• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Elvarian Games Event

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the new Elvarian Games Event Event.

We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Laurelin

Sorcerer
Very much agree on the over-use of 'Produce Goods' Quests... and as the Quests progress, the amounts of Goods demanded keep increasing as well. I *think* there were, at one point, three back-to-back Quests demanding large amounts of Goods (or at least two, and I think more than once - it certainly felt like it!). The other noticeably over-used type of Quest, in my opinion, are those demanding [high numbers of] Encounters (Spire, Tourney, Province, rinse, repeat) and/or Relics (which effectively entails completing Encounters, of course, barring a few Relics earned via Neighbourly Help, where available, and/or the odd fortunate coincidence of 'Craft Relics' Recipes in the Magic Academy).

While I find the 'Produce Goods' Quests very tedious and, at my stage (Woodelves), overly demanding in terms of quantity, at least those Quests can be completed acceptably quickly by using MM Spells to boost Manufactories and also by timing the Goods productions of existing Evolving Buildings to coincide with Quest completions (even though I do find it rather annoying having to delay the pick-up of 24-hourly productions by anything up to another 24 hours, depending on Quest order) - and as such, the 'Produce Goods' Quests don't have a permanently detrimental effect upon my City.

However, the same cannot be said when it comes to the frequency and, again, high demands of the 'Gain Relics' and 'Complete Encounters' Quests. In terms of how often these Quests are appearing, and how many Relics/Encounters are demanded, this Event seems similar to but even more demanding than the last (which itself was noticeably heavy on such Quests), and as a result of playing only the past 1½ Events, each being very heavy on such Quests, my formerly never-overscouted status has now altered to being a dozen Provinces overscouted already (again, I am only in Woodelves, and still at least a couple of weeks away from finishing the Chapter), and I'm very much not happy about that.

I am, of course, fortunate to be past the 'Orc Wall' (and to be aware that it exists...), but what of Cities which have yet to reach the Orcs & Goblins Chapter, and which aren't even aware that they will reach the 'Orc Wall' point if they continue to complete Provinces at the rate which the past couple of Events have demanded - or even players like me, who are able to fight or Cater Provinces at 'Medium' difficulty or above if necessary, but who simply prefer to explore the Map slowly and thus keep the Province difficulty level low and cheap (as the game itself advises that we should)?

And yes, I do know that most Event Quests offer the alternative of either/or Spire/Tourney Encounters instead of Province Encounters, especially if one is willing to wait through the days when Spire/Tourney aren't available (or not feasible, due to being too difficult) before continuing with the Event Quests which demand Encounters. However, why make players wait like this - it's hardly the epitome of fun, after all, even assuming that newer players even realise why it's not the best idea just to forge ahead and substitute a large number of Province Encounters when Spire/Tourney are either unavailable or impractical due to difficulty levels.

In my view, Events shouldn't force heavily encourage players into making choices which are known to be, at best, poor ideas in gameplay terms - such as overscouting. Surely there must be something else the Quests could ask for than Encounters, Relics, Encounters, Goods, Relics, Encounters, Goods....?!

Last edited:

FieryArien

Necromancer
There should really be a way to tell from which chapter’s perspective people are talking. I mean I have two cities and I can give these two feedbacks. Both are true:
- The amount of standard goods requested in the quests is crazy high.
- I’m quite fine with the basic goods quests and the amounts they ask.

The difference is last chapter city (is it 18th already?) vs. 15th chapter city. Both have also the Mermaid, both have some Libraries.

Hekata

Artisan
There should really be a way to tell from which chapter’s perspective people are talking.
Indeed. I have one city in chapter 14 and one in chapter 15. I am sure that the amounts in chapter 18 are insane as they seem to have dialled everything up in the last 3 chapters.
I was just going by the fact that I produce goods all the time (and can use MM spells + I also have mermaids, a couple of libraries and a few very good good set/event buildings that produce goods) so those quests, while a bit monotonous, ultimately don't disturb my game play. Having a lot of "gain 25 VVs" quests, like we used to, was more annoying to me because you'd often get stuck with rounds of useless recipes or recipes whose total is about 7 VVs, so I had the choice between spending diamonds to speed up the process or craft a bunch of useless things or take forever to finish that quest.
Obviously I'd prefer if we had neither too many "gain standard goods" quests nor too many "gain VVs", especially not 3 in a row of the same like we often have, but if I have to choose between the two "gaining goods" seems like lesser evil so to speak.
But ultimately, as you said, quest difficulty varies from chapter to chapter and I can only give feedback on the event based on the chapter where I am currently.

