• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Elvenstats

m4rt1n

Adept
I'm stuck at the enter username so it's most likely the same for everyone.

Morning Town

Alchemist
On Elvenstats front news list:
Apr 19, 2020
Server is overloaded! Site performance is borderline unusable. Database is completely overloaded. I will have to upgrade the server sometime this week. In the meantime, please let the pages load don't refresh a bunch as it only makes it worse. Each page load causes a database query which is performed regardless of whether you allow the page to fully load.

Pauly7

Magus
Apr 19, 2020
Server is overloaded! Site performance is borderline unusable. Database is completely overloaded. I will have to upgrade the server sometime this week. In the meantime, please let the pages load don't refresh a bunch as it only makes it worse. Each page load causes a database query which is performed regardless of whether you allow the page to fully load.
Thanks, that's useful. I hadn't spotted that on the website. In fact I see no news later than November 2019.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Apr 19, 2020

Indeed. I own a server too, but is not overloaded thankfully :) Solid server configuration though, weaker servers would just crash the entire site.

rock stream

Scholar
Does Elvenstats work? If so what is the frequency of actual reports? We have put effort into players goods production numbers and would like to recognize player progress. There is no new notifications of issues with servers or waiters or anything.

rock stream

Scholar
It has just generated a monthly (weekly) report for all our fellowship. It is well received.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
It works fine, but slow. Unless they have a massive firewall (I do have it in my own server), these pings are giving a result of not working, so, it would be interesting to clear the caché and try to browse (I am going as I type this now), but:

Pinging elvenstats.com [35.173.86.75] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 35.173.86.75:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

So the server must be loaded.

rock stream

Scholar
I sometimes take for granted how much I rely on them.
What do you use them for?
I enjoy the reports because it slices progress in many different metrics so even lower score players can gain recognition for progress (such as % increase).
Being able to load your current city layout into Elven Architect is really nice to.
Can Mobile users do this?

Pauly7

Magus
I use Elvenstats as a form of CV/Resume, to look at prospective new fellowship members. I like to know that history before inviting someone to the FS. Without Elvenstats I would just be in the dark.

I can see how the reports are good for some, but they're a little too simplistic for me in how they show achievement, so I keep my own spreadsheets and make reports from that... I know, I'm an Excel nerd!

Gargon667

Mentor
I use Elvenstats as a form of CV/Resume, to look at prospective new fellowship members. I like to know that history before inviting someone to the FS. Without Elvenstats I would just be in the dark.

I can see how the reports are good for some, but they're a little too simplistic for me in how they show achievement, so I keep my own spreadsheets and make reports from that... I know, I'm an Excel nerd!

me too! I make my own report (libre office calc ;) ), especially about tourneys :) I still like the one from elvenstats, after all that is where I got the idea from, I just wanted more info...
btw the choice elvenstats reports in our FS are the ones the week of the FA: power losses of 300k points in a week for some, while the biggest powergainer is someone who has 0 gain, because they prepared for the FS a week earlier lol... Well the week after is also fun when the same thing happens in reverse and all the teleported stuff comes back from inventory...