• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Enchantments

Solanix

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
Did you know that you can use Enchantments to improve the output of your buildings?

To see what enchantments you have available, you can open your inventory, and on the first tab are all of the available ones listed. From there, you can apply your enchantments to their specific targets. Just click on it, and all buildings you can enchant with that particular one will be marked with a tiny symbol of that enchantment. Now you click on one building, and it starts sparkling. You can only enchant one building at a time.

You will notice that your enchantments reduce relatively quickly, and you might want to 'refill' them again, which is done in your Magic Academy.
Open your Magic Academy, and on the first tab, you see all enchants you can draft. There will be just 3 of them and two slots at the very beginning. But when you upgrade the Magic Academy, you will get more slots. Progressing in the Research will enable you to make the others as well. You need relics to make enchantments. Which relics you need depends on the enchantment and your boosted goods.

Overall, there are four enchantments:

Power of Provision - Use this to improve the output of your Workshops. The Supply Collection Boost depends on your Culture Bonus and the level of your Prosperity Towers. The Effect Duration depends on the level of your Culture Boost. Prosperity Towers.

Ensorcelled Endowment - Use this to boost the Neighborly Help Bonus. The effect of the Neighborly Help bonus depends on the level of your Watchtower Ruins. The Effect Duration of the Ensorcelled Endowment depends on your Lighthouse of Good Neighborhood level.

Magical Manufacturing - Use this to boost the output of your Goods' Manufactories. The Collection Boost Production Boost itself depends on the level of your Mountain Halls. The Collection Boost and Effect Duration of the Magical Manufacturing depends on your Elvenar Trade Centre level.

Inspiring Meditation - Use this to enhance your Knowledge Points Recharge Limit by 10 KP for 48 hours.

Combining Catalysts are no longer an enchantment. You can find them now in your Crafting Resources overview on the top of your screen.

Last edited:

Gargon667

Mentor
A few corrections:

You can only enchant 1 bulding at the time.
No, you can enchant as many buildings as you like.

You will notice that your enchantments reduce relatively quck and you might want to 'refill' them again which is done in your Magic Academy.
Open your Magic Academy and on the first tab and you see all enchants you can draft. At the very beginning there will be just 3 of them and 2 slots. But when you upgrade the Magic Academy you will get more slots. Progressing in the Research will enable you to make the others as well. You need relics to make enchantments. Which relics you need is depending on the enchantment and your boosted goods.

The MA may be the first source of enchantments, but is certainly not the best. Tourneys are a much better source for PoP, EE and to some extent MM enchantments, while the spire is a very big source of CC (both directly ass well as through the spire set).

Power of Provision - Use this to improve the output of your Workshops. The Supply Collection Boost is depending on your Culture Bonus and the level of your Prosperity Towers. The Effect Duration is depending on your Culture Boost.

The duration depends on the PTowers, not the culture boost

Ensorcelled Endowment - Use this to boost the Neighborly Help Bonus. The effect of that bonus is depending on the level of your Watchtower Ruins The Effect Duration depends on your level of the Lightouse of Good Neighborhood.

The effect is 5%, can be increased by the Lighthouse of good neighbourhood, but has nothing to do with Watchtower Ruins, however the main factor is the fact if the enchanted building has received NH or not to decide if any bonus is given at all.

Magical Manufactoring - Use this to boost the output of your Goods Manufactories. The Collection Boost is depending on the level of your Mountain Halls and your Elvenar Trade Centre. The Effect Duration is depending on the level of your Elvenar Trade Centre as well.

The Mountain Halls have nothing to do with the MM encchantments. Unless you want to explain goods production in its entirety, but that would better be done in a separate post. As far as MM enchantments go, there is only the ETC and the Storm Phoenix.

Additional things:

You forgot to mention the Teleport Spell and the Pet Food, which both are also carried in the inventory under enchantments, however they cannot be produced directly in the MA.

Also I would include the fact that enchantments can be placed to improve already finished productions, so the best point in time to place an enchantment would be in the morning, right before collecting overnight productions.

Stucon

Illusionist
Also I would include the fact that enchantments can be placed to improve already finished productions, so the best point in time to place an enchantment would be in the morning, right before collecting overnight productions.
Agree with most of what you say Gargon but best time to collect depends on how you play and how often you collect, particularly for MM.
When I was going out to work (pre-Covid) the best time to place for me was early evening (after a 9 hour production) so that I could benefit from an additional 3 hour production.
At home all day with time on my hands, after the overnight works best as I can sneak in two extra 3hr grabs during the day.

Pauly7

Magus
Ensorcelled Endowment - Use this to boost the Neighborly Help Bonus. The effect of that bonus is depending on the level of your Watchtower Ruins The Effect Duration depends on your level of the Lightouse of Good Neighborhood.
I think you meant to say Great Bell Spire / Crystal Lighthouse, and not Lighthouse of Good Neighbourhood, as far as increasing the duration of the NH bonus goes. Watchtower Ruins increases the extra culture you receive from each NH on a particular building, whereas LOGN increases the effect on culture bonus.

Solanix

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
Thank you all for your input. I have done some amendments to my post.

This post is meant to explain the tab 'Enchantments' in the Magic Academy. Therefore I did not mention the 'Teleport Building' because that spell cannot be crafted.

