• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Endless events

Errandil

Conjurer
Is there any chance that we will get some official statement what has happened to this idea?
When I started this game I was under the impression that we can build our cities the way we want, so I went with zero workshops, relying solely on supply instants. Then came the bear event, so I quickly ended up with 16 workshops (and 8 t1) levelled just enough to pass the requirements for the event. Fine, I don't mind to completely change the city balance to perform well in the events. But soon we will be having the second event in a row without the endless part, where the level requirements are concealed in the quest "produce X amount". So getting an idea if I need to just upgrade several workshops to the max level, or I need to upgrade several workshops to the max level from scratch and keep a separate set of 16 under-levelled workshops for the endless events in the future would be nice.

DeletedUser3571

I doubt they will give a statement, they never have in the past on topics such as this.
My opinion is they will want to keep the possibility of endless quest in their pocket in case this series of limited quest events does not meet the requirements they have for events. (nothing has been said about why they have returned to limited quest as far as i can tell, just speculation by players)

Deleted User - 1759805

(nothing has been said about why they have returned to limited quest as far as i can tell, just speculation by players)
Not quite true:
We are making this change because of both feedback that we've received from the community during past events, as well as data that we have for these.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Your regular WS, AW, and spells will cover it. Save the small ones for when they request bread, groceries, etc. I prepared my empty guest race area for that.

10 toolboxes
20 grocery bags
20 advanced tools
10 bread
10 simple tools
3 t1 2day
3 t2 1day
20 t1 9 hours.
10 t1 3h.*

* When I finish building a workshop for the silly treant that does not see my magic workshops woodelves level. It asks me for a regular level 22, I will add there 10 t1 of 3h when I finish level 22 one and port it back to the book. That way, those quests will be covered for this event. Playing smartly the tournament, provinces, and province completion. Save AW spells, stock up on MA stuff, and it will be a breeze.

As I pick up, I will re-queue, and maybe in three-four days I will get it done (took 3 for the last one), I even have the room ready for the fire phoenix with a Ferris wheel about to expire, and a burning man, which both can go (there is a carting library too, but easy to fit elsewhere.) Finally we all will get a decent (maybe not level 10 as these are limited quests), but it will be solid :D

Last edited:

DeletedUser3571

Yes but that only works if you have an empty guest race

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Yup, and pre-planning helps to have empty guest race hehe (okay, woodelves help too hahaha, no need for portal for a while.)

Gargon667

Mentor
Is there any chance that we will get some official statement what has happened to this idea?
When I started this game I was under the impression that we can build our cities the way we want, so I went with zero workshops, relying solely on supply instants. Then came the bear event, so I quickly ended up with 16 workshops (and 8 t1) levelled just enough to pass the requirements for the event. Fine, I don't mind to completely change the city balance to perform well in the events. But soon we will be having the second event in a row without the endless part, where the level requirements are concealed in the quest "produce X amount". So getting an idea if I need to just upgrade several workshops to the max level, or I need to upgrade several workshops to the max level from scratch and keep a separate set of 16 under-levelled workshops for the endless events in the future would be nice.

Depends on what chapter you are. If you are single digit, I would simply sell them. You can rebuild them easily enough if you need to, but it doesn´t look like you will any time soon. If you are higher chapter teleport maybe 10 of them and sell the rest. If you keep playing the spire and at least finish 2 levels you will get the occasional magic WS anyway.
Unfortunately they seem to have given up on endless questlines. Even if they bring those back, I doubt they will use that clunky thing with Upgraded WS -3 levels model. It was really silly. Simply make quests for an amount of supplies that needs to be produced (and cannot be gained by instants), it has the same effect and is much more simple and elegant. They have used this model lately with the limited questlines, I see no reason why they would go back to the silly old idea, but then again we are talking about Inno, I never thought they would go back to silly limited questlines either...

DeletedUser4003

Beginner tip: build WS and use teleportation spell to put it in inventory, then rescurret them only for events .... play as you want inbetween :)

WinterLivia7

Spellcaster
Beginner tip: build WS and use teleportation spell to put it in inventory, then rescurret them only for events .... play as you want inbetween :)
Is not quite so easy ;) For Teleport Spells you must play the Spire. No matter what option you use (convincing or kicking their arses) you need tools - LOTS of them > for convincing - to produce goods and even more to give to the spirits, for fight > you have to train lots and lots of troops.
The game is already one path/ one option to play with just some small variations, but basically, because of the mechanics of the game, we are forced to play pretty much the same way.