1. Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Dismiss Notice

End of repeatable quests...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Recksters, Sep 1, 2015.

?

Do you agree to limit the declineable quests as shown in the Beta server?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    17.9%
  2. No

46 vote(s)
    82.1%
  1. Amy Steele

Amy Steele
    Ex-Team Member

Dear all,

Please be aware that insulting players is not only bad for your health, it is also against our forum rules. Please check back over your recent posts in the light of the rules and edit anything which might be in breach of those rules. You can edit your posts yourself by clicking 'Edit' at the bottom left of the post. Please also keep everything nice and friendly and polite from this point on, or further action may be taken, including, but not limited to closing this thread.

Thank you for your observance of our rules :)

2. Lisica

Lisica Guest

It is very easy to say that because a person is high ranked then they must be more skilled than a person with a lower ranking, however having higher points is usually attributable to the number of manufactories they have, particularly the tier 3.

I have a higher ranking than the rest of my fellowship, this isn't because I have some wonderful secret and have some totally unknown skills, its just because I have more manufactories and therefore more support buildings, the two people directly below me in rank in my FS are actually more advanced than me in the tech tree. My 4 gems aren't at level 15 yet, but when they are they'll be worth 2217 points each.

Pointing out a high rank is slightly deceptive as having 10 dust factories are a lot to do with that rank.

I do use diamonds, my 5 builders attest to that, but I haven't used them to get me past the granite bottleneck on the tech tree where I now have 2 techs with the required kp but no granite to unlock them. If I did then I would be a lot higher in the rankings than I am now. Using diamonds is a personal choice as is how many are used. There will always be a division between the haves and have-nots but the choice is entirely up to us as to what we do.

However it is true that INNO is running a business, they have to make money or there is no point having these games, don't berate those who choose to spend money on the games because if they didn't then free-to-play wouldn't exist.

3. s5carrot

s5carrot Sorcerer

Just seen this thread. It is interesting.

+1 to rework the rewards for repeatable quests and trading system. I fully agree that the rewards are way too low for quests.

Reasons:
    1. Some of the quest should provide other luxury goods as rewards rather than just coins and supplies. The current limit on coins and supplies is low and will limit scouting, purchases of goods.

2. Repeatable quests should should not have battle encounters included since armies takes a long time to raise given that you cannot select how many to bring in each unit. Currently only 5 units a battle with the numbers always default to max squad size. In fact I find the entire battle system in need of reconsideration for players to battle daily. (There are quests on clearing battle encounters, gathering relics and clearing provinces) An obvious issue would be the difference in both quantity per unit and no of units the AI has over the players. (AI max 8 units while a player has only 5. I am facing 50+ treants against my modest 15 treants in a unit.)

3. Reworking the quests to lean more towards active players would be better than to base heavily on boost goods.

4. Without the repeatable quests, there is a good chance most players would find it too boring (As seen in the earlier posts in this thread) since the game does not offer anything further. yes even that Ancient wonder seems more of a money pit exclusive to diamond users. Non-diamond users at advance stages of the game would likely find it impossible to gather the runes.

To add,
    There will always be a difference in the players who pumped real money against those who do not. There are very few online games that do not require players to charge money into the accounts left and are actually popular.

Slotharingia likes this.
  4. Duke Avatar

Duke Avatar Soothsayer

The rewards was once MUCH higher but has been reduced multiple times during updates to reduce the overuse and reliance (the devs don't want that) on RQ's.

That was done for the one day production quest... It was massively exploited! the devs then reduced the quantity of goods gained and added an amount of coins... it was still exploited. They then changed it so that NO goods can be gained from RQ's during update 0.28.

Players built a large number of level 1 manu's (up to 30) and set them all to the 1 day production. Then when the production was finished the cycled to the particular quest... picked up the goods from 1 manu and cycled through the quests till the got the same quest again and picked up goods from another manu... et cetera. Those quests only "triggered" when the goods was picked up. You didn't have to leave that quest active while the manu was producing.

3 of the 4 "battle encounter" quests can be completed without any troops. Its only the "fight and win 3 encounters" that requires actual troops.