Almondum

Spellcaster
Hello,

I'm a casual player who is about to finish the Orcs chapter.

What I liked, felt that was well done:
- The bonus reward with royal restorations(!) for opening more "chests/rings" like in the previous event. This was a strong incentive for me to participate in the event
- The evolving building that offers a choice(!). I really like this feature and I hope it will return.
- The repeating of certain daily prizes that are very useful (e.g. Manta Ray, Manta Boat)
- The new type of event quests that allow me to choose which goal I want to persue (I have been away for many months). I hope this feature remains and is further improved/refined.

What annoyed me:
- Sometimes there were quests asking for a lot of goods, several quests in a row. I understand that the further we advance the harder it should be, but the quests that asked for large amount of goods were almost consecutive and this was really bothersome. Maybe there could also be an option for this objective to do something else? Or some other quest that requires us to craft certain items? Like "Craft x3 Royal Beds" or "Obtain x3 Catalysts"
- Certain daily prizes felt very weak, for instance "x10 Ancient wonder Instant" or "Portal Profit 10%". They are useful, but in comparison to other daily prizes, they feel "smaller".

Thanks for reading and have fun,
Almond

Gargon667

Mentor
If you ask me these quests are all way too easy. No matter if goods or encounters or relics or VV.
Everybody (I know not really everybody, but far too many) talks about the event like it is already in the past (which it of course mostly is), because most people apparently have finished nearly all the quests and are waiting for the daily 1 quest...
The event is 1 week old and we have 2 weeks left and everybody is done. So most certainly far too easy.

More variety would be nice. But in the end, what do I really care, I collect stuff and click next, no matter what it says lol.

In my case every event is the same, takes me about 2 (or max 3 days) during the first tourney to (more or less) finish the quest line. I rarely bother with the event until the tourney starts, or I get those early shanty town quests out the way until then... After the quest line is finished, I hardly even look at what the quest asks, I do my morning collection and if it´s not done automatically I do a few encounters. My biggest problem is to remember to actually go in on the 1 day with the daily reward I decided on (usually a troop instant) and then spend it all...
I wish they could come up and put up a real challenge some time. Make a second quest line with tough quests and worthwhile rewards and I´ll spend hours strategizing and setting timers and whatnot again. The way it is, I couldn´t be more bored...

Gargon667

Mentor
Gargon must be really blessed. Can’t say the same. I do think the quests are tough and certainly do not wish it to be tougher.
Blessed? Who would dare bless me! I´ll bite them if they try. I need no blessing, I have 14 spire libraries :p Well that and still my 12 T1 factories from last FA. takes care of goods quests in no time :D And I don´t even bother wasting MM enchantments on them for events.

DeletedUser6472

With the crappy prizes, that they offer, I do not wish for the events to get any harder, it's fine as it is now :cool:. I'm happy to finish all the quests in 2-3 days and forget all about it.

OldHag

Necromancer
Another evolving building.........yawn.

Gargon667

Mentor
With the crappy prizes, that they offer, I do not wish for the events to get any harder, it's fine as it is now :cool:. I'm happy to finish all the quests in 2-3 days and forget all about it.

which is why I said:

Make a second quest line with tough quests and worthwhile rewards

Otherwise I agree with you, current rewards are certainly not worth more than 2-3 days of foolishness.

