• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Elvarian Carnival Floats

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Hey!
I am loving some of this years floats as I love not only the artwork but also the additional bonuses that these give.
Do you have a favourite so far?
I am a sucker for all things dragon......so its a done deal for me!
float.jpg

Pauly7

Magus
Sorry, I don't like any of them. I still can't reconcile in my head why a float would be a building and not on a street... I know, I probably need to take it less seriously. If I can't make it work in my head I don't build it though.

Timneh

Artisan
I have to go for the woodelven float although it is not for it's looks but for the seeds it gives.

DeletedUser1874

I like most floats, especially the Dragon and Constructs ones. Others however are absolutely horrible (the Prince Charming and Troll ones for instance, though they're from last year). That's as far as looks are concerned though. Stats-wise? Not worth placing, most of them not even in new cities, which is a shame. Why have the art team work hard on stuff that's not worth placing for a presumably big number of players?

Deleted User - 1759805

Stats-wise? Not worth placing, most of them not even in new cities, which is a shame.
In chapter 15 Dragon Float is the same dimensions as a regular residence (for elves), and has higher pop and much higher culture. So what's not to like? I believe Elven Float is the same, just rotated. Have to agree on the rest, do not stack up well vs regular craftable buildings...

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Troll float is kind of nice in looks, and ability. I have the room for Prince Charming too, I know it is decent and is a curious/weird looking 'building' to have.

Hekata

Artisan
I like the Dragon Float and the Woodelven float but my fave is the Balloon of the Dragon (ex dragon float), for purely aesthetic reasons. I'm happy it's back for this event.
The one things in general I don't like about the float is the grey base. I know it's supposed to be like a street on which the floats are having a parade but it clashes too much with the rest of the buildings in my city.

DeletedUser1874

In chapter 15 Dragon Float is the same dimensions as a regular residence (for elves), and has higher pop and much higher culture. So what's not to like? I believe Elven Float is the same, just rotated. Have to agree on the rest, do not stack up well vs regular craftable buildings...
Same pop but 3700 culture less than the Frozen Shipwreck (which is the same in size and orientation), overall efficiency much lower than many other hybrid buildings, many of which have been recently available at that, and some of which are even obtainable as a mystery object. It's not horrible, but it couldn've been better, and doesn't compare well with many other buildings, some of which not event-bound, which makes no sense to me.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
I like the look of the Carnival floats (all of them), and I like the fact that they combine well with last years floats. My favorites are the Ballon of the Dragon, Elven Float and Dragon Float (although it's very pinkish).

Frozen Shipwrecks do have better stats, but they are sooo ugly. I once had 10 or more of them, glad they are gone now.

m4rt1n

Adept
Woodelven Float is my favourite, partly because of the aesthetics, partly because I need the seeds it gives out. :)