• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

End Game strategies...

Sir Derf

Adept
I'm not there yet... But I'm getting closer...

For those currently in post-quest Chapter 20 (or having been at post-quest 19, or 18 per later Chapter introductions)...

What do you do differently with your city? What do you add that you didn't put in when upgrading? What do you remove or reduce? What do you strive to swap out or replace? And what do you seek to add to you pocket-universe of inventory for potential future use if/when a new Chapter is added?

m4rt1n

Adept
I added only the Thrones of the High Men AW as finally at ch 19/20 the culture it produces becomes worthwhile for its size.

Also added my entire inventory of wishing wells " forgot I had 16 left from ch14" and genie's Free diamonds towards expansions on discount days,

To add I have been end game now for about 5 years, Inno added sentient, then ascended goods, still endgame but the game only ends when Inno says so, see you here in a decade or more :)

Last edited:

kimkimkim

Summoner
I'm in chapter 20 right now and didn't do anything differently to my city except now I have to keep the orcs coming, lots of seeds flowing and ensuring I have enough unurium buildings.......probably won't do anything different for next chapter as well....I just chug along at a nice easy pace, no rush to finish fast

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
To add I have been end game now for about 5 years, Inno added sentient, then ascended goods, still endgame but the game only ends when Inno says so, see you here in a decade or more :)

I even started a brand new city after 2 and half years of "end game" and abandoned the old one (under different user name). I didn't like playing multiple cities as none of them got done properly but that's probably just me. The current city will be hard to abandon though because of Moonstone Libraries that I collected when I could. But when worse comes to the worst I'll consider it again.

Generally, I love building things so when I have no settlement to play with I just upgrade everything including manufacturies in my inventory. Once that's done I add buildings like armories etc based on what I need the most. I do minimal AWs as they have to be really worth it for me to lose my play space and a number of other personal reasons (like they don't change the way they look, can't be teleported, I don't like tournaments enough to try hard to get KPs, AWs affect tourney and spire formula, they aren't flexible and a lot of them aren't useful all the time etc). This is why I suggested a while back that they give us a building that's nearly impossible to finish because of high number of levels, changes the way it looks when upgraded and gives various rewards in different levels to keeps us (builders) occupied, that would be enough for me to fill the gap between chapters with.

Sir Derf

Adept
By "End Game", I simply meant the point in game play when you have finished the then last released Chapter, not that it was in a state where it was never being added to again. And I was wondering less on the temporary "place all my stockpiled expiring buildings", and more the longer-term city-planning plans.

BonnyGwen

Spellcaster
I just finished Chap 20.
I'm on a mission to grow all the AWs till they're all maxed out.
This means a different tourney strategy than people who follow 'the formula'.
Seeing as I have over 700 AW points and over 700 completed provinces, it's getting pretty expensive to negotiate some tourney battles and it's hard to keep up with mana, seeds, orcs if those are needed in negotiations - and some of those are needed to upgrade over lvl 30 for AWs.
So I'm adding armories - I'm up to 15 at lvl 42 right now and will try to fight more and negotiate less.

I put ascended goods factories into storage and the traders can go dormant.
I built out a lot of ferris wheels to help the newest AWs get past the first few rune circles.
I just love that Advanced Scouts got my scouting time down from 6 days 19 hours, and with the Scouts Tavern at lvl 3 my scout runs a little over 4 days and that will get shorter as the Tavern gets upgraded.
The next chapter will undoubtedly deal with lots of ascended goods so getting the Ancestral Resting Place leveled up now will pay off later.

I built out my last 4 wishing wells, and 4 genies, and in 100 days when they expire I've got more genies to use up.
I used up more than half of my portal profits so the trading stations will help build up those numbers again.
There are all sorts of things to work on.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team