• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Elven architect - City planning tool, and more.

Konniver

Bard
Development on this has been on pause for a while but finally found some time to finish the next version of the battle simulator.

The old version had become horrendously out of date in terms in battle logic and only allowed for 1vs1 battles. The new version brings the following features:
  • Allows battles for up to 5vs8 squads
  • Damage and health increases from wonder bonuses can be specified
  • Try different tactics by changing AI behaviour of your and enemy squads.
  • A scoring system allows you to compare different army compositions or behaviour
  • A more detailed battle log that allows toggling of precise values
  • Improvements to the battle logic:
    • Better calculations on unit bonuses and debuffs
    • Unit movement and attack range are taken into account

Try out the new Battle Simulator

cwgiii

Shaman
Is anyone else having a problem accessing the city planning tool?

I am getting the following error:
HTTP Error 401.2 - Unauthorized
You are not authorized to view this page due to invalid authentication headers.

DeletedUser4816

Is anyone else having a problem accessing the city planning tool?

I am getting the following error:
HTTP Error 401.2 - Unauthorized
You are not authorized to view this page due to invalid authentication headers.

i have the same error/problem

Konniver

Bard
It should be back up now. No updates were being made, I think it was a problem with the hosting provider so I just reset the site.

DeletedUser441

I prefer using my own mind, though appreciate others may find it useful. ;) :)

Konniver

Bard
The long-awaited guest race, known as the Elementals, have now arrived on the EN servers (with the other communities to follow soon), bringing with them new buildings, goods, and mechanics.
  • 10 cultural buildings
  • 7 settlement buildings
  • 2 wonders:
    • Sunset Towers - Rewards seeds and reduces seeds decay
    • Victory Springs - Increases light melee strength and quickens Training Grounds production
They can all be found in the city planner and buildings pages. The Light Melee Strength Increase has been unlocked in the battle simulator's advanced settings.

DeletedUser5679

This is an astounding aide! Thanks Konniver!

Btw I suppose it is not possible to somehow upload your present city to the city-planner?

Konniver

Bard
This new tool has been ready awaiting polish for ages while work was made on other features.
  • Training Calculator - Experiment with different buildings to learn how many troops you can train, how long they will take to produce, and just how much it will cost you.
Many of you may know of these sites already, but it's worth highlighting them as a great source of information and tools to assist in playing Elvenar.
  • Elvenar Gems of Knowledge - Find all the Gems of Knowledge you need to play the game of Elvenar even better. Includes spoilers and guides for all levels of play.
  • ElvenStats - Import your city in one click with elvenstats.com! They also have fellowship goods tracking, match-making, score history, and more.

Tiriake

Soothsayer
ElvenStats - Import your city in one click with elvenstats.com! They also have fellowship goods tracking, match-making, score history, and more.

That's useful! Even if that site thinks that my tier1 boost is marble, when it really is planks. Marble is my T4 boost. However that's just a small thing. Lots of info :) Anyway I really like that I can see my city in elvenarchitect with one click. That's awesome!

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Elven stats does look great, but unfortunately it doesn't cover EN2, my server. :(

Edit: After contacting the very helpful site owner, he will be adding EN2 and EN3 tomorrow, EN1 is there right now.

Last edited:

m4rt1n

Adept
I was wondering if there is a way to remove an expansion on the architect, as I was trying out different possibilities for my guest race, with upcoming expansions and where they could work best, but now cannot remove the ones I won't get for a long time.

Superb tool though for trying things out. :)

cwgiii

Shaman
If not built into the tool, you could always clear your browser history and start over. Does not take that long to rebuild it.

m4rt1n

Adept
For now I made an X with paths in the unavailable ones as I will get them in a month or 2, thanks anyway.

Konniver

Bard
I was wondering if there is a way to remove an expansion on the architect, as I was trying out different possibilities for my guest race, with upcoming expansions and where they could work best, but now cannot remove the ones I won't get for a long time.

There are in fact two ways to do it :)

1) In 'Expand' mode, click on any unlocked expansion to lock it again. These will have a slight tint of red on it

2) In any mode, right-click on the expansion and select 'Lock'.

O4MZKYu.png

m4rt1n

Adept
I like how things are progressing, and a suggestion would be to move an entire line of residences up one space, for example a row of 10 residences waiting for a MH upgrade need to all move up one to the right x2 after the upgrade. Also a nice addition would be the ability to +1 a building level without having to delete and rebuild.

Sorry for being picky as I really appreciate the effort already put in , thank you :)

Konniver

Bard
Also a nice addition would be the ability to +1 a building level without having to delete and rebuild.

This is already present. Right-clicking on a building will open a contextual menu, allowing you to change the building level among other things :)