• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Elven architect - City planning tool, and more.

DeletedUser3251

I think if you just add an s at the end of http in the url you get from ES it will also work. I could do that to all my exported links and they worked just fine.

Elvenstats was unable to import a link/url. There was nothing to add an "s" to.

DeletedUser7947

Nice tool. I think I found a missing building, or at least with other stats: "Elvenade Supply Carriage" which gives me at chapter III 280 culture bonus, and a Coin Rain 15% every 96h. It is an expiring building (I think :)).

m4rt1n

Adept
I'm currently unable to access elvenarchitect either directly or through elvenstats.
Is it just me or an issue with the site?

Edit: elvenarchitect now loads again, but I cannot currently get my city to load through elvenstats.

Last edited:

DeletedUser5976

I am having trouble as well (and others in my FS have mentioned this also). When I want to create a link to my city (to save after changes) it takes several tries to get it to create a link. The problem of loading through Elvenstats may also have something to do with this problem of creating links.

m4rt1n

Adept
I'm trying to fit in the best setup for my shape of the constructs settlement currently but am having to use a new elvenarchitect set up and measure the squares as my city will still not load from elvenstats, that despite clearing my full cache and trying from scratch. I couldn't even get elvenarchitect to load at all for 12 hours today. I almost got my son's lego out after remembering a comment by @SoggyShorts :p
I do appreciate all the effort @Konniver and hope the issue can be solved soon, thank you. :)

Konniver

Bard
It should be sorted now. The issue was on EA's end, not ES. Thanks for letting me know. :)

The database reached capacity again so I've now added another one to the cluster. I'm soon going have to change the way imports are saved because this'll just happen again in a few months and many imports are for one-time use only, so no sense in letting them hog the space ... nearly 1.2m saved plans just by link.

m4rt1n

Adept
It should be sorted now. The issue was on EA's end, not ES. Thanks for letting me know. :)

The database reached capacity again so I've now added another one to the cluster. I'm soon going have to change the way imports are saved because this'll just happen again in a few months and many imports are for one-time use only, so no sense in letting them hog the space ... nearly 1.2m saved plans just by link.

Thank you @Konniver hugely appreciated by me. :)

Maybe add a 30 day auto delete feature if possible. ;)

Deleted User - 1759805

First of all, thanks for the awesome tool. As far as pruning of the database is concerned, is it possible to add flag on the user end that would mean that a particular layout is somewhat permanent? Off by default of course. My usecase if that I am linking to some of the layouts in my blog, and it would suck if these layouts get deleted automagically. Of course, there is a zillion of layouts that I create just by loading from ES, and most of those are indeed transient.

Thanks!

DeletedUser5976

Thank you Konniver. I wouldn't be able to play this game without the architect anymore I think. As the buildings become bigger and higher it is impossible to see everything and Elvenarchitect is the only way of efficiently designing my city without pen and paper or lego ;).

Konniver

Bard
First of all, thanks for the awesome tool. As far as pruning of the database is concerned, is it possible to add flag on the user end that would mean that a particular layout is somewhat permanent? Off by default of course. My usecase if that I am linking to some of the layouts in my blog, and it would suck if these layouts get deleted automagically. Of course, there is a zillion of layouts that I create just by loading from ES, and most of those are indeed transient.

A while back I had to put a 3 month expiry period on all plans from the date they were last accessed. So the plans will live as long as people are reading your blog, and clicking on the links of course.

I'll only be changing the way the plans are transferred between the two sites. It'll mean that any ones that you want to keep will have to be saved manually. About 45% of the plans are created and then never looked at again. If that proves successful, I can then relax the expiration period.

Thank you Konniver. I wouldn't be able to play this game without the architect anymore I think. As the buildings become bigger and higher it is impossible to see everything and Elvenarchitect is the only way of efficiently designing my city without pen and paper or lego ;).

There's no such thing as a bad excuse when playing with Lego :)

Deleted User - 1759805

A while back I had to put a 3 month expiry period on all plans from the date they were last accessed. So the plans will live as long as people are reading your blog, and clicking on the links of course.
Konniver, do you mind a technical question? How do you determine the last access? Are you tracking HTTP requests, or do you detect it somewhere in JS code?

The reason I am asking is that I am running broken link check on a periodic basis, and wonder if that would keep links alive by itself. It only checks HTTP response though, so no JS is being executed.

Thanks!

Konniver

Bard
Konniver, do you mind a technical question? How do you determine the last access? Are you tracking HTTP requests, or do you detect it somewhere in JS code?

The reason I am asking is that I am running broken link check on a periodic basis, and wonder if that would keep links alive by itself. It only checks HTTP response though, so no JS is being executed.

Thanks!

Oops, completely missed this question.

A JS AJAX request on page load retrieves the saved plan, and that request refreshes the last accessed field in the database. Note that this has changed on the next version of the site (still in development), which will do it by HTTP request.

Konniver

Bard
Some Updates

Sorry this has taken a while but adding a new dimension to building advancement through evolution was playing havoc with the city planner and its reporting but it should all be sorted now.

Feature: You can now specify the stage of a building from both the build menu and the right-click menu, and values in the report will calculate correctly.

Note that any plans created prior to this update will not have their stage correctly set, make sure to update them to see the correct values in the report.

Bugfix: There was a bug that causing some plans to not load but this is now be fixed.

Deleted User - 1759805

Oops, completely missed this question.

A JS AJAX request on page load retrieves the saved plan, and that request refreshes the last accessed field in the database. Note that this has changed on the next version of the site (still in development), which will do it by HTTP request.
Thanks. So it sounds that simple HTTP pull (that doesn't evaluate JS) won't be refreshing last accessed timestamp. OK, I'll have to think about that...

DeletedUser5093

The phoenix population and culture now updates correctly with level, but it doesn't appear to change productions.

DeletedUser8925

Really nice tool, love the city planner and today i heard about building comparison, tryed it, but it seems its pretty useless. I try to filter culture buildings by chapter(i am on chapter II so i need I and II) and try to turn off the event and premium buildings but filters dont work, it shows me construct culture buildings that i can buy for diamonds and from events.

Deleted User - 1759805

it seems its pretty useless
Strong words for someone in chapter 2.

Try this:
Kind: Standard
Level/Chapter: none selected
Race: Elves or Humans
Type: Cultural (you can add streets as well)

You will get what you want, except it includes buildings from chapters 1-5, not just 1-2. Considering there is only a dozen or so buildings, that's not a big deal. And you generally don't need a comparison tool for standard buildings in those chapters. The later buildings are better culture per tile, it's as simple as that.

The power of the tool comes from comparing special/event buildings - there are tons of those, and each can be of any chapter.