They are aimed at the more active player... For ex. doing the Gain x supplys with the 5 minute productions in your workshop will gain you LOTS of coins per day if you are active for say 12 hours per day. I won't talk about the other two heavily exploitable quests that are still available.

This is an idea with merit and I believe it DESERVES it's own discussion thread.

5. s5carrot

s5carrot Sorcerer

Tried that out and FULLY agree that the quests can be done and abused.
    But then again, at the moment there is not much left for the advance stage players to do.
    I found the repeatable quests most useful in sourcing for resources for everyone.

Battle encounters, players get way outnumbered. Negotiation costs are rising as well.
    As for the buildings, most are likely to be at advance levels, so very long building times requirements are also a bottleneck.
    Trades? There is only so much trading you can do before you get bored

6. firerock

firerock Enchanter

well to complete the wonders by yourself will take 180 provinces (AFTER level IV tech is completed) which I think is perhaps impossible without diamonds.

7. The Tyroll

The Tyroll Novice

That totally depends on what fellowship you're in and how many active neighbours you happen to have on the map.

Improve the Trading System first, then address the repeatable quests' issue. For Two Reasons:
    1. With the absence of sufficent or required goods on the Trading market, repeatable quests help to gain rewards that serve to buy needed goods at the Wholesaler, instead of waiting forever and a half for those goods to appear on the market. Not an ideal fix, but one that so far works, sort of.
    2. Besides, the issue of the Trading System is one much more crucial in my experience to the quality of the game than that of the Repeatable Quests and, therefore, should (IMHO) take precedence.

PhorLaughs likes this.
  8. s5carrot

s5carrot Sorcerer

The obvious things every player could agree are
    1. Repeatable quest needs reworks.
    2. Repeatable quests are required given the exorbitant demands on goods

It is the currently the only alternative.

Quests that have a limit to how much you have to build just to collect that should not be made repeatable unless the reward is actually significant. Especially quests demanding 1 day productions. Perhaps it may be do-able only diamond user with lots of land.

Rexxagor and NecroDee like this.
  9. NecroDee

NecroDee Bard

This!
    +1

10. s5carrot

s5carrot Sorcerer

The type of quests that are repeatable but not suitable to be repeatable, in my cents worth, are:

1. Collect 4 relics
    2. Fight and win 3 Encounters
    3. Solve for encounters
    4. Complete a province
    5. Create a Mage Journal/Mysterious Potion
    6. Build a residence to level 9 and above
    7. Upgrade a building to level 9 and above
    8. Upgrade a Boosted manufactory to level 9 and above
    9. Build an Altar of forefathers

The reasons are that these quests are not suitable would be

1. It takes very LONG time taken to build and army at the later stages
    2. Resources are scarce. Some may still find it possible to be used for negotiation for late stage players if they can abuse a few other repeatable quests. However, there is only so much resources you have. Unless you are playing this repeatable quest all day long.
    3. Same concept for building quests. You cant do them endlessly since there is a finite amount of space. But you can take your time to build them or keep dismantling and rebuild for this miserable reward.

The only way to curb repeatable quest would be to limit how many times each can be done per day. Not restrict the number of times you can decline them

11. Lisica

Lisica Guest

Not sure why the building quests can't be repeatable quests, I usually have that quest set when I have something due to finish, although my buildings are level 11 and I doubt that many people can be bothered to build up to level 11 sell and rebuild, seems like an almighty waste of time to me especially when goods/supplies/population are at a premium.

I also read an earlier post of yours about providing luxury goods as rewards which as we know now was abuseable, however if you build only your boosted goods and trade for the non boosted then its possible to get enough goods to do what you want even if you have to wait a little longer than you might want.

12. s5carrot

s5carrot Sorcerer

No idea as to how much you read the posts. You may read them again if in doubt.

For your benefit,
    1. The last post would be a suggestion how to end repeatable quest abuse. And why some quests should not be considered as repeatable. Space constraint is the reason why construction of buildings should not be included. It is very likely advance players would simply just skip over them. As mentioned by you, "I doubt that many people can be bothered to build up to level 11 sell and rebuild".
    For the battle encounters, there are only so much hexes you can scout based on the coins demands, goods needed for negotiation and army size you go up against.

