• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Elven architect - City planning tool, and more.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
dank dank dank, super

Translation:
thanks, thanks, thanks, super

Edited: Zanyah - 2016-07-10 - provided a translation for the Dutch word 'dank' -
Note: 'dank' as an English word = 'humid' ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Q09qvqO.png

first draft for the orc town, thanks for the "beta" option. had to mess around for a few days before comming up with this design.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Actuallty no, it's quite high for me.
I gave up culture bonusses a long time ago, I can use the space much more efficient than going for a bonus that requires a mere 50k extra culture.

Konniver

Bard
An update from the Elven Architect:

Thank you all of your feedback and suggestions. After consideration, the following changes have been made to the city planner:
  • The version switcher has been removed in favour of always having the latest game version available, including buildings found on beta. Less clicking for everyone!
  • You are now able to place buildings outside of the grid to free up room to make adjustments to your city.

8-outside-storage.png

• Inside the Save / Load popup, a city can now be saved as a link, which you can share with your friends or for use on forums. For example:

http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/b77088dd91c6483abb2386cda54d3f79/

Konniver

Bard
Have been on a bit of a break this week, but managed to squeeze in this update to the Elven Architect:

Buildings belonging to the event Summer Soltice have been added to the city planner, which can be found in the Build menu, under the Events tab.

These new event buildings do not have levels like most other buildings, but its characteristics are determined by the chapter they are obtained in, so make sure to choose the right one.

DeletedUser1925

So called "special" buildings are soon useless. Not worth the space if you ask me and this again favors older players.

One more thing, could you add description (stats) if you go over certain building?

Thanks for the tool update.

DeletedUser1775

This tool is such a god sent, thank you so much for all your effort and time on this. :)

Konniver

Bard
One more thing, could you add description (stats) if you go over certain building?

I actually had something like this already in but was a bit glitchy so took it out for the time being. Will work on it more when I'm back next week.

So called "special" buildings are soon useless. Not worth the space if you ask me and this again favors older players.

Not exactly true. The event buildings are some of the best culture providers while non-premium ones don't even come close, and looks to be strong for any city for at least couple of ages.

yIItQ3h.png

DeletedUser1925

I actually had something like this already in but was a bit glitchy so took it out for the time being. Will work on it more when I'm back next week.

Not exactly true. The event buildings are some of the best culture providers while non-premium ones don't even come close, and looks to be strong for any city for at least couple of ages.

yIItQ3h.png

But I'm not wrong either. Because If is done this way:
If you are in chapter 1/2/3 and you are active player: You soon overgrown all venar's rocks. Or i'm wrong?

I hope the part on screen will be soon available.

Konniver

Bard
That is true, but that's the plight of premium culture buildings too. Eventually other buildings will catch up as your progress.

There'll be other event buildings and if they aren't upgradable, then I'm sure Inno will introduce something like that in Forge of Empires, the Renovation Kit (upgrade an event building to your current age).

... and yes, this page will be available soon :)

DeletedUser1925

That is true, but that's the plight of premium culture buildings too. Eventually other buildings will catch up as your progress.

There'll be other event buildings and if they aren't upgradable, then I'm sure Inno will introduce something like that in Forge of Empires, the Renovation Kit (upgrade an event building to your current age).

... and yes, this page will be available soon :)

I stopped Playing FoE because is too boring, you can't do much (has even more stupid restrictions). Evelnar seemed better on start but with every update it looks more like FoE.

Glad to hear update is coming soon.

Konniver

Bard
New pages on the Elven Architect, as promised...

So players can better assess which buildings provide the best value per tile on various metrics, new pages have been added to the site:
Note: This area has been released early so players can evaluate which event buildings are better saving their Moon Splinters for. Other pages (such as building details pages) have been temporarily removed and will become available in the future.

DeletedUser1925

Great! One quick thing: Can you add to sort/filter by level/chapters?

Example: Only chapter 2
Example 2: Only Level 5

Konniver

Bard
It's been a while, but here's an update from the Elven Architect:

The reporting feature on the city planner tool has had a few enhancements:
  • Coverage now includes a guest race classification, which no longer affects the goods or streets classifications.
  • The Settings menu has new options that affect the report:
    • Automatically refresh the report as you build.
    • Ignore buildings placed outside of the grid.
  • To protect against accidental loss when navigating away from the page, if unsaved changes are detected then a prompt will be displayed to confirm your decision.
Also, the buildings area has had some new additions from the beta server:
  • All buildings now have complete effects.
  • The new event culture building, Wonky Walter's.
--

Thank you to all who've been reporting bugs and making suggestions. They really help in making better tools for everyone.

Last edited:

Konniver

Bard
A large update has been done to the Elven Architect, with plenty to talk about.

• The controversial battle redesign (1.15) has been released to all worlds, shaking up the way battles are done. As a result, some new pages have been added to this website:
    • A units area, containing details on all battle units available.
    • A battle simulator tool, allowing you to experiment with and familiarise yourself with the units' new strengths and weaknesses.
  • The next guest race, the Wood Elves (1.16), have arrived on beta bringing with them new buildings and resources, which have all been added to the buildings area and city planner tool.
  • Production buildings now include the cost with each produced resource.