• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Easy Preparations for the next FA

Sir Derf

Adept
Was away from computer for a few days....

Going back a few posts, to where Laurelin quoted my 100 Neighbors Mani Hall vs. Culture statement, and followed with the a little counter-commentary... You missed the point of that paragraph. It had nothing to do with hoping or wanting to get NH from 100 Neighbors. It was as I said in the last sentence, which you included in the quote, "But, the benefit from each of those 100 Neighbors is equal and independent regardless of what each of the other 99 Neighbors do."

For a given city, the question of which is better, Neighborly Help to the Main Hall vs. Culture, does not hinge on how may Neighbors you have, or how many Neighbors give NH, or how many give according to your communicated desire. It doesn't favor Main Hall if you get less than 10 NHs and then flip to Culture if you get 11 or more. As Silly Bubbles condensed above, it's purely comparing Main Hall NH bonus coins from a single player vs. 5% Residence Coin production (per a single player). That it. Yes, the more who participate to your benefit, the more the benefit accumulates, but the analysis of which way is to your benefit does not change with more participants.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I'm not sure about your good stocks of good wine but mine's always empty, somehow the wine never makes it there! :D:eek:
I might save some left overs for the next FA though.;)

Laurelin

Sorcerer
Something I've noticed : the current Event is also asking for a very large amount of Coins when the 'Collect Coins' Quests appear, so I spent a few days with my City name altered to ask for Main Hall donations as a first choice. I had a fairly good response - around twice as many MH donations as I'd normally get (because early Cities and some older ones seem not to pay attention to requests for Builders' Hut and/or Culture, and just donate to MH regardless...) - and I noticed that although my Main Hall stopped collecting any further Coins after it held 20 x donations, other players were still able to donate Coins to MH, apparently without limit (I counted about a dozen further MH donations which had been made without increasing my MH stored total past the 20 x donations maximum limit, and then changed my City name back to BH/C as usual).

I just thought I'd mention this because if anyone else assumes - as I did! - that the MH being full would prevent further [unhelpful] donations, which does not seem to be the case, this may be relevant when deciding whether it would be better to request Main Hall Coins or Culture boosts.

Also, if I may just clarify a previous point made by @Sir Derf, above [my own bold emphasis] :

Going back a few posts, to where Laurelin quoted my 100 Neighbors Mani Hall vs. Culture statement, and followed with the a little counter-commentary... You missed the point of that paragraph. It had nothing to do with hoping or wanting to get NH from 100 Neighbors. It was as I said in the last sentence, which you included in the quote, "But, the benefit from each of those 100 Neighbors is equal and independent regardless of what each of the other 99 Neighbors do."
... although I did quote parts of two posts, one by Sir Derf and one by @Silly Bubbles, it wasn't me who was discussing the '100 Neighbours' issue - I was just making an only loosely connected (and somewhat wry) point of my own, about whether or not one's Neighbours even pay much attention to one's NH choices, as it seems mine fairly often don't - which is why I made my "Quoted for truth" comment. To avoid re-quoting from the threads concerned (which is probably just even more confusing!), here's a screenshot of that part of my earlier post instead:

Forum_Post_NH_Preferences_01a.jpg

... just in case anyone thought I was actually trying to dispute a mathematical principle, which you'll never see me even attempting to do...! :D