• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered End of the game for poor gamers ?

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
One of my fellows reached the 457th province and isn't able to gain any more expansion. Support answered her "congrats, you got all the expansions you were able to"... so, with only 2 expansions by chapter (from halflings), how will we go further ? Do you plan to offer 4 expansions (or more) in the Elementals research tree ? Or is Halflings the last chapter accessible to poor people ?

Last edited:

Lelanya

Mentor
We have been told they are working on a new Chapter possibly called Elementals. However it is not a high priority due to the low percentage of players that are waiting on this chapter.
As for the space issue - Elvenar is already so large and slow loading that no more space can be added at this time. Another row was added in with Halfling and it causes the game to jump and freeze if more than one tab is opened in all but one browser format :(

Deleted User - 106219

Most players are nowhere near 400+ completed provinces and we still manage without all those extra expansions. Makes me wonder what people do with all the extra space.

As for the slow loading, that is a known problem. It seems to me like that's just poor coding/optimization. Unfortunately, the "solution" chosen by the devs is to limit the number of expansions available by giving just 2 tech expansions in new chapters. :(

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I agree, averagely... I'm in the 5% who finished the Halflings, I always need more room or I can't play anymore (417 provinces completed atm and i need to eat a part of my settlement area for my current buildings adding) and my computer can hold more of this memory eater game... ;) That's 3 weeks that 3 of my fellows and I have finished the last chapter and collecting goods and polishing neighbours is just like doing nothing and not really entertaining :(

But okay, as Shadowblack said, me must comply with the devs choices to "hide" the game coding lacks... And we also must take in count all those with "medium" machines...

DeletedUser417

This is crazy. I've reached the 457th completed province as well. I got 7 expansions left to go in my city to use all available land. This just isn't right. I'm not gonna waste my money on expansions, it's just too expensive. Why are we limited in completing provinces? No new chapter (yet), no new expansions, I think I need to quit playing then?

2017-11-05 00.44003097.jpg
2017-11-05 00.45003098.jpg

Deleted User - 106219

According to what Timon said in a Q&A session, they want to make sure that if you buy an expansion you will be able to place it. So the last few parcels fo land are reserved for the premium expansions.

DeletedUser417

According to what Timon said in a Q&A session, they want to make sure that if you buy an expansion you will be able to place it. So the last few parcels fo land are reserved for the premium expansions.

Just make more land available then ;)

cwgiii

Shaman
From previous interviews, I believe the issue with more expansions is that it impacts performance of the system. Big cities take longer to load, and they have reached the acceptable threshold of how much they are willing to accept that degradation.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
That's the most devious way not to say "now, buy them !"... :rolleyes:
...because each new guest race brings its own new row of expansion room and we are only able to fill 4-5 with the research and provinces ones... and if the premium players don't have new room for new expansions, i'm pretty sure that inno will find them some new... take us for idiots Inno... :p
From previous interviews, I believe the issue with more expansions is that it impacts performance of the system. Big cities take longer to load, and they have reached the acceptable threshold of how much they are willing to accept that degradation.
If they weren't loading all building images in memory but were relying on the browser cache to hold them for further use, this game wouldn't grow fatty as it is doing... just another bandage on a wooden leg... :(
It's a lack of logic to store all "neighbourhood" images in memory when they are just used once a day at max and for 15min only !

Last edited: