomes the regular staple event prize. It's the same with AWs. There is no reason to not be able to teleport them. All they'd have to do is say "warning: if you teleport this building you will lose any KP so far donated on the current level".

Gargon667

Mentor
That's not right. The question is: Are there any buildings in inventory that don't have chapters or levels? Or are you saying that it's because some buildings have levels, some have chapters, but none have both? I still see no reason why that should be difficult.

Exactly, nothing has both. It´s either or, but nothing has both. I of course don´t know for sure, but I assume it would need a restructure of the entire buildings database to have suddenly something with 2 variables. Not sure how bad it is, but I can see how it might be needing resource investment...

The alternative of teleporting the base and adding the artifacts, needs basically zero programming. The code already exists, they just need to integrate it into the game, I bet they could throw it on beta the same day they decide to do it.

SkyRider99

Mentor
To teleport, or not to teleport. That is the question. Better to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous decisions.

Pauly7

Magus
I assume it would need a restructure of the entire buildings database to have suddenly something with 2 variables. Not sure how bad it is, but I can see how it might be needing resource investment...
Essentially each evolving building is ten different buildings, so if you had a Fire Phoenix on level 10, the game would just need to know you have a "Fire Phoenix 10" building, then all it has to do is manage the chapters the same as with a regular event building.

Gargon667

Mentor
Essentially each evolving building is ten different buildings, so if you had a Fire Phoenix on level 10, the game would just need to know you have a "Fire Phoenix 10" building, then all it has to do is manage the chapters the same as with a regular event building.
True I think it could work :) A very clunky and roundabout way and blowing the database up with 10 times as many evolving buildings, but workable. Every building even has it´s own graphics already to display...

So now we already have to workable and easy ways of teleporting evolves lol, all we need is finding someone with a will to do it lol...

Pauly7

Magus
True I think it could work :) A very clunky and roundabout way and blowing the database up with 10 times as many evolving buildings, but workable. Every building even has it´s own graphics already to display...
I think they're all in the database anyway, as each evolving building is already 10 different things, because each level looks different.