You can only enchant 1 building at the time, because you have to click each building separately. How many buildings you can enchant depends at the end of the day on how many spells you have in your inventory. You can enchant each building 10 times if you feel generous.

Gargon667

Mentor
I think you meant to say Great Bell Spire / Crystal Lighthouse, and not Lighthouse of Good Neighbourhood, as far as increasing the duration of the NH bonus goes. Watchtower Ruins increases the extra culture you receive from each NH on a particular building, whereas LOGN increases the effect on culture bonus.

We are talking about the duration of the EE enchantment, not the duration of NH

Gargon667

Mentor
This post is meant to explain the tab 'Enchantments' in the Magic Academy. Therefore I did not mention the 'Teleport Building' because that spell cannot be crafted.

Exactly! click on your MA and then on the enchantments tab, you will find both Pet Food and Teleport there. Which is why I suggest you mention them in this post.

You can only enchant 1 building at the time, because you have to click each building separately. How many buildings you can enchant depends at the end of the day on how many spells you have in your inventory. You can enchant each building 10 times if you feel generous.

How about:

"Every enchantment can be placed at any one target building, multiple enchantments can either be placed on multiple buildings or multiple times on the same building for increased duration."

The way it is right now it sounds like you can only use one enchantment at a time.

Gargon667

Mentor
PT doesn't affect culture boost, but it does also increase the potency of the PoP spells, along with their duration.

true, but that part is already in there :) and who said PT affects culture boost?

Solanix

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
A new player won't have Pet Food nor Teleport Building and therefore won't see them in the Enchantment tab of the Magic Academy. That's why I did not mention them. But I will surely write something about them in a different 'Did you know' post.

Gargon667

Mentor
A new player won't have Pet Food nor Teleport Building and therefore won't see them in the Enchantment tab of the Magic Academy. That's why I did not mention them. But I will surely write something about them in a different 'Did you know' post.

Well if this is a newbie post I guess you can skip all the talk of Prosperity towers and Lighthouse of good neighbourhood etc, it will only be confusing for such people. Just stick to the very basics. What each enchantment does and nothing else.

EDIT: Not saying it should be a newbie post. I find a more comprehensible post about everything to do with enchantments will be more useful, especially since there are extremely few newbies around on the forums, most people find their way here later in the game...

Or as an alternative,make it a newbie oriented post and then add the link to the wiki for further reading?

Last edited:

apwith

Dreamer
Does anybody know why the Ensorcelled Endowment cannot be cast on the Watchful Winter Owl? The Owl gives culture, and can receive help from neighbours.

Gargon667

Mentor
The system in use does not allow to cast more than one type of spells on any building. Since you can cast pet food on the owl (and any pet), using EEs is technically impossible.

In the early days of pets it was possible to EE pets, but since the game only allows 1 enchantment effect at the same time a EE Pet could not be fed anymore until the EE ran out, then people complained about not being able to feed pets, so Inno "fixed" the problem by not allowing EEs anymore on pets at all. If people hadn´t complained we´d still be able to EE all the pets with useless abilities and even EE the useful ones when we don´t need to feed them for a while. But giving people a choice is usually a recipe for disaster ;)
In this case I don´t blame Inno lol, just be careful what you wish for I guess.

apwith

Dreamer
In the early days of pets it was possible to EE pets, but since the game only allows 1 enchantment effect at the same time a EE Pet could not be fed anymore until the EE ran out, then people complained about not being able to feed pets, so Inno "fixed" the problem by not allowing EEs anymore on pets at all. If people hadn´t complained we´d still be able to EE all the pets with useless abilities and even EE the useful ones when we don´t need to feed them for a while. But giving people a choice is usually a recipe for disaster ;)
In this case I don´t blame Inno lol, just be careful what you wish for I guess.
he he!, as a software designer, I often think of these kinds of situation in terms of how they might be coded to satisfy certain use cases.
two things occur to me:
  • they could modify the system to allow for simultaneous spell effects (obviously, having never looked at the code, or talked about the design with those in charge, I have no clue why it's coded like it is, or even if its a feature or an unintended consequence)
  • they could allow you to cancel a spell on a building that is able to receive more than one type of enchantment (maybe letting you get the enchantment back, or not, depending on whether you have profited from it; though, of course, in the latter case it might annoy some players when they shot themselves in the foot, but you can't please every user)
in any case, I wouldn't blame Inno for giving me a game I enjoy! :D

Gargon667

Mentor
he he!, as a software designer, I often think of these kinds of situation in terms of how they might be coded to satisfy certain use cases.
two things occur to me:
  • they could modify the system to allow for simultaneous spell effects (obviously, having never looked at the code, or talked about the design with those in charge, I have no clue why it's coded like it is, or even if its a feature or an unintended consequence)
  • they could allow you to cancel a spell on a building that is able to receive more than one type of enchantment (maybe letting you get the enchantment back, or not, depending on whether you have profited from it; though, of course, in the latter case it might annoy some players when they shot themselves in the foot, but you can't please every user)
in any case, I wouldn't blame Inno for giving me a game I enjoy! :D

I would say the main line of thinking was: "how can we fix this problem with a minimum of time investment" both of your solutions would be much prettier, but require actual programming, while disallowing EE on Pets is just like flipping a switch... It is too minor an issue to allow bigger investment I suppose. There are tons of examples like this in the game, but as you say it´s doesn´t make a fun game, not fun :)