• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Elvarian Carnival

AstralSoul

Illusionist
I completed all quests by day three, I had a big space to add manus and WSs. Now, only doing the one daily quest, which is a nice idea, like a few candies for small/no effort.

m4rt1n

Adept
So no second wishing well day on the beta list, that has a few of the fellows a little disgruntled.

Jackluyt

Shaman
The Event is on the last day in Beta and I quite enjoyed it - though running out of quests was a bit of a let-down, compared to recent events that had endless lists.

One comment: All events past and present seem to end with a whimper, not a bang - and surely this is not how it should be?
The last day should be fun and full of surprises - but the designers seem to always give us a very ordinary Exclusive on the last day, and that is a bit of a let-down. More so this time, when we have been expecting a second chance to gain Wishing Wells, which has become the norm - but this time not to be.
:(

Why not have a Mystery Object on the last day?
Advertise it well in advance, but keep it very secret under wraps until the last minute so the hackers can't get at it. That would give one something to look forward to - and present the choice of whether or not to hold back candies for something that one might not need or want...
There is still not enough FUN in these events!
Adding a mystery spin from time to time and daily log-in mystery rewards would certainly make the events more interesting - at present they are (mostly) well designed - but rather boring...

A greater variety of quests would certainly help, not the same ones over and over - and it would I believe be a good idea to have a competition with Diamond prizes to see which quests players dream up - who knows there may be some good ideas!
:)

One of my players just posted this:
“I wish they would go back to the random unlimited quests. There is (almost) no way to get enough artifacts to get the building to 10 with the limited quests offered. The only thing that needed to be fixed with the random quests was to make them just a bit more random.”

84400293_10215916428244214_2771827105195884544_n.jpg

Last edited:

Paladestar

Enchanter
So no second wishing well day on the beta list, that has a few of the fellows a little disgruntled.

I'm now hoping the 1x8h booster days were bugged on the beta and they'll be wells on live! They surely wouldn't mean to have 1x8h as a daily prize when 4x8h exists as a daily prize on other days. Right? Right!?

CheesePlant

Seeker
I find it so frustrating that we have quest #37. Gain 20 Relics followed by #38. Solve 12 Encounters OR 60 Tournament Encounters...

I'm getting relics through the tournament, why can't they be combined or separated... it's very annoying.

Timneh

Artisan

Maybe they think that players are now getting too many wishing wells so limiting how many can be gained. I do not think a huge number will have been won on the first day of the event. They might be thinking that so many wishing well farms are costing them diamond sales.

Paladestar

Enchanter
Maybe they think that players are now getting too many wishing wells so limiting how many can be gained. I do not think a huge number will have been won on the first day of the event. They might be thinking that so many wishing well farms are costing them diamond sales.

Yes, I don't think they care too much about people sacrificing space in their own cities for wells, but having well farms to funnel diamonds to another, main city is abusing the fact that diamonds are account-wide rather than being bound to individual cities.

It feels like all of the event format tinkering over the last year was to try and find a way to limit wells to whatever Inno think to be an acceptable level, that the players are happy with/can accept too.

If diamond farms are the crux of the issue, don't punish all of the players by making changes to rein in the few 'exploiters'. Just make diamonds bound to specific cities instead of to accounts. Could add a screen after diamond purchases so players can choose how many go to each city, or hold bought diamonds in a separate area to those won in-game and allow players to send the bought diamonds from the central account stash to specific cities, one-way.

Pauly7

Magus
I agree @JackLuyt with all except it being fun. It's now official that there isn't a single prize I want so I couldn't really care less about it all.

I would worry about the artifact shortage if the evolving building was worth having. Your friend is totally right about the quest system, but we can't (collectively) complain because everyone complained so strongly about the good quest system they created in December that now they've gone back to the finite monotony of a fixed publicised quest list.

The only one thing I like about this event is going back to the chest opening system, though even that is soured a little by the nerfed chest rewards.

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
I completed all quests by day three, I had a big space to add manus and WSs. Now, only doing the one daily quest, which is a nice idea, like a few candies for small/no effort.
quest 77 and finally i can breath

DeletedUser7781

This is a total non event, you cant get to 9 artifacts with the limited quests. I am truly dissatisfied, disappointed and lost interest, not only in the event, but in the game. Why work hard to get to the goal if its set up so you cant open big chests for items as you cant get more candies? Why spend money on candy building if you struggle to see the bloomin candies on the map because of the snow? You dont have a chacnce to win daily prizes even, good job in ruining the event and game for not only me, but many more like minded players

DeletedUser7781

I love events, i hate to be set up for failure. I am very active, dont mind to spend if i feel the need to get the best out of my game. With the longer quest lines for events, i excelled in gathering speeds, pp, little helpful buildings etc. But this event is just too limiting, with only 85 i think was the quests, you just cant reach the end goal which for me is the artifacts to end up with a lvl 10 building

Souki

Adventurer
You open a chest which you paid 161 candies for and wow, you receive 500 candies! Yay, you feel so lucky about it. You work through the quests and every now and then, you get another 500 additional candies or 200 of them. Lucky, aren't you? No, you are not really lucky. You do the quest that will give you 100 candies when you are only 7 flags away from the evolve token for stage 9. Never mind, 1 flag short, you will cover that with the next quest. But ... there is no next quest! You have a few days to go and you now need to gain the last 2 lines of flags (oh, plus the one you were short) just by collecting candies and doing the daily quests. How boring is that? I can tell you, it is very boring. On the positive side: You do not struggle with a broken quest generator as you did when you were building the Gingerbread Mansion! So, perhaps you are lucky? :rolleyes:

Sir Derf

Adept
Small pushback to JackLuyt's earlier thought...

On the one hand, yes, going out with a bang would be nice. On the other, bear in mind that the last day is the last day. Use it or lose it day. There will be people who were shuffling through, not really doing much, who will then have to use what they have left.

A final push would have to be limiting in some way more than just being available for a single day.

Maybe the first successful daily prize on the final day is extra-special, and then becomes different for subsequent daily prizes?

AstralSoul

Illusionist
carnival.JPG

I have to say I use the Law of Attraction a lot when I open chests. 161 always gives me either 500 candies or 30 KP Spell, which is awesome (and if I focus, the exclusive, in fact, I do not open at all if I don't like the exclusive. Twice I got 20 Regular KP, once, sadly, the 20% PP. With all quests completed on day 3, this is where I am now. Other events, I would have already the second one sitting in the book with a few evolves. Here, I am barely going to grab the last one, but at least, I manage to finish it... however, way too tight.

Gargon667

Mentor
which is still random but every set number of repeat you are quarantined to get the %

sorry I don´t get what you mean. What % are we talking about?

I don´t know what the problem is really now they had already gotten rid of repeat quests by using two groups of quests that come up alternating. Obviously that mean you can get a "repeat" every other quest. Yes sometime one is unlucky and gets difficult ones and other times you get easy ones. I don´t see a problem, but an easy solution programmingwise (I think) would be to just make a pool of quests, then pick one randomly from the pool, but do not put it back into the pool after the quest is finished. instead first empty the pool of all quests, then refill the pool with all quests and start over. That way you would get all quests in a random order, but no quests would come more often than another quest.
Obviously this would not be truly random, but since the randomness was a problem for a lot of people, that is a good thing I guess. In my eyes the point is not to have a truly random questline anyway, but simply to have less predictability. Preparing for unpredictable quests is much more fun (and I think also more useful in terms of city building) than working of this silly questline we just had. Finish the event in 4 days and then be bored with it for 3 weeks.

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
sorry I don´t get what you mean. What % are we talking about?

I don´t know what the problem is really now they had already gotten rid of repeat quests by using two groups of quests that come up alternating. Obviously that mean you can get a "repeat" every other quest. Yes sometime one is unlucky and gets difficult ones and other times you get easy ones. I don´t see a problem, but an easy solution programmingwise (I think) would be to just make a pool of quests, then pick one randomly from the pool, but do not put it back into the pool after the quest is finished. instead first empty the pool of all quests, then refill the pool with all quests and start over. That way you would get all quests in a random order, but no quests would come more often than another quest.
Obviously this would not be truly random, but since the randomness was a problem for a lot of people, that is a good thing I guess. In my eyes the point is not to have a truly random questline anyway, but simply to have less predictability. Preparing for unpredictable quests is much more fun (and I think also more useful in terms of city building) than working of this silly questline we just had. Finish the event in 4 days and then be bored with it for 3 weeks.

well thats what i asked
are the random truly random or fake "random"
does anyone knows ??
a feke random will appear random for players but in the end all players will have similar experience in game
while with true random the experience will differ from player to player

i won caramel once?? or twice finished all quest but only got 6 artifacts and sill 15 flaqgs away number 7
have 300 candies maybe i make it or fail for tiny bit

AstralSoul

Illusionist
event.JPG

As per today, right now. No diamonds, no purchasing candies. I got a final boost since the MA gave me candy (I got candy twice here, I use MA a lot.)
So, tight, very tight, but doable.

So, I will be making about 100 more from the daily quests and pickups until the event finishes in three days.

I mainly opened the 161 one, or the 18 one, not others. If none available, one of the x2 o3 x3 chests that equals 27 candies per flag. I got candies from the chests quite a few times, and over 1200 knowledge points in spells.