• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Elvarian Carnival

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the upcoming Elvarian Carnival that will start on February 4th.

We're looking forward to hearing your feedback!

Your Elvenar Team

Last edited:

Julian

Sorcerer
I hear from the beta thread that there's going to be a full quest list. That's good. But are there going to be bonus quests afterwards? Or does it just stop when we finish them all?

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
I hear from the beta thread that there's going to be a full quest list. That's good. But are there going to be bonus quests afterwards? Or does it just stop when we finish them all?

As you know things on our beta server are never cast in stone before they reach the live servers. Changes have just been made in there but those changes can also still be changed before we get to see them.

Timneh

Artisan
This line from the announcement makes me think there is no bonus quest list.

Once you completed the quest line for this event, you can take your chance at obtaining even more Candy by completing the Mystical Object in Crafting. Each of these Objects has a chance at giving you a significant amount of Candy.

Jackluyt

Shaman
You are welcome to share our event note with all your friends and fellowship!
https://tinyurl.com/varaehy

It is still a little untidy because of the last minute replacement of the entire quest set that they sprung on us a few hours back - but I am working on it.
All the core info (prizes, rotating chests etc.) is there already; just the quests are incomplete (we have up to #35 already)

82781114_10215736445224751_6596946209036828672_n.jpg

Last edited:

DeletedUser5093

In case anyone needs them, here are a few easily-shareable graphics I've put together to show which chests are best, depending on what you're aiming for. Info is based on the data and analysis posted on ElvenGems, and assumes nothing has changed since beta. Feel free to share in your fellowships and elsewhere. I hope you guys find this useful. :)

Best chests for daily prize: i.imgur.com/eapPgQf.jpg
Best chests for flags: i.imgur.com/WzwfBnu.jpg

eapPgQf.jpg
WzwfBnu.jpg

DeletedUser6792

I am very disappointed to see that there is a limited quest list for this upcoming event. I have been playing daily for nearly 3 years and was so excited when the system for events had changed and allowed for unlimited quests. There is no logic in bringing back limited quests as you get out of the game what you put in and all this has done is upset players like myself who spend a lot of time playing. So I will finish the quest in a few days and then spend the rest of the event twiddling my thumbs..

DeletedUser5093

I am very disappointed to see that there is a limited quest list for this upcoming event. I have been playing daily for nearly 3 years and was so excited when the system for events had changed and allowed for unlimited quests. There is no logic in bringing back limited quests as you get out of the game what you put in and all this has done is upset players like myself who spend a lot of time playing. So I will finish the quest in a few days and then spend the rest of the event twiddling my thumbs..
The speculation over on beta is that the limited questline is just a hotfix to resolve some major balancing issues that have only just become apparent, and is not a feature that will likely appear in future events. With the event going live in only a few days they simply didn't have time to figure out and test a suitable solution to the original questline, so we've got this instead, just so the event can work, even if it's a bit ordinary. That's just speculation though. We have no official word on that.

*edit* To put things in perspective, the original questline on beta was resulting in lots of players finishing it with a mere 4-6 artefacts, meaning they'd never have a chance to get their building to level 10. Not sure if this new questline fixes that, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited by a moderator:

Errandil

Conjurer
Removal of the unlimited quests is a big disappointment. Chest rewards were already nerfed bad enough and now it got even worse. Maybe if we are not getting unlimited quests we could at least get the old chest contents back?

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
For a new player realistic what can i win out from he event? Can i win anything? Or i will be a case i am too weak scenario?

Hekata

Artisan
That is a very reasonable compromise! Plan for the basic questline then have unlimited random quests afterwards.

And agreed with Errandil - if the quests are limited there's no reason to nerf the chests so much.

When the random unlimited quests first appeared there was a big discussion here between those who liked fixed quests and those who don't and the solution that was suggested over and over by players to make everyone happy was exactly this: Give us a 100 fixed quest that would grant us 7-9 artefacts and then bring in the harder random quests. It's a win win situation. I still can't understand why Inno hasn't opted for it all this time.

Hekata

Artisan
For a new player realistic what can i win out from he event? Can i win anything? Or i will be a case i am too weak scenario?
Ofc you can win things. Especially now that we have a fixed quest list so you can prepare for it. (You can check it here). Also while some quest are more difficult for a beginner some are actually easier for you than for players in higher chapters (unlocking techs, scouting...)