Tanelia

Novice
I usually look forward to these quests but I’m very upset that the quests were locked to one per day from 11 days in. This meant it wasn’t possible for me to collect all the required seahorses to have a level 10:building. This has never happened before. Is it some sort of bug?

kurgkurg

Conjurer
for a very long time (I don't even know, maybe from the beginning) there have been daily quests for every day of the event one. If you've done all the running tasks with no waiting time and all the tasks of the preceding days, you've got 1 task every day, and that's what it's designed to do. Maybe you've been a slower quests setter before, and you haven't just reached daily quests before the last day? Fasters do the running quests a few days and then the rest of the event can be taken free:)

joe.empire

Seeker
I've been spending my time crafting too many basic goods, and in the end not having enough time to complete my Triumph of the Tides (it's on Stage 4 at the end of the event) and so being quite annoyed, even though I play 6 hours a day.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
I usually look forward to these quests but I’m very upset that the quests were locked to one per day from 11 days in. This meant it wasn’t possible for me to collect all the required seahorses to have a level 10:building. This has never happened before. Is it some sort of bug?
@Tanelia : This isn't actually a bug, believe it or not, but rather is an intentional system which has been in place for a while, although quite a few players aren't familiar with it, usually either because they're either new to Events, or because they've never before finished all of the initial 'batch' of Event Quests, and so they've never reached the Daily ('locked') Quest stage. It's understandable to think that this may be an error, not least because so few games operate such a system, but it's actually meant to be this way - InnoGames haven't explained why, but the general view is that it's probably meant to slow players down, so that nobody can complete entire Events in a couple of days, or sometimes even one day, as was sometimes possible (with careful planning and preparation) before the present system was brought in.

The way it has worked in Events for a year or so (? can't recall exactly) is that the first 'batch' of Quests are immediately accessible (this time there were 53 such Quests, although this number can vary) while the 'locked' or Daily Quests - although they actually start to unlock, at the rate of one per day, from Day One of the Event - won't become visible to you until you complete all of the first 'batch' of [in this case] 53 Quests. If you were to complete the first 53 Quests on Day 10 of the Event, for example, you'd immediately be able to see, and try to complete, Nos. 1 to 10 of the 'locked' (Daily) Quests, which had been unlocking at the rate of one per day but had, until then, been hidden from you, with Daily Quest No.11 then becoming visible too, but still being locked, until Day 11 arrived. After that point, one more Daily Quest would unlock each day, until the end of the Event. If you didn't complete the 53 initial 'batch' Quests until Day 20 of the Event, there would then be 20 Daily Quests waiting, with Quest 21 remaining locked until Day 21 - and so on. And if you didn't complete all of the 53 initial 'batch' Quests before the Event ended, you'd never even see the 'locked' Daily Quests, even though they'd actually been, although invisibly to you, unlocking in the background at the rate of one per day. I hope this makes sense...?

The above said, though, and unrelated to the issue of whether players do or don't complete the 'batch' Quests fast enough to reach the Daily ('locked') Quests in time also to complete those too, the question of whether a player can acquire enough Event Currency for free (in this case, Seahorse Food) to earn 9+ Artifacts and thus be able to fully level-up the Evolving Building is an entirely different matter. Until the last Event (the Sorcerers' Homecoming), any player who wanted to fully level-up any Event's Evolving Building, even though this might come at the cost of some/any/all of the Daily Prizes, would have been able to do so, barring exceptionally bad RNG luck, by choosing the appropriate value Event Chests (or Rings, in the present Event). Since the Sorcerers' Homecoming, however, the amount of Event Currency available even when choosing the best-value Chests (in terms of earning Artifacts) has been reduced by something like 20%, which means that far more luck is now required, in terms of winning extra Event Currency from Chests, if a player wants to earn enough Artifacts to fully level-up the Evolving Building - and this is a change which affects every player, whether new or old, and no matter how fast they manage to complete the 'batch' Quests and start on the 'locked' Daily Quests.

I myself, for example, have had poor RNG luck during this Event, and therefore have not won enough Event Currency to earn the 9th Artifact, despite having chosen the most appropriate Chests (Rings) - to be specific, and during the entire Event, I've won only 2 x 30 Event Currency (Seahorse Food).
.. at least in the case of the present Event (barring changes between the Beta and Live Servers), two more Artifacts will be available as prizes the next Fellowship Adventure, so anyone who has already earned 7 or more Artifacts *should* be able to fully level-up the Triumph of the Tides.