• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Elven City Planner - new city planning tool

• Thread starter DeletedUser7587
  • Start date

DeletedUser7587

Hello, Everybody!

Some of you who plays in Forge of Empires might already know me as the author of FoE City Planner (foemanager). For those who does not - FoE City Planner is a city planning tool which has been around for more than 2 years, has 100000 registered users and used by more than 1000 people daily.

It's time to contribute to Elvenar's community now. Today, I am releasing the early alpha version of Elven City Planner.

As this is an early Alpha version, limited functionality is available only. Currently, you can import any in-game city (there is a bug right now, and you can import the city from any server but from the world # 1 only) or create new city from scratch. You can put new buildings and rearrange existing ones, as well as to change their levels. Next step in development will be to add city statistics.

This version is for collecting the feedback and ideas and getting support from the community.

A good place to start is the help page available here. Note, you need to register first before you can use the tool. Those who have registered on FoE City Planner before September 5 can use their existing accounts.

You can provide your feedback here or on our forum. Note, our forum requires separate registration (city planner's registration will not work there). And do not forget to share this info with your friends and guild mates.

Happy planning! =)

h4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

pobble

Spellcaster
Hello, I regularly use Elvenarchitect, which is an established tool for planning Elvenar cities. What is your new planner offering that is different from Elvenarchitect?

DeletedUser5306

Although a huge Elvenarchitect fan, I am giving your city planning tool a try.

I have just started using it and it seems very pleasant until now. One obvious difference I see, which is also shown in the picture you have attached, is that instead of a plan with geometric squares and rectangles we have a real 3D view at our city, like our real city live!

Time will tell which one I will be ending using more, and I will try to give honest feedback later on, but in any case congratulation for your beautiful work and thank you for giving us tools to enjoy this game even more.

Cheers!

DeletedUser7587

Hello, I regularly use Elvenarchitect, which is an established tool for planning Elvenar cities. What is your new planner offering that is different from Elvenarchitect?

Currently, Elven city planner is in alpha version, and only limited functionality is available. I released it to collect the feedback. Actually, current version already has main unique things, not available in Elvenarchitect - 3D view with all the graphics and more easier in-game city importing process (I am using my own code base, not relying on other websites). Right now I am working on adding city statistics.

DeletedUser6967

it won't load my city, and also has level 33 residence?
elvenar spoilers ahead

DeletedUser6967

it is a great app, 3d is awesome.
once a few bugs are ironed out it will be more popular than elvenarchitect.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
Feedback: i dont see a feedback button on the planner so doing it here:

golden abyss and tome of secret seems to be wrongly layouted.
when building a new building i seem to be only able to go to lvl 23, anything higher i cant place.
there are indeed some assets allready available for unreleased content. and other new assets arent available yet. for example houses, workshops, trader and main hall of next GR is available, but the T3 manufactories arent available yet. Id suggest you either make sure you got it all or nothing at all yet.

DeletedUser7587

it won't load my city, and also has level 33 residence?
elvenar spoilers ahead
If you have issues importing the city, please, report it with following info so I can test on my side: 1) Server, 2) World, 3) Player name (the one you use for importing)

LazyTony

Sorcerer
I've tried to import my city a few times, and there are no errors displayed, but it just goes back to the saved cities screen.

LazyTony, En2.

DeletedUser7587

I've tried to import my city a few times, and there are no errors displayed, but it just goes back to the saved cities screen.

LazyTony, En2.
And do you notice new item on dashboard? it will not open the city automatically, it will create the tile on the dashboard screen which you need to open.

DeletedUser7587

LazyTony, En2.
OK, indeed, it cannot import it. But actually you see the error message briefly, at the bottom. I will investigate, but probably during the weekend - very busy at work now

DeletedUser7587

Chrome
The PC is 19 months old and Chrome updated in January
That's strange. Sometimes people reporting this issue, but this looks like a glitch. Not sure about the reason, as Chrome keeps Flash player updated. Can you try to update the browser to latest version and/or clear the cache?

DeletedUser6967

brightblazeblade
en3

if you don't mind me asking where you got the level 33 residences and other workshops and such, where did you get them?

DeletedUser7587

brightblazeblade
en3

if you don't mind me asking where you got the level 33 residences and other workshops and such, where did you get them?
Actually, i have just piece of software which i wrote and which automatically gets data from the elvenar's server. Probably they included those buildings into the data they are sending to the original game. I do not have any hidden data. Everything in Elven city planner is from open resources

DeletedUser7587

brightblazeblade
en3

OK, that's a bug in my city planner - currently, you can import the city only from world #1 (any server). Other worlds fails. Will try to fix it during weekend.

DeletedUser6967

well, thanks to your awesome code we know now the next guest race is robot insect things. I zoomed in to the guest race building.