• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

End of repeatable quests...

Do you agree to limit the declineable quests as shown in the Beta server?

• Yes

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • No

Votes: 46 82.1%

• Total voters

s5carrot

Sorcerer
They also placed in new quests: collect 8,000 granite. What a waste of time to have another 1-day and above quest.

Last edited:

Thuriquesse

I think the main reason people do the rep. quests is because there's nothing else to do, and unless you just want to log into a game for 10 min twice a day and progress incredibly slowly, having things to do is quite crucial. OTOH, there are so many stupid and repetitive ones that you have to constantly click through, that it ends up becoming quite tedious. Either they should instate the rep. quests as an actual thing to do with a decent system to access them (tab and select as opposed to click through) and only 1 of each type (specifying fight and win encounters is redundant when there are other quests that do not specify the method). In that case, people wouldn't be able to consider them an "exploit", though it's clearly just clumsy game design if people are actually expected not to decline the stupid ones. Why make them declinable at all then?

On a sidenote, before I realised one could decline them without terrible things happening to my game :D I actually completed them all, including those dreadful pointless long production cycles and it was very frustrating. You basically have to build a low level manufactory that takes up as little space as possible just to do them without hindering your general production. So really, what would be the point in forcing you to regularly repeat a quest that slows you down on an already slow game? Not to mention attempting to actually always complete those encounter based ones as it takes a long time to get the armies or resources needed.
Well said. It seems the DEVS want to deliberately slow us down. It is trying to run in waist deep mud....:)

Many players have given the DEVS many excellent ideas and yet not many have been accepted. Instead the DEVS choose failed updates that takes things away from us or produce more bugs that were supposed to be fixed in previous updates. IF the DEVS had not ruined the Coin and Supply production in a long ago update we would not need repeatable quests. It is through their meddling and interferring that made this clusterf.... possible. Back when we had 200% culture. Now look at the Culture mess....If a player wants EXCELLENT culture they have to stuff their city with Culture buildings to the point of stupidity...Oh wait you can buy diamonds and....................................lmao

s5carrot

Sorcerer
The repeatable quests issues needs to be addressed. Lots of discussion here with no input or feedback from the programmers.

I believe the best idea I have seen was to organize all the quests and sort them according to by type and enable them to be done concurrently. Still find the RQ of producing 1-day or more worth of goods are not suitable except for a specific group which does not cater to the general population.

In any case, having removing or further reduction of the rewards in the RQ would most likely NOT generate further interest except more resentment by the players.

It would be a good thing the game programmers include the addressed bugs, issues together with the announcement for updates.

Amy Steele

Ex-Team Member
Thanks for your feedback folks! This has been passed on and will continue to be passed on. Obviously, finding a solution which is feasible, that doesn't bring further large changes to the game, and that everyone agrees is good is going to be next to impossible - as the saying goes "You can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time". However, we should not let this stop us from seeking a solution that the majority are agreed is good for the game.

Please rest assured that your voices are being listened to, and your concerns passed on. Please also be aware though that these things take time - magical world though Elvenar may be, even here there are no "quick fixes" or switches that can be thrown to make everything good, much though we may all wish that could be so :)

In the end, we all want the same thing - for Elvenar to be the best and most enjoyable game it possibly can be - and to that end the team will keep working, keep listening to your concerns, and acting on those concerns wherever possible, so please do keep the feedback coming, it is truly appreciated.

Krysis60

I'm really glad RQ's are being looked into. I find in mind numbing to have to cycle trough 20 quests just to get to the One or two that are worth completing. I personally would like to see an option to auto-skip the quests you don't want via a tick box system.
Declining quests for hours on end is just not fun.

Heisenberg

Alchemist
Definitely agree Thuriquesse with your last 2 posts.

No disrespect Amy, but the devs are not listening as the Elvenar team keeps repeating on the forums.
The problem is that the game is unbalanced when it comes to workshops, pop residences provide and culture required, etc, etc, etc. This has all been said on the beta forum. There has been excessive input in that forum and this forum and the devs are just not listening. Each update gets worse and worse taking the fun out of the game. Is beta not the test forum? But I guess that doesn't matter, they just keep implementing into the US and EN servers.

Also instead of ensuring one world is full of active players they start second one, which makes no sense. And yet again they have a contest for another world name making it 3 worlds. Out of the over 120 neighbors I've discovered, on a good day maybe 4 of them return visits. All others are stagnant, requiring me to rely on some RQ's. How do I know this, because I visit almost everyday to keep coin supplies up.

