• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Elvenar's HTML5 client

DeletedUser7533

What in the world just happened? The game ground to a crawl - as in unplayable.

I just had to disable HTML5 in the game options. The game is still slower, but at least marginally playable.

DeletedUser5670

For those that are finding things slower using HTLM5 check the Performance tab in your browser to see if hardware acceleration is turned on, default is normally off. If it has Use System Settings checked then uncheck it and it should change to Use Hardware Acceleration. If you have a good graphics card that supports it then its internal RAM and proccessor should help.
For the last three or so months I've been using HTLM5 on a new gaming laptop and only the other day realized Hardware Acceleration was not turned on in my browser so did so and the improvement was noticable.

m4rt1n

Adept
For those that are finding things slower using HTLM5 check the Performance tab in your browser to see if hardware acceleration is turned on, default is normally off. If it has Use System Settings checked then uncheck it and it should change to Use Hardware Acceleration. If you have a good graphics card that supports it then its internal RAM and proccessor should help.
For the last three or so months I've been using HTLM5 on a new gaming laptop and only the other day realized Hardware Acceleration was not turned on in my browser so did so and the improvement was noticable.

Thank you, very helpful. :)

DeletedUser7805

Thanks, that seems to be working for me, previously I could not get the game to play using HTLM5 on google, whereas it would play on Firefox.

Zooky

Novice
For those who never seen Elvenar on HTML 5
- the text is a bit different
-there is a flicker whenever anyone posts to chat, but it is not creeping
-battle screen is loading smoothly no errors (@yo momma love me here is your fix)
- no flash crash
-game loads faster
-tech tree is intact

THANK them for us pls @Muf-Muf
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please let us know your feedback about our new HTML5 client in this thread. We're looking forward to hearing what you think of it!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please let us know your feedback about our new HTML5 client in this thread. We're looking forward to hearing what you think of it!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Dear Humans and Elves,

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Not liking the new HTML5 at all.
Game load is really slow and so is the actual game play it takes forever to do anything!..... so I've reverted back to flash.

Timneh

Artisan
I have tried HTML5 on a few occasions now and gone back to flash very quickly because of the issues already mentioned as well as a couple of others. INNO need to get to grips with this or they could lose a lot of players when flash is no longer supported.

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
Huh. HTML5 works fine for me.
It needs to work for a wide variety of web browser/operating system combinations. It's certainly not working for mine (Pale Moon or Firefox/Linux).

Deleted User - 384643

It needs to work for a wide variety of web browser/operating system combinations. It's certainly not working for mine (Pale Moon or Firefox/Linux).
Yes, it's not working too well for me with Pale Moon, either. But it works great with Google Chrome.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
Works fine for me (both Firefox and Chrome under Linux). This doesn't help the players who experience issues, though. I hope this has the priority it deserves.

Jackluyt

Shaman
It needs to work for a wide variety of web browser/operating system combinations.

It is working quite acceptably for me on Chrome, Opera and Firefox.
It is not fault-free yet - but much easier to use and less glitchy than Chrome.
It tends to be heavy on memory still - they are working on it - so it may give more problems on older, slower PC's.

DeletedUser1874

Firefox on HTML5, with 3-4 tabs open tops: unplayable due to extreme lag and graphical glitches after 2-3 (endlessly long) loading screens.
Firefox on Flash with 3-4 tabs open tops: a little bit better and no glitches, but quite laggy nonetheless.

Opera on HTML5 with 178 tabs open: everything is really smooth, no complaint whatsoever.
Opera on Flash with 178 tabs open: everything is really smooth, no complaint whatsoever.

My PC is a very high-end machine, which apparently hates Firefox (at least as far as Elvenar is concerned, everything else works well on it and I use it as my default browser; I have to change to Opera for Elvenar). I've also tested this on a laptop (also a high-end one, basically a portable workstation) and the results are the same. I thought it could have had something to do with some script blockers and similar addons I have on Firefox, but I don't have them on the laptop and the results are the same. So does Elvenar hates Firefox after all?

JackHobbs

Adventurer
Are you playing on a browser or the app?

For a browser, highlight the text then use CTRL/C then CTRL/V* edited.
How difficult would it be to add two more options to the Context Menu
1. Copy (Highlighted text to Clipboard CTRL-C)
2 Paste (Clipboard contents to cursor location CTRL-V)

It would just make life easier for so many late night players ;-)

Cheers

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
How difficult would it be to add two more options to the Context Menu
1. Copy (Highlighted text to Clipboard CTRL-C)
2 Paste (Clipboard contents to cursor location CTRL-V)

It would just make life easier for so many late night players ;-)

Cheers
Very difficult, actually, sadly. However, you can already use Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V for copy and paste in the game. You can select text in messages or chat, and use those keyboard shortcuts to copy and paste.

DeletedUser8105

Using Chrome here, loads faster, works ok, not as many crashes. Main problem is no copy and paste, flicker mildly annoying

Deleted User - 1759805

ctrl + C, ctrl + V works
Hm, indeed it does now. Was something changed recently? I definitely remember this not working a couple of months ago or so. This was my biggest issue with HTML5 version - that copy/paste didn't work in chat.

Regardless, it works now and this is great ;)

Jackluyt

Shaman
Hm, indeed it does now. Was something changed recently?

It worked for me from day one.
I always use those shortcuts!
I hold my left little finger down on the ctrl button, and use my index finger for C copy, X cut, V paste, Z go back one, S Save, A mark all, D bookmark, F find, etc. All with one hand!
I do this hundreds of times every day; it is second nature for me.
:)