• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Elvenar Down For Maintenance

Pauly7

Magus
I realise that Inno will try to take the site down at what they see as the best times of day and I know that sometimes it may be an emergency or a fault, but if the game is being taken down for routine maintenance I wish an in-game notification would be sent out saying the time and date that it will happen.

Alcaro

Necromancer
interesting is that my acct is working/ loading while others aren't. A friend of mine (from RL) called me to ask me what's going on, cuz she can't login, neither from PC nor from App. I checked instantly my cities, all are loading. At this hour she still can't login, having some message about maintenance.

Alcaro

Necromancer
I realise that Inno will try to take the site down at what they see as the best times of day and I know that sometimes it may be an emergency or a fault, but if the game is being taken down for routine maintenance I wish an in-game notification would be sent out saying the time and date that it will happen.
I play STO and there the maintenance is announced with 1 day (at least this I saw, it could be even more) in advance and then getting an automatic warning in chat every hour, then 30 min. (so that you have time to finish a mission or do what you started already) "in XX time, the game will be down for YY time" (usually is 15 minutes).

Lelanya

Mentor
Yep wifi or data, I STILL get the insulting message that implies there is something wrong at my end. Oh Pauly, if you look closely, the city that's trying to load is on the US server, so no, it's not at some 'convenient' time.
I think the Craftsman Challenge ought to be delayed, if they won't let us build and set 48 hour productions in our cities when it is convenient for us @Muf-Muf @Silmaril

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200530-212905_Elvenar.jpg
    Screenshot_20200530-212905_Elvenar.jpg
    935.5 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

DeletedUser7907

I'm wondering if this is, in fact, planned maintenance? It's taking a ridiculously long time... I can wait the 15mins or so that it normally takes but hours?? That's just insulting with no warning if it is planned.

And I do agree Lelanya, the message on mobile is utterly unhelpful and misleading...

WinterLivia7

Spellcaster
I still don't understand how this selective maintenance is working. Why, on the same server, some can play and some can not? My friends can login, I can't. Why? How? :rolleyes:

I don't think this is "planned maintenance" as the web client claims. Looking at my network traffic, the "planned maintenance" response message comes back from the http request to "https://en1.elvenar.com/game/login" after a 20 second delay with the http status of 500 (Internal Server Error), as if the game server is timing out when trying to verify the logged in user.

It looks like the problem is specific to certain accounts. I created another account and can get in with that account on the "en1" server. I just can't get in with the account that I actually play with on the "en1" server. :(

WinterLivia7

Spellcaster
looking at timestamps of comments it seems this problem appeared about 5h ago. How long will it take to get fixed or at least to get a decent answer from Inno's staff?

Pauly7

Magus
Almost 6 hours ago. So yeah, now I've gone to bed and got back up and the game is still down. Maybe, therefore, it isn't maintenance and something is really wrong. If so it would be helpful to not have a message saying "Maintenance - we'll be back soon".

@Silmaril @trilljay I'd be grateful of some update on this.

Poreab

Dreamer
can't get into game (Winy server) either. I get the loading page, progress bar goes to 12/27, stops for about 30 seconds, then get a "server error" message. Been doing this for hours.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
Its not planned maintenance at all. Its a simple bug :) . That maintenance message you get is just a default screen when something is wrong... :)

It seems to have to do something with rewards from tournament, those who received it already can log in fine (I assume those who didnt participate in tournament can also) while those who haven't gotten them yet, cant log in.

DeletedUser7907

I don't think it's tourney related - got my rewards just fine last night, went to bed, and couldn't log in for over 3hrs this morning. Seems to be working for me now (EN3) but I'd still like to know what happened and to be ensured I'm not going to be bumped off for hours again...