Yes we all agree it RQ's need work, but the issue is they are going in the wrong direction. Instead of eliminating the stupid quests that nobody does, they make them even sillier.
For example coin quests now need advanced tools (which is a 3 hour production). I for one work and us working people are the ones spending money on this game and keeping it alive.
Because the game is so unbalanced, some quests are required to keep things up and running especially when you are in the top 10 with over 80k in points.
So what do I tell my boss? Sorry I have to put work on hold to play a game and cash in. Not very likely. I chose this game because I could play at my own speed and leisure. Now reading the beta forum responses they want us to play more. We are not all sitting in our parents basement playing games with no real life to contend with, enabling us to play games all day.
My only option is keep doing my 9 hour productions, because they nerfed the RQ's yet again and not do any quests at all I guess.

All they need to do is balance the game so we don't have to rely on RQ's and I'm sure we will be happy. It's really quite simple.

s5carrot

Sorcerer
Kudos to the players who are other servers especially the beta server.

I believe the basis of the repeatable quests have to be considered carefully before any more updates:

1. What is the recommended No of playing hours for this game per day?
Suggestion: Perhaps a bonus for login in every 12 hours or once a day would help to reduce the impact on the reliance on RQ rewards? And at the same time encourage players to have a balanced work-games-life.

2. No of quests that can be completed in a day? Multiple 1-day quests are not suitable except to the once every 2 day login player.
Suggestion: Major reworks on the RQ. Make it reasonable to complete within a reasonable time daily.

An example would be to divide the quests in military, internal and supplies gathering. Already the rewards are cut down pretty low and reduced to only coins and supplies. This was pitched in the ideas and suggestion.

I fully agree with the comments on the culture, population balance etc. Any reconsideration would be good.

And as I have mentioned before in my previous posts, the updates need to be clear. Minor tweets here and there in-between updates makes things difficult for the programmers and players. It would be safer to go with an update once in a while with the changes listed clearly for everyone. I bet the programmers would feel more appreciated and less stressed at work. Not to mentioned players would actually know what is going on instead of negativity all round.

While there are no quick fixes, it would be rather silly to introduce stuff into the server without considerations.

Out of curiosity,
1. why are the supplies limited to 3, 6, 9, 24, 48 hour limit? Similarly for the coins, why the time limit that you must collect within x hours in day? Can these two basic items be made collectible on a 24-hr clock basis? Impact would not be too big expect to the players who want to play as fast as possible. Is not the game meant to be a long term fun for players?

2. Why cant the negotiations for battle encounters be made available throughout the battle? As the units dwindle down and chances of losing comes to the AI, so should the amount be paid for negotiations.

Last edited:

s5carrot

Sorcerer
PS:

I really think the weird +10% base damage for a group of units in combat makes no sense. If you are in a group of 10 persons each carrying max 10kg load making a total of 100kg load goes for a walk for 1-day. In the duration of this 1 day, 2 person felt ill and left the group. Does that mean the load carried by 10kg increase +10%? The basis to say it is to allow small groups to overcome larger groups itself is awkward.

kerykeion

Spellcaster
With the huge nerfs to repeatable quests, it's time workshops got a MASSIVE buff. They need to give double the supplies they currently do.

Lisica

There has now been a week's worth of comments on the beta forum about this update which seem to have fallen on deaf ears as the rest of the servers will get the update, is there any point bothering to say anything? The point of a beta game is that it is testing the game, to put exactly the same update out to the rest of the servers regardless of the beta community speaking out is sending a poor message to all the game community.

I want to progress in the game, not delete buildings because there has been yet another ill thought out update to patch a hole without seeing if a leak will spring out somewhere else.

If Inno really want Elvenar to succeed then they need to be encouraging people to log in more often, not to restrict them, so many people have quit already... perhaps this is their way of closing the game without admitting that they got it wrong!

Slotharingia

Scholar
Yes we all agree it RQ's need work, but the issue is they are going in the wrong direction. Instead of eliminating the stupid quests that nobody does, they make them even sillier.
For example coin quests now need advanced tools (which is a 3 hour production). I for one work and us working people are the ones spending money on this game and keeping it alive.
I cannot even see the point in forcing a supplies production cycle on people to do coin quests. It would make most sense to design the game around various play styles, but that just seems to be putting anyone except people who log in every 3 hrs at a disadvantage.

I personally think the RQ should be left as is unless or until they can be replaced with something that actually makes sense. Or what about simply getting rid of all the stupid ones?

s5carrot

Sorcerer
Slotharingia is right.

Let me elaborate a little.

It is important to sort out the quests properly.

Quite a number of the quests makes no sense unless you are sticking your face to the screen 24/7. Just to share a few RQ I find to be awkward.

1. Train 500 units.
How much time is needed? 6hrs if all are sword dancers or babarians?
2. Complete a province,
3. Solve 4 encounters,
3. gather 4 relics, fight
4. win 3 battle encounters.

