• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Elvenar's HTML5 client

m4rt1n

Adept
im all out of options then @m4rt1n :(.... bash your PC?:D

So it seems that some of the HTML5 functions do not work properly when I was loading the game through Miniclip.com
Loading the game directly and now the full screen works for me although the scrolling is slower than on flash.

DeletedUser6448

New fonts are much worse compared to Adobe Flash client.
They are smaller and font height is lower then previous.
Could you pick better font, that looks more similar to a Flash version of font?

DeletedUser5670

Since changing from a slow Desktop PC to a very powerful gaming Laptop I came accros the HTLM5 option so activated it. This is what I've noticed so far:
Very smooth actions, lightening page changes, no crashes, everything functional. Same response with Flash so puting it down to laptop power.
Strange blue flash that makes me jump in battle scenes when a unit is hit sometimes.
Mouse click sound in full screen seems to disappear for some events including Preferences opening/closing click. Not really importand, but, indicates something wrong.

All in all I'm sticking to it and watching for improvents :)

Sir Derf

Adept
I'm 60% certain that the HTML5 version of Elvenar causes detrimental effects on my chrome and PC environment.

I run a dual-screen system, where I keep Elvenar mostly open on one screen, while doing my regular activities on the other. In another chrome window, I tend to run YouTube videos for background audio. I also tend to run some overnight processes, such that I tend to keep my PC running continuously. I can operate in this way for days without needing to reboot.

Over the last 2-3 weeks, I've been noticing some odd behavior that has gradually gotten worse.

At times, the Elvenar process runs slow, or gradually slows. The animation runs slow, the response to clicking and typing is slow.

At other times, my chrome windows will occasionally pause in their operation, for from 1 to 60 seconds. Sometimes, all processes, other windows, even alt-tab switching, hangs. Some of the times, all processes continue operating. Other times, the chrome windows all go black, eventually most resume, but the Elvenar window stays black and requires a reload. PC reboots will clear this up for a while, but it gradually reoccurs.

This morning, I experienced a blackout within 5 minutes of rebooting.

I switched from HTML5 back to Flash, and haven't seen a black screen, haven't noticed a pause in operation, over the last 2+ hours.

Anyone else noticed this?
Is there any information of observation I could make to help explore this?

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
If the tab with Elvenar is out of focus in Chrome, then the Chrome browser slows it down to improve performance of the browser. That would explain the behavior you're describing. This is something that's being done by the browser itself, and we don't have any influence on that, nor can we avoid that that happens. :)

Sir Derf

Adept
The slowdown would be cosmetic only if it was only the Elvenar tab's animation when the tab was not the focus.

It is functional when it continues when you return focus and are trying to interact with the game, and the slowdown takes place with gathering and restarting productions.

It is whole PC interfering when it blacks out other chrome windows, or hangs the whole PC for seconds to minutes.

DeletedUser4411

I've been using html5 in linux using chrome for two or three weeks the experience was not worse than using flash, but really sometimes it became very slow (firefox was worse, also sometimes completely messed up with my desktop). I'm posting this only because a few hours ago I decided to try falkon webbrowser and in spite of the still very few hours of using it I found it much more enjoyable to play.

Hekata

Artisan
I discovered the HTML5 client option today and started using it both on Opera and Chrome. So far I didn't encounter any problems and I like the way it looks (everything seems clearer and it loads faster). But I have a question: how can I use the copy/past option for messages and chat? The usual right click method I used until now doesn't work. I have seen that the question has already been asked in this thread but not answered.

DeletedUser7753

I discovered the HTML5 client option today and started using it both on Opera and Chrome. So far I didn't encounter any problems and I like the way it looks (everything seems clearer and it loads faster). But I have a question: how can I use the copy/past option for messages and chat? The usual right click method I used until now doesn't work. I have seen that the question has already been asked in this thread but not answered.

DeletedUser7805

I think it's Chrome, Playing Elvenar on my PC has been slow/laggy all along since I started playing. When I tried HTML5 it was even slower or wouldn't load all.

Today I used Firefox and I found playing the game was much smoother even before switching to HTML5.

I'm 60% certain that the HTML 5 version of Elvenar causes detrimental effects on my chrome and PC environment.

I run a dual-screen system, where I keep Elvenar mostly open on one screen, while doing my regular activities on the other. In another chrome window, I tend to run YouTube videos for background audio. I also tend to run some overnight processes, such that I tend to keep my PC running continuously. I can operate in this way for days without needing to reboot.

Over the last 2-3 weeks, I've been noticing some odd behavior that has gradually gotten worse.

At times, the Elvenar process runs slow, or gradually slows. The animation runs slow, the response to clicking and typing is slow.

At other times, my chrome windows will occasionally pause in their operation, for from 1 to 60 seconds. Sometimes, all processes, other windows, even alt-tab switching, hangs. Some of the times, all processes continue operating. Other times, the chrome windows all go black, eventually most resume, but the Elvenar window stays black and requires a reload. PC reboots will clear this up for a while, but it gradually reoccurs.

This morning, I experienced a blackout within 5 minutes of rebooting.

I switched from HTML5 back to Flash, and haven't seen a black screen, haven't noticed a pause in operation, over the last 2+ hours.

Anyone else noticed this?
Is there any information of observation I could make to help explore this?

DeletedUser5976

What I would like to know is, if the problem with Linux and HTML5 has been fixed. When I tried switching to HTML5 I couldn't login at all anymore.

DeletedUser3097

What I would like to know is, if the problem with Linux and HTML5 has been fixed. When I tried switching to HTML5 I couldn't login at all anymore.
No, Linux is not currently supported. Work is ongoing with HTML as a whole and in the future, HTML should work with Linux but in the meantime, Flash is your only option.

DeletedUser3097

But I have a question: how can I use the copy/past option for messages and chat? The usual right click method I used until now doesn't work. I have seen that the question has already been asked in this thread but not answered.
Are you playing on a browser or the app?

For a browser, highlight the text then use CTRL/C then CTRL/V* edited.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7733

Are you playing on a browser or the app?

For a browser, highlight the text then use CTRL/C then CTRL/V.

Thank you, CTRL/C and then CTRL/V works. The right click menu that says "v1.69.6(Click to copy) can be confusing as it just copies the version name.

Also, I started using it again on Chrome and Opera and it has improved a lot since the release. It runs much better and faster than Flash so that's great :)

Last edited by a moderator: