• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Elven architect - City planning tool, and more.

Konniver

Bard
With a new event now available for testing on beta, Halloween is coming!, the following exclusive event buildings have been added (to the Elven Architect):
  • Scream of Halloween (Cultural / Residential) - A shivering Scream in picturesque but horrific scenery.
  • Daunting Pumpkins (Cultural) - A spiry formation of spooky pumpkins, awakened by Lord Pumpkin himself.
The city planner has a new feature:
  • Basic production reporting has been added to the Report. Certain resources will only appear if at least one building producing that resource is built (goods, orcs, mana).

Last edited:

DeletedUser479

great work there
if you don't mind a suggestion
how about adding Training Size and training speed

Konniver

Bard
Having come back from a break (from coding more than anything else), the following updates have been made up to and including 1.21 on beta.
  • In the units area, updates have been included on units available in the Training Grounds, which includes the new Banshee unit.
  • In the buildings area ...
    • Levels and chapters that aren't currently available have been hidden. Only those up to the current chapter (Chapter IX - Woodelves) will be shown.
    • The filters on tables have had various improvements made to them, which should make them more intuitive.
  • Some logistical coding in preparation for the next guest race.
-- Update --
  • In the city planner tool, the Report sidebar has been improved:
    • Some metrics have been merged for readability.
    • Training size is now displayed.
    • The amount of coins and supplies used by your goods buildings and armories are now displayed.

Last edited:

Konniver

Bard
Since the release of this website, one of the most frequent suggestion has been to localize the site into a user's respective language. It's been quite the task but I'm pleased to announce that most of the key areas of the site has been translated into both German and French.

Localization does not just include written text but the display formats of numbers and dates, too, so it should feel a little more natural to those players.

Use the switcher on the top menu if you would prefer to use another language.

DeletedUser3034

Since the release of this website, one of the most frequent suggestion has been to localize the site into a user's respective language. It's been quite the task but I'm pleased to announce that most of the key areas of the site has been translated into both German and French.

Localization does not just include written text but the display formats of numbers and dates, too, so it should feel a little more natural to those players.

Use the switcher on the top menu if you would prefer to use another language.

While of no use to me personally, I applaud this and commend those who made it happen.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Elvenarchitect contains infos on buildings that aren't yet in the game, not even talking of the wiki...
Can someone tell me where we can find the sources of those infos ?
Thanks in advance. ;)

Konniver

Bard
Elvenarchitect contains infos on buildings that aren't yet in the game, not even talking of the wiki...
Can someone tell me where we can find the sources of those infos ?
Thanks in advance. ;)

Hi tonton. Elven Architect is used a lot by beta players, so it will contain buildings that may not be on the live servers yet.

Konniver

Bard
Most recent updates have related to the upcoming guest race, which is currently released on beta, but here are a few that changes that may interest you all.
  • Sorcerer and Dragons now present a choice between cultural buildings that focus more on either Culture or Mana. So the mana index page has been added to help determine which buildings provide mana most efficiently.
  • A few changes to the city planner
    • Any changes in the Settings popup are now saved across sessions.
    • The Build popup now shows basic information on a building's size and any population or culture given.
      20-build-popup.png

• The context menu on event buildings (activated by right click) now allows you to change its chapter.
  • Updated German and French translations.
  • I'm aware that the contact form does not work currently and am working with the hosting company to rectify. Please use private messages on this forum if you wish to contact me in the meantime.

DeletedUser3312

Hi, thank you for this tool, it is really great for rearranging your city. However, when you have lots of small buildings, the process can be a little slow. I have a suggestion that could save a lot of time when you are designing your city. I call it shift+drag:

In Build mode, hold down shift, then keep your left mouse button pressed and drag your mouse cursor. In the free space along your cursor's path new copies of the building will be built.
In the following example 7 buildings would be placed if the mouse is dragged along the red line:
LXueUA1.png

In Sell mode the process would be similar, but only copies of the first selected building will be sold, to prevent accidental selling of buildings.
In the example below, the first building selected is a road, so only roads will be deleted if the mouse is dragged along the red line:
bDUjxmm.png

cwgiii

Shaman
This may not be the "correct" place to ask but I thought I would throw it out there...

I just won the Summer Flower Cage in the Easter event. But I can't seem to find it in the Elven Architect. It does not appear with the other Event buildings, nor in the Culture buildings. Does anyone know if I am missing something, or is this pending some sort of update (since I did not see this building listed with others on "Spoiler" sites like crazy wizard's)? Is there a place to report items like this within the Architect program?

Thanks in advance,

Chuck

DeletedUser3097

I just won the Summer Flower Cage in the Easter event.

It looks very similar to the Rainbow Flower Cage I have already... not sure which event it was from..

rainbow flower cage.jpg

Rainbow Flower Cage
----------------------------------------------------
similar but not identical

summer flower cage.png

Summer Flower Cage

Last edited by a moderator:

cwgiii

Shaman
Thanks Lizzie. I actually have the image (since I won the item). I am more concerned with updating my city in the planner to keep it in sync with the game version. I know it is a small item, but (for that very reason) I don't want to forget about it as I move forward in the game.

cwgiii

Shaman
Ah, thanks so much Lizzie. I will compare the numbers and see if it is compatible.

Sorry about the confusion. Now I understand. I did not realize that this particular structure had been introduced earlier in the game and was re-issued during the spring event. I was jumping forward in the list of event buildings and looking in the sequence that included the Easter event buildings. Thanks for helping me find it Lizzie.

Last edited by a moderator:

Konniver

Bard
However, when you have lots of small buildings, the process can be a little slow. I have a suggestion that could save a lot of time when you are designing your city. I call it shift+drag:

Thanks for the demonstration explaining your idea. There are a few things I have planned for the future in speeding up planning.

I'm quite keen to keep the controls intuitive by mapping them as close to the game as possible, meaning that the drag action will only be used for moving the map.

A great example is right-click. It serves no purpose in the game yet is quite powerful in the city planner. Many users still don't know about it.

I just won the Summer Flower Cage in the Easter event. But I can't seem to find it in the Elven Architect. It does not appear with the other Event buildings, nor in the Culture buildings.

The Summer Flower Cage has always been there, just not grouped with the other Easter Event buildings. The Summer Flower Cage was released in last years Summer Event (I believe), so it appears much further up in the list. The Search bar at the top of the table also makes for quick work ;)

Konniver

Bard
Version 1.27 has gone live on the international servers, but has not yet reached other communities. Therefore both the Beta and English versions of the Elven Architect have the updated values for ancient wonders, while the German and French versions continue to use the older values until their game worlds have been updated.

The following changes have been made to the Report on the city planner: