• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Elven architect - City planning tool, and more.

Konniver

Bard
--- Update ---

To take much of the pain and repetition out of planning cities, there is now a Macros feature in the city planner. It allows you to perform simple actions, in bulk, in an instant. These include:

0e0YOX3.png

Of course, this is just a start and more actions will be added over time, so suggestions are welcome!

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
hi, the tool looks nice now... buuuuut... when using elvenstat to import my city (en1) I'm getting a layout that is more than (around/perhaps) 24h old : some buildings that I moved recently are still where they were previously... is there a timer for loading all the cities regularly ? Why not a dynamic import, only when requested, to save servers access ?

Anyway, congrats, that's a lot of work that must be very helpfull in its present form... I don't even understand how you can get data from flash to import the cities layout, I'm stunned :eek:

Okay, I found how to refresh my city ... through the FS list...

Last edited:

DeletedUser6243

hi, the tool looks nice now... buuuuut... when using elvenstat to import my city (en1) I'm getting a layout that is more than (around/perhaps) 24h old : some buildings that I moved recently are still where they were previously... is there a timer for loading all the cities regularly ? Why not a dynamic import, only when requested, to save servers access ?

You have the option to refresh now from the elven architect link also now. :)

2018-03-22_05-15-08.png

DeletedUser3985

Firstly, thanks a bunch for all your time and hard work creating this website. It is immensely helpful, especially with the new import feature in tandem with ElvenStats.

Secondly, will the Wishing Well event building be added to the site? I couldn't help but notice its absence when designing my city.

Konniver

Bard
City Planner - Advanced Reporting

This update has been in the works for quite a while now but it's finally here. Although the report in the city planner hasn't seemed to change much aesthetically, it is now interactive and much more powerful, providing customisation and breakdown on all aspects of your city.
  • Customisable variables allow you to set values in your city that affect the bonuses and production of certain buildings. These include: culture bonus, completed provinces, battle squadsize, boosted goods, and ranking points for world map progress and tournaments.

• Configurable production means you are no longer limited to only daily production cycles. It is now possible to set your preferred option on each building. Note: Due to increasing complexity, the ability to mix options has been removed for now.

• Report breakdowns give you an insight to how certain values are calculated and how efficient each building is in that metric.

• Added resources to the production report: divine seeds and sentient goods. Note: Goods are automatically shown on the report if you have at least one building capable of producing that good.

• Ranking points breakdown has been recategorised to reflect the way it is displayed in game.

Preview

Bug fixes
  • Settings in the city planner are now persistent across all plans.

Konniver

Bard
Update: Building Highlighting

For a while now, one of the most popular requests has been along of lines of …

"Can you add an icon to buildings that have/need/are [insert building attribute here]?".

These requests would vary depending on what was important to the individual player, and implementing all at once would make for a very icon-ey plan, particularly on smaller buildings.

There is now a new map control called Highlight, found in the Settings popup of the city planner. It allows you highlight buildings that meet a chosen criteria, such as:
  • Buildings that provide population
  • Buildings that produce mana
  • Buildings that require a street connection to the townhall
  • Set buildings
Highlight control in the Settings popup
40-settings-highlight.png

Highlighted buildings that produce mana
40-produces-mana.png

Konniver

Bard
Important Update Regarding Saving In The City Planner

On the 23rd November 2018, there will be some changes made to the website that will affect saves made with the city planner.

Saving by Browser

The website will start enforcing secure connections by moving from HTTP to the HTTPS protocol. Browsers do not recognise that these are the same website, so saves made in the HTTP version will no longer be accessable.

Old: http://www.elvenarchitect.com/
New: https://www.elvenarchitect.com/

For the next few weeks, you can move your city plan to the HTTPS version by using one of the other save methods, and then start using the secure version immediately.

Saving by Link

Space is constantly being added to keep up with demand for saving with this method and I'm unable to add more without a significant increase in hosting costs. So it's about to time to start cleaning some of the old plans out to make space for the new.
  • City plans that have not been viewed in the past 6 months will be deleted.
  • All other city plans are safe!
You can refresh the expiry date on your plan by simply visiting it.

Please note ...

Once these changes have been made, I will not be able to restore any of your city plans that are no longer accessible.

DeletedUser3251

Is this Nov 23 update messing with the city planner? I've been trying for hours to load my city to Architect so I can plan a new layout, and keep getting a "
warning
Unable to create import link at this time. Please try again later."

DeletedUser3251

Thanks Konniver, it's working again for now.

Sounds as if it might be a mis-direct from ES's end. Hope they get it sorted for you.

DeletedUser5976

I think if you just add an s at the end of http in the url you get from ES it will also work. I could do that to all my exported links and they worked just fine.

And let me take this opportunity to thank you for the very cool site Konniver.