For 2 -4, can you do negotiate 10 times daily endlessly without abusing the RQ? Just fighting alone needs time to raise an army. 500 sword dancers, archers are definitely unlikely to win battles without heavy losses per battle. Such quests are unlikely to done endlessly without heavily exploiting the current and previous RQ.

5. Build a building/ manufactory/ residence level 11 and above.
There is only so much land space, you can only built so many in a day. It may not be suitable to keep recycling this quest except for those who have just unlocked a research tech. And even this has its limits. You have only 2 builders, up to 5 for diamond users. You cant claim the quests at the same time. Leaving time in between the collection would mean needing to login at the right moment and cycle through the quests

6. Collect 16000 Supplies and 1-day production.
This quest is only absurd from the start to the increase demand. You cant even produce enough supplies to sustain yourself.

Serious consideration taking in account of recommended login duration, time and effort required to complete the quests is required to make the RQ acceptable and finding it a spot players would find a compliment to the game rather than an eyesore.

Da Twista

Conjurer
I'm not really interested in getting too involved in this argument. A lot of you have brought up some very good points in this thread recently - I was quite impressed reading through some of the posts.

But I thought to add my opinion here quick. I'm not fond of this change either since I have adapted my play-style similar to most people posting here. But has anyone considered that these balancing changes are needed before the introductions of new features? I obviously don't know what all the new features will bring but my guess is that some may provide more supplies to accommodate the loss we will experience with this update.

Personally I would have preferred changes to the neighborhood system first, since that is another source of supplies but with the lack of help from neighbors, we are losing out.

But yeah, I do have a suspicion these changes are for balancing newer features once they are released, and the reason why developers have been so quiet about this is because they don't want to provide too many spoilers for upcoming features. Or I am wrong... either way...

s5carrot

Sorcerer
It could also continue to be a downward spiral just to make the excuse for the new guest tribe, related AW etc.

Inno is a company and it needs to make money. As to how frequent and fast their considerations of anything brought is anybody's guess.

I may sound very critical but I think it is just as important to try and cover cover both the programmer and gamer side of the game. There is of course a certain amount of disappointment due to the half baked updates

Sudoku

Alchemist
There has now been a week's worth of comments on the beta forum about this update which seem to have fallen on deaf ears [...]
perhaps this is their way of closing the game without admitting that they got it wrong!
This is my thought exactly... Why else would they keep on doing opposite of what 99% of players want?

Dreamer

Alchemist
I've had a chance to work with the new quests now after a 3 hour cycle and a 9 hour cycle and I just have to wonder if you are deliberately trying to make me lose interest in this game. When I started on the dwarf tech it was all new and different but once I reached the research that demanded granite I realised how much that slowed me down, there was no point buying kps any more because the granite takes so long to produce. Now these new quests have pretty much left me with nothing to do. I couldn't collect coin after my 9 hour cycle because I need 2 advanced tools which are 3 hour cycle. I could only do one quest to collect goods because my other two boosts fall below what is asked by a few hundred so I'd have to find trades to complete them. No goods quests to do after 3 hour cycles either. No more completing quests from trading. I am very much losing interest.

Dreamer

Alchemist
Slotharingia is right.

Quite a number of the quests makes no sense unless you are sticking your face to the screen 24/7. Just to share a few RQ I find to be awkward.

1. Train 500 units.
How much time is needed? 6hrs if all are sword dancers or babarians?
2. Complete a province,
3. Solve 4 encounters,
3. gather 4 relics, fight
4. win 3 battle encounters.
5. Build a building/ manufactory/ residence level 11 and above.
6. Collect 16000 Supplies and 1-day production.
This quest is only absurd from the start to the increase demand. You cant even produce enough supplies to sustain yourself.

I will disagree and here's why. If I am not upgrading during the night I leave the train 500 units quest up. I use the complete a province when I only have one encounter to do in a province. I use the solve 4 encounters all the time because I can either fight or negotiate to complete them, same with gather 4 relics. Fight and win 3 battles - I use this less but I do use it just after building up my troops. I use the build /upgrade to L11 or higher because I'm still upgrading to levels 17 and 19. I haven't used the collect 16k supplies with the one day production - but now there are no goods quests and it is worth 150k I might have to start.

Slotharingia

Scholar
I will disagree and here's why. If I am not upgrading during the night I leave the train 500 units quest up. I use the complete a province when I only have one encounter to do in a province. I use the solve 4 encounters all the time because I can either fight or negotiate to complete them, same with gather 4 relics. Fight and win 3 battles - I use this less but I do use it just after building up my troops. I use the build /upgrade to L11 or higher because I'm still upgrading to levels 17 and 19. I haven't used the collect 16k supplies with the one day production - but now there are no goods quests and it is worth 150k I might have to start.
I think the point Carrot was making, is that some of the quests are awkward and we would all be better off it they were sorted in an easy access extra tab, as opposed to having to click through them. That applies to ones people can max be doing every 1-2 days, such as long productions or training a lot of units. Also "Solve x encounters" suffices in a cycle through system as it's the same thing. Why have "Solve encounters", "gain relics" AND "fight and win encounters"? Of course, after this update that's scrapped most of them, there is a lot less clicking as there are hardly any left worth bothering with.

