1. Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Dismiss Notice

End of repeatable quests...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Recksters, Sep 1, 2015.

?

Do you agree to limit the declineable quests as shown in the Beta server?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    17.9%
  2. No

46 vote(s)
    82.1%
  1. s5carrot

s5carrot Sorcerer

I presume the scouting costs are now near 1mil coins a province? So it is possible to negotiate the later explorations rather than fight them.

I still like things the hard way but I still negotiate if the losses seem to high a price to pay, especially when the terrain seems to favor the canoneers and necromancers from getting hit

2. NecroDee

NecroDee Bard

1 mil....I wish. 2.4 mil per province is my "cheapest" the more expensive ones I see (a little further out) are 2.8 mil per scout.

3. s5carrot

s5carrot Sorcerer

Back to the quests for coins. Rewards are getting lower.

4. Redme

Redme Guest

Some thoughts on repeatable quests;
    1. The way it is now is too frustrating to help the enjoyment of the game.
    2. The time wasted clicking to get to a doable quest could be better use helping other players.
    3. The number of quests possible per day is way too high and cause an unbalance between players.

My suggestion would be to create a window where we could see all the available quests for the day and where we could directly select the one to do next. To make sure that most of them are actually used, make them available 1 or 2 times per day each. This would reduce the useless clicking and waste of time, get closer to the primary intention of the creators of the quests and at the same time improve the balance between players.

Actually, the number of repetition per day for each quest doesn't have to be the same. The managers could adjust those numbers as required to adjust to the desired reason for the creation of those quests in the first place. The idea was to help players to better adjust their city to achieve a proper balance. I think they would have a better tool with this suggested idea.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2015
    Slotharingia and Heisenberg like this.
  5. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Alchemist

Good Suggestion. +1
    I was actually thinking on posting somewhat the same thing.
    Provide a drop down list you can click on. Not sure about limiting some quests to 1 or 2 times a day (such as coin quests), but a drop down to pick which one you want instead of wearing out your mouse and wasting time clicking would be very nice.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  6. s5carrot

s5carrot Sorcerer

+1. I like the concept. It would be even better if I can see more of the city instead of the 3 head portraits.

7. Slotharingia

Slotharingia Scholar

Agree with this, though I think the situation could be significantly remedied by getting rid of some quests, such as the ones demanding 1 day productions (they can pop up once per day for people who regularly do them, assuming such people exist :D ), or "fight and win 4 encounters" (x2) AND "Collect 4 relics" AND "Solve 4 encounters", considering the quests are repeatable, one of those options would suffice. I think a tab with quests would be nice, with three sections: Repeatable quests, Daily quests and Compulsory quests, with possibly more than one compulsory quest for people to do, thus solving the issue of people being stuck with quests forcing them to do things they don't want - but not affecting the fact that everyone has to complete the entire tech tree). All the 1 day production things could be sorted under daily, as well as things like visit (x) no of neighbours (up to max no discovered), etc.

8. CrazyWizard

CrazyWizard Soothsayer

I have posted an idea about this before somewhere on some server.

The easiest way is to.

a. make the quests quick fun and easy, no ridicule and hard quest but quests that most can finish in about 20 minutes (or instant with a time planning table)
    b. put a timer on the decline button, a 2-5 minute timer is more than enough, to repeat the same quest, it takes like 30 min to an hour, solving the problem most people have with them, while also solving the no decline options

9. s5carrot

s5carrot Sorcerer

Couldn't agree more on the ridiculous quests on 1 day productions. Especially now it is upgraded. You have to get 16000 supplies as well.

I gave my opinions on this before too. There is a limit to how many times you can actually fight, negotiate each day. These quests, are in a nutshell, senseless.

+1 on the idea to sort out the quests

Slotharingia likes this.
  10. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Alchemist

Agreed the 1 & 2 day quests are ridiculous.

Slotharingia likes this.
  11. s5carrot

s5carrot Sorcerer

I think the current situation is very much in need of getting the right set of quests for everyone to do repeatably. A fine balance between players, rewards, repetitiveness and possibility of actually doing the quest.

Right now on the discussion thread, it would seem more of a one-way discussion among players. We have no idea as to the direction the programmers are heading towards. But likely, they would have had made a plan months ahead and are executing it. Amount of add-ons from the players' feedback into their plan is unknown.

12. Duke Avatar

Duke Avatar Soothsayer

IMHO the devs DON'T want us to do more than say 5 - 10 quests per day... or even less

Version 0.30 was released on the beta world today. The following is an extract of part of the release notes...
    • All repeatable quests that required to gain goods have been changed to be sideline quests (declinable, but not repeatable)
    • All repeatable quests that ask to gain Coins now have a requirement to produce Supplies as well from Chapter III on

Who wants to bet that it won't be implemented here as is?

Like someone previously said... Make hay while the sun shines!

13. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Alchemist

Yeah I read that on the beta forum today for V 0.30.
    From what I read it's a pretty cheezy update.
    1 step forward 2 steps back.
    Most of us higher ranked players rely on the RQ's. I know a few players don't like em, so if you don't like em don't use them and quit complaining about it and saying it's an exploit. Needs improvement of course, but going in the wrong direction. I have spent a few dollars on this game, only because I try and support games I like. Game is going downhill instead of becoming more fun. Guess I'll stop buying diamonds until things improve.
    Looking at the vote in thread at time of this post it's 80% that don't like the change. I guess that says it all.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
    Slotharingia and Lisica like this.
  14. Lisica

Lisica Guest

+1 Heisenberg

When you're stuck in the hell of build times of 13h+ repeatable quests are the only thing you can do ingame, even if it means "click quest, click decline, click decline..... repeat 25 times", because fighting is only worth doing if there are 4 or less enemy squads and because you need goods to be able to negotiate, by all means get rid of the ones that are ridiculous but don't nerf the ones that are actually keeping us in the game... I won't spend more money either.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2015
    Slotharingia likes this.
  15. s5carrot

s5carrot Sorcerer

I most certainly do hope that there are enough uproars and howling complaints goes into the programmers' mailbox to get this feature removed. Chances are slim and most certainly would end up less favorable outcome. Think of the recent updates and game features and the issues caused by them. :p

Truly a direction taken with few players feedback into consideration? Or a direction taken based on early planning only?

16. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Alchemist

Like I said. You don't like it don't use it. Looking at the vote your feedback is in a minority standing. Yeah only 40 people have voted, but that's all there is for stats right now.
    I'm in the #1 guild and there isn't one person in our group in favor of these changes.
    No problem.
    To reiterate, I'll just cheap out and not spend anymore money on the game (I'm not the only one) and the devs can live on kraft dinner with no income to support this game.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  17. Thuriquesse

Thuriquesse Guest

I have to humbly agree with you Heisenberg. I play very seriously on the Beta world and things have gotten quite stupid to say the least.

If you look at my city....RugBug #3... Mail me.....:)....you will see I have spent lots on Diamonds. But now this game has degenerated into absolute stupidity.

I will not be buying anymore diamonds for this point onward. I used to be able to keep up with supply production and sick and tired on setting my workshops every 5 minutes for weeks on end just to be able to afford things I need. I will not do any repeatable quests because I disagree with it.

The quests should be planned properly not haphazardly.

There does not seem to be any planning whatsoever. This game is being run by amateurs...the developers do not seem to have a long term plan at all. By hook and by crook they fumble, mumble their way through this game.

Their haphazard lax approach is to punish us with:

1) Stupid mailing system.
    2) Stupid Chat system.
    3) No player profile...
    4) Player name stupidity because no profile allowed
    5) Cannot copy paste anything into anything.
    6) Trading section is a nightmare....Should have inventory on every page/section, and have a Times trade.
    7) Visiting has been a clusterf......since the beginning...key part of the game.
    8) Too much emphasis on buying diamonds....Obviously a pay to win game.....
    9) Culture....face palm....

and on and on and on....So many of my original group has quit this game and they were premium type players. This game has lost a ton a players over the lax way they (The developers) have mismanaged this game. Each update is as above.....One forward 2 BACK. This is exactly how the other 3 of Inno games failed.

Fiddle until it dies....Sound familiar...Where is the Ancient Roman empire now....Extinct....Where will this game be....Right up there with Lagoonia, Kartuga, Rising Generals.....

Tribal wars Is a time tested Good game, why has Innogames not leaned from past mistakes/failures and from there successes?

Every one of there games they seem to want to reinvent the same wheel....Then blame the poor results on this game is still in

The Balancing Phase.....rotfflmfao.

darkmic, Heisenberg and Lisica like this.
  18. Slotharingia

Slotharingia Scholar

I think the main reason people do the rep. quests is because there's nothing else to do, and unless you just want to log into a game for 10 min twice a day and progress incredibly slowly, having things to do is quite crucial. OTOH, there are so many stupid and repetitive ones that you have to constantly click through, that it ends up becoming quite tedious. Either they should instate the rep. quests as an actual thing to do with a decent system to access them (tab and select as opposed to click through) and only 1 of each type (specifying fight and win encounters is redundant when there are other quests that do not specify the method). In that case, people wouldn't be able to consider them an "exploit", though it's clearly just clumsy game design if people are actually expected not to decline the stupid ones. Why make them declinable at all then?

On a sidenote, before I realised one could decline them without terrible things happening to my game :D I actually completed them all, including those dreadful pointless long production cycles and it was very frustrating. You basically have to build a low level manufactory that takes up as little space as possible just to do them without hindering your general production. So really, what would be the point in forcing you to regularly repeat a quest that slows you down on an already slow game? Not to mention attempting to actually always complete those encounter based ones as it takes a long time to get the armies or resources needed.

19. s5carrot

s5carrot Sorcerer

I believe the programmers have a different source of income. Could be ads click hidden behind all the buttons or buildings we have in the city.

I do think they have some sort of a plan that has been used numerous times. And they will stick to the original plan of theirs without factoring in any good points from previous mistakes.

I also noticed something today, the repeatable quests keep regenerating 1-day production, building quests. And they generate slowly now each time you decline them.

20. Lisica

Lisica Guest

For those people stuck in the horrible bottleneck of granite/copper on the tech tree there isn't very much to do, you can't progress with techs, you can upgrade buildings but only to a certain point, you can do RQ but if they're nerfed then there's no point bothering with them, so unless you spend diamonds to get past this what is the point in logging in more than every 3/9 hrs in order to collect your goods and reset the productions. Once you're on that slippery slope you forget a couple of times and then you just don't log in any more.

We don't want the RQ to end, we want them to be sensible and there have been plenty of suggestions as to which quests just aren't of any value but every time we see those quests remain and the rewards on all are nerfed. If this change comes to the servers other than beta, then the number of people leaving will escalate faster than has been seen since people got into the dwarves tech.