• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

ELVENAR - A GENERAL REVIEW [@ CH. 3]

DeletedUser3446

ELVENAR - A GENERAL REVIEW [@ CH. 3]

Having played and enjoyed many aspects of this excellent game .. I do feel now is a good time to put forward some thoughts and observations distilled from my experience thus far ..in the positive hope to assist further balancing changes at some not too distant future time ..

So it might be possible to judge the relevant level of my understanding of the game .. correct or not ../grin .. my current rank levels are as follows .. my first city was on Winanydor .. I chose ELF Race, and am currently at 8396 / 56294 .. my second city on Arendyll is HUMAN, currently at 16869 / 55837 .. both in Chapter 3 .. [I know it is only ch. 3 , but i believe the points i raise are very much already severely affecting gameplay, with of course, from what i have read, even GREATER imbalances in future chapters .. in my humble view of course ..

Inno, you have an amazingly beautiful, fun and exciting original idea here which got me addicted [for now] just a few weeks back .. but with many of your ideas of development and frankly greed in making diamonds a basic necessity in many areas of the game [EVEN THOUGH YOU MAINTAIN YOU CAN PLAY WITHOUT DIAMONDS] .. you seem to wish to make it so much harder and unbalanced in many ways to continue to be enjoyable ..

You can ask why do we still play, the answer, from me at least, is i'm still excited by the original brilliant concept, the fabulous graphics and the city planning aspect of the gameplay .. but with some of the ways and ideas you seem to believe are good progressions and developments, i do wonder how long this enjoyment willl endure, speaking for myself at least ..

the first depression to hit me was realising how many diamonds would be needed on average to expand your city at just a reasonable rate, in my view, over acceptable periods of time, in order to keep you inspired to continue [AND I DON'T JUST MEAN PROVINCES] .. though the rapidly increasing cost stops THAT option DEAD, as this choice rapidly becomes severely prohibitive after not many expansions .. let alone to allow the faster pace that some players may like to have at least the OPTION TO CHOOSE .. [unless you have VERY deep pockets] .. and seeing how ridiculously expensive you have made diamonds .. especially for us in the UK with pounds and using your very weak and totally biased 'rate of exchange' reasoning for penalising the UK at least [AND IF STERLING GETS STRONGER, AT WHAT POINT DO YOU REDUCE OUR COST ?] .. YES .. you can play the game at a snail's pace without buying any diamonds at all .. BUT all the best Culture buildings with the highest culture per sq can ONLY be bought with diamonds .. and other nexus points / BOTTLENECKS in research or preferred upgrades in the game, not least during these time-forced questline challenges you bring out every so often, which are sometimes made just sufficiently bearable, or even POSSIBLE, ONLY if you complete some of the stages by using your precious diamonds in this ridiculously expensive diamond system ..

the second depression was your unbelievably badly thought through change to the wholesaler on SO MANY LEVELS .. while you may wish to encourage player trading, from what i've found it is incredibly rare to find ANY of the goods being traded that i personally need or want at the times i need them .. and usually not at a reasonable rate of transfer [one star being most common] ... therefore i'm forced to use the wholesaler on 90% of occasions .. BUT the paltry amounts available, combined with the exponentially increasing prohibitive costs of those same stupidly low value trades make it hard to justify even one or two PURCHASES at the lowest reset rate .. let alone later on before any cost resets ..

the third depression .. WAITING for very boring long periods while my supplies and boosted resources accumulate .. nevermind the Un-boosted RESOURCES at the so-slow snail's pace rate .. and you always seem to pretty much need the same amounts of ALL resources to do anything at all .. therefore our city expansion proceeds at a very slow rate determined by the weakest resource accumulation rate which you [innogames] may think you should impose upon us, but with which many players i think find quite reasonably IMHO, extremely frustrating and extremely detrimental to ongoing enjoyment and inspiration .. you [innogames] may believe it is your right to determine how fast or not we players can expand our cities .. IMHO the player happiness level should be a much more important and relevant factor to your planning, development and economical choices for game options ..

but bear in mind that the customer is always right, and time will determine whether or not your development and game balancing choices are good ones or not ... though a WISE DEV TEAM will listen very carefully at all times .. an ARROGANT DEV TEAM who believes they are always right MAY find themselves entering an economical downward death spiral where expensive diamonds cause a severe reduction in the volume bought, causing profits to sharply reduce, leadin maybe to some further price increases, combined with limiting game option choices causing players to be forced to purchase MORE diamonds [or SPECIFICALLY be economically not able to], or to be ever more subject to the frustrations and depression of ever slower game progress and a reducing sense of achievement and enjoyment .. all of which adds up over the medium and long term to a recipe for disaster like a car crash in slow motion ..

