• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Event Avatars - gender related

Avaline

Alchemist
Hello,
I have noticed for a long while that event avatars most of them are male or neutral but what about female avatars? I find it very discriminatory to keep receiving avatars that i cannot use even if I'm always in the Golden League.
My suggestion is for event prizes to let players choose the gender. Thanks for understanding!

QFol2

Conjurer
I'm not sure people pay much attention to appearance of the avatar - I have in the past had the most obviously feminine-looking avatars in the game, yet still get called dude (although possibly this is now gender neutral) and bro. Some are pretty ambiguous - some I thought were definitely female other members of my fellowship thought were definitely male, so clearly nothing definite about it ;)

Sir Derf

Adept
There's impression and reaction on others, and then there's personal preference on outward presentation. All valid factors.

schadenfreude

Enchanter
My avatar does not reflect my gender but best encapsulates my username.

Avaline

Alchemist
I'm not sure people pay much attention to appearance of the avatar - I have in the past had the most obviously feminine-looking avatars in the game, yet still get called dude (although possibly this is now gender neutral) and bro. Some are pretty ambiguous - some I thought were definitely female other members of my fellowship thought were definitely male, so clearly nothing definite about it ;)
Not all players but some do, otherwise they wouldnt offer avatars as prizes ;)

Avaline

Alchemist
There's impression and reaction on others, and then there's personal preference on outward presentation. All valid factors.
My point exactly, if im doing the effort to get into the Golden League i want to benefit from the prize.

schadenfreude

Enchanter
Thats a valid option, just like mine to have a gender avatar.
You too have a valid point. If they're putting a premium on Gold League and putting avatars in there that you can't get elsewhere, then it is a premium prize. One of the previous Gold avatars was literally an old man. We have seen various animals come through as well, but true no women/female avatars.

QFol2

Conjurer
We have seen various animals come through as well, but true no women/female avatars.
If that's the case (I don't pay attention to them as I'm never in gold league) then yes, it's a bit rubbish really!

Last edited:

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
I'll feed it back Guys! I know a lot of our Event Avatars are significant to the Event and there has historically only been an opportunity to gain One Exclusive Profile... probably the reason why they have chosen to have Animals recently to appeal to all. But as always, you know me, I shall pass it across :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Sir Derf

Adept
Just looked through my available avatars, and it's possible we might be undercounting possible female representations. There's at least one bearded Dwarf in there, and if Elvenar Dwarves are similar to Tolkien one's, well, female Dwarves might also have beards...

Avaline

Alchemist
I should perhaps add that in last years Elvarian Games event, we released our female avatar, this year we have added the male avatar to balance this up.
Just in case this had been missed :)
I know and i have that one, i also have the black lady, the 2 cats, 2 birds and so on but i would like to be able to choose the avatar that i like not to get a random one that i dont like and will never use because it doesnt reflect my character.

Avaline

Alchemist
Which is why we have choices at every chapter and release more in some of our events, to allow for increasing choice as you progress :)
I know, but its a prize that we are talking about here and i would like to use it if i have made the effort to finish into golden league.

Avaline

Alchemist
The Elvenar persona does not necessarily need to reflect a player's real life character. I prefer it that way actually. :)

A player's forum avatar does give that ability though.
Yes it doesnt necessarily need to reflect the real life character but its a matter of personal preference.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I think that if the game was to fully satisfy everyone's personal preferences it would have to have a different avatar for every player as everyone's personality is unique. The only way out of this one is to let us upload our own avatars.