2. Regarding the rewards, if the repeatable quests are no longer endless, the rewards should be made significant enough to keep interest going. The only reason why players abuse them are due to them being endless and small token rewards for completion.

3. This is a discussion thread how to end this abuse of repeatable. I posted my ideas, reasons.

But then, this thread appears to be somewhat more of a flaming thread. A rather refreshing change of taste, occasionally.

13. Lisica

Lisica Guest

Ah sorry, I had thought that this was a discussion thread, I see I was wrong.

Do I cycle through the quests and pick the ones appropriate to what I am doing, yes of course I do as they are a significant part of my income, however I don't believe I abuse them in the ways that have been mentioned in the past.

This thread is just going round and round in circles, a lot of people want to see something different, better quests with better rewards that can only be completed X times a day or can only be declined X times a day. Until the devs come up with something to replace the "decline" repeatable quests then we'll be stuck with them.

14. NecroDee

NecroDee Bard

These 3 are repeatable...ish once every (for me) 36ish hours.
    Basically, every time I scout a new province, I can do these 3 quests.
    Fight 3 of the easiest 8 encounters, solve 4 more via fight or negotiation and then complete the province with the last fight.

But ya, these 3 quests are only as good as how often you can scout.

15. Katwijk

Katwijk Scholar

I'll come down on the opposite side of this issue. My tendency is to wait UNTIL I have a quest that provides additional benefits, and THEN upgrade a related building, or whatever the task might be.

Likewise, I rarely go after relics unless there's a quest that provides additional benefits.

Declinable quests are a very nice way to pace the game, and maximize the benefit of your developmental efforts.

16. s5carrot

s5carrot Sorcerer

In a discussion, everyone voice their opinion about something and get feedback. It seems like you did not actually follow the thread or read the entire post rather quoting out of context.

Your posts revolves around not sure why,

As mentioned in the earlier posts, there are advance players who do and why it is considered abuse. To each his own.

To date whatever you posted here indicated you either have not followed the thread closely or understood the discussions. And yes, by doing this, you are chasing your own tail. Current situation is endless repeatable quests. There are a set of quests that can be done indefinitely. The thread is gathering opinions to resolve this without players howling into the night.

17. Lisica

Lisica Guest

I suggest you read what you posted earlier and stop the flaming.

If you had read this thread from the very beginning you would find that many people use the quests in the way they have been designed by the game developers, if the trading system was fixed then the need to rely on declining quests would significantly reduce. Its easy at the beginning with just a few quests to keep declining and cycling round to the ones which fit especially if there is a lack of trading partners, however as time goes on there are more and more quests, I currently have 25 quests and am at the point when I use them if they fit with what I have at that moment, but run out of enthusiasm and time to click 25 quests on a repeating cycle.

18. s5carrot

s5carrot Sorcerer

And the quests were meant to be repeated unlimited daily and abused by players such as yourself. This was the reason why this thread exist. End of repeatable quests.

Since you insist on getting flamed, you would have to request to the moderator to allow flaming on you specifically. :confused:

The last post from Amy indicated it is not acceptable and against forum rules here. Clearly you did not read the earlier posts before. Now this thread could get removed or closed if had there been any flaming from me to you.:D

You have definitely need to read the flaming posts of others before the moderator's warnings to stop.

One man's meat is another's poison. Everyone gave their idea how to do it and why the proposed change in beta was not well taken.

Perhaps you never had the misfortune of having 2 mandatory quests at a go where both cannot be cleared until a much further research stage. There are players who had the misfortune at the earlier stages of the game.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  19. s5carrot

s5carrot Sorcerer

yes that is exactly the case. There is a limit to how many you can do it in the game on a daily basis.
    Once you peaked where the scouting costs is too high, the battle encounters cannot be fought or negotiated, this is no longer a viable quest. And given I take more than 12 hours to do scout a province, likely it would take a day or more if the provinces explored were in the region of 200 explored

20. NecroDee

NecroDee Bard

Yup, I'm at around 200 provinces, and my scout time is around 36 hours

s5carrot likes this.