A wise choice would be to concentrate on increasing player enjoyment, giving better value options, reducing the cost to play while giving wider choices for players to choose to play at THEIR OWN RATE of expansion .. with my previous experience of life and business in some very sophisticated markets, you can decide to take what i say into consideration or not .. but i would suggest you might do very well if you felt some or all of the above might merit some thought and hopefully action ..

the way to reverse a downward [or a possible SLOW rate of PROFIT increase] trend is to obviously change what causes it .. i look forward to any responses thought worthwhile by players or devs .. and may i also point out that if i didn't very much enjoy and like playing this game .. i wouldn't have spent all the time on this post that i have .. so that hopefully ALL may enjoy a 360 degree WIN / WIN progression ..

i thank you for your attention if you got this far ..

DeletedUser2920

My personal view is that maybe this isn't the sort of game for you. This game isn't about "rush through it at a high speed" type game. It's deliberately designed to be a long term game that can keep you interested for years. You talk about being bored waiting for goods. Er.... why are you sat there waiting for goods? You set the time, you come back later.

You talk about problems in getting goods from others. I've never had that problem, but them I'm in a guild (or whatever they're called) where people will swap regularly, and others around me will too.

Diamonds, not something I buy, are designed to give you a boost. The amount they cost is set out there and you can choose to make the decision to buy or not. The rules of the game are there for a reason, and again, if it's not your type of game then it's not your type of game. Though perhaps if you gave the game a chance without having a preconceived idea of what it's all about, then you might learn to actually like this kind of game, or not.

I like it because I can play a few times a day, and it keeps me interested over a long period of time.

DeletedUser3032

the second depression was your unbelievably badly thought through change to the wholesaler on SO MANY LEVELS .. while you may wish to encourage player trading, from what i've found it is incredibly rare to find ANY of the goods being traded that i personally need or want at the times i need them .. and usually not at a reasonable rate of transfer [one star being most common] ... therefore i'm forced to use the wholesaler on 90% of occasions .. BUT the paltry amounts available, combined with the exponentially increasing prohibitive costs of those same stupidly low value trades make it hard to justify even one or two PURCHASES at the lowest reset rate .. let alone later on before any cost resets ..

@Muf-Muf
I'd just like to point out @Elveya was not a player here when the changes to the Wholesaler came about, so wouldn't know what it was like before and Elveya opinion about it is totally unbiased and is totally warranted. Elveya opinion on it is the same as those who knew the old system, so doesn't that reaffirm that there is problem with the changes which were made... The Elvenar team really need to seriously take on board players feedback and think about the feedback for more than a nanosecond, before they bin it and just implement changes they have dreamed up themselves without any input from the actual players of the game ;/

A wise choice would be to concentrate on increasing player enjoyment, giving better value options, reducing the cost to play while giving wider choices for players to choose to play at THEIR OWN RATE of expansion .. with my previous experience of life and business in some very sophisticated markets, you can decide to take what i say into consideration or not .. but i would suggest you might do very well if you felt some or all of the above might merit some thought and hopefully action ..

You can play as much or as little as you want, but there is a limit to how much Inno what you to expand. Otherwise you would complete the game to quickly and move on to another game. Retention of players in games like this is atrocious. So they do try to make them 50/50 just to keep as many players here. The more players here, the more money they 'should' make from diamond sales. BUT with the 'HUGE' cost of these compared to all the games I've played in the past, I think players are very reluctant to part with their money more than once if at all.

I'd just like to point out something else to @Muf-Muf. With the game now on the mobile app stores, which is opening the game up to a potential 2.6 billion monthly mobile game players (2016 so it's prob 3+billion this year. $41 billion Dec15-Dec16), wouldn't it be a good idea to lower the prices, as inevitably there will be more players signing up from around the world on the new platforms the game is now opened to?????