For instance, there could be a quest tab at the bottom of the screen, where you enter the tech tree and world map. On accessing it, it would display unique and declinable / repeatable quests and call the latter"Daily Quests" or some such thing. That would both solve the issue of people "abusing" them, as the system would be in control of how often you get the option to complete them. It would also be much less exasperating as well as much easier to plan, as you won't have to memorize which ones are there and decide to do only say the supplies one and maybe one or two of the others once or twice a day. In this case, having basically the same quest 4 times with different wording would also make sense as it would allow people to do said quests more than once a day without it being the exact same one, assuming the devs think we ought to be completing 12+ encounters/day.

s5carrot

Sorcerer
Sloth got my point.

These quests are hardly worth the effort having to decline them most of the time. How many times can you clear that Solve 4 encounters daily?

The truly abuse-able quests were the coins, supplies and goods quests. They proved mighty useful to gather the resources for the entire fellowship. :D

Thuriquesse

No disrespect meant AMY but the Developers are NOT listening to us players at all, in fact the entire opposite is happening.

1) Suggestions to Improve this game

Our suggestions have been totally ignored so many times it is stupid to even suggest they are being read by the Developers. The developers will do as they want even if it utterly ruins this game.

2) Ancient Wonders

Players asked the Developers to improve this game and use unused Relics. So what did the developers do? They make Ancient wonders that use the most valuable thing players have...BOOSTED GOODS....What kind of stupidity is this...?

3) Mail/chat dysfunction

Can't copy paste anything into the mail or chat. Players from many nations play this game and it is very difficult to communicate with everyone because of Language barriers. The conversation must be manually typed into a translation program...DUH....All of INNO other games allow copying and pasting WHY not this one? Stupid...Utterly stupid and it leads to a dysfunctional fellowships.

4) Trading

It has been suggested so many times that the trading system needs to be improved....Why can't a TIMES trade be implemented? If a player has to go through a click fest to multiple trade when a couple presses of a button will get the job done. Another suggestion ignored from Day one on Beta.

5) Beta

Why have a Beta version if all the Bugs are brought into all the international servers...Utterly defeats the point of having a beta version if the bugs are not solved in Beta. Version .30 is the most stupidest update yet. Map freezing, visit freezing and game crashes...

6) Visiting

One of the most important tasks in this game is Visiting both neighbors and fellowship players yet why is it so STUPID? Visiting is pointless now that the Develops have screwed it up to the point of stupidity....Game crashes so many times I have threatened to utterly destroy my computer. Very maddening...Does the developers want us to quit?

7) Quests

I totally am curious why repeatable quests were designed in the first place. I asked a MOD why and if they were illegal....He told me it was part of a enjoyable gaming experience.....lmao....Then some time later we are punished when they were removed..kind of contradicts the first statement. Back when we HAD 200% culture, repeatable quests were not in existence. But the so called BALANCING was done and that is when this game went sideways. Revenue dropped both in coins but more importantly supplies. I had to do 5 minute workshops until I got so sick and tired of it. I have tried to be more positive earlier in this game but now.....NOT

An Intelligent quest system should be designed, players should be listened to, because we know what we want in a well designed game. WE WANT TO HAVE FUN....Is our ELVENAR fun?....NO. Mods are told to tell us we are being listened to...Hogwash, sorry AMY...But the truth is out there...

8) F.O.E 2

This game is a failed version of F.O.E. but a much poorer design. It seems Inno is going out of it's way to make this game function differently from all it's other games....Read above and you will see that making a poorly designed game and not bringing in well designed parts of it's other games will lead to the downfall of this one.

9) Fighting...

Fighting on the map is stupid. I certainly hope having teams to help each other works. But with international players it will be very hard for them to communicate with each other because of language barriers and poor communication in this game.

10) In conclusion....

Listen to us, pay attention to our suggestions for a better gaming experience. Don't and you/we will see this game fail, just like Kartuga, Lagoonia and Rising Generals. I played all of them and the developers did it Their way and looked what happened. FAILURE.

All we want is to have fun, enjoy this game and have an excellent gaming experience. Not a dumbed down click fest game because their is nothing else to do.

PLEASE LISTEN Developers FOR REAL, not pretend then you do it your way anyway.:(