• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Easier NH on Map for PC Users

Twigjam

Spellcaster
Mobile phone users have had it easy for a long time in giving Neighbourly Help on the map, but we laptop users still have to do it one by one and the larger our map areas get the longer it takes. Are they planning to make it easier for computer users?

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Thanks, @Twigjam , we will note your suggestion, however, this has already been suggested before. and our developers keep this in mind already.

Twigjam

Spellcaster
Thanks, @Twigjam , we will note your suggestion, however, this has already been suggested before. and our developers keep this in mind already.

When they changed the NH system for phones a few years ago I seem to remember the developers saying they were going to do it for pcs too.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
When they changed the NH system for phones a few years ago I seem to remember the developers saying they were going to do it for pcs too.
They did not change NH for phones, it was always there due to how phones work. On the mobile platform you sometimes have to make different choices due to limitations of a phone screen and touch input instead of mouse.

Another mobile specific thing they introduced recently is the hide buildings feature. While it would be a nice to have on browser as well ot was an absolute necessity as rearranging your town with touch input on mobile was a litteral nightmare that made people quit. It's still a pain but the hide buildings feature made it much less painfull.

With a mouse and a large screen it was never a real problem on the PC. So there is no need to develop it for the PC as well.

PC and the app have seperate development teams as they are not compatible. So it's not that they can share code. It's literally twice the development time for both platforms.

cwgiii

Shaman
However, when Mobile first came up, there was a promise that the two platforms would eventually reach "parity" with functionality.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
However, when Mobile first came up, there was a promise that the two platforms would eventually reach "parity" with functionality.
It seems you misunderstood parity.

Parity is about features, not about being 100% the same.
You can give neighbourly help on the browser and the app, so that one has reached parity.

There will always be some divergence due the fact the browser and the app are not used on the same type of interface. so there will be feature parity but not always equal parity as you have to make choices and do things differently on each type of machine.

I mean hotkeys would be quite useless on a mobile app. so the parity was ment for key game components. tournaments, FA, visiting neighbours cities, wonders ect. not every nitty gritty bit.

Gargon667

Mentor

That was meant mostly as a promise that the mobile version would eventually catch up with the browser, as it was missing lots of basic features in the beginning like messaging, AW help etc.... Which it did, so I guess that statement is no longer meaningful.
By now the mobile app has overtaken the browser in many ways and we are talking about the browser catching up with the app.

FieryArien

Necromancer
That was meant mostly as a promise that the mobile version would eventually catch up with the browser, as it was missing lots of basic features in the beginning like messaging, AW help etc....
You meant it was missing AWs all together, right? ;-) And tournaments as well. And you could build MA, but it didn’t do anything, if I remember correctly. It was so much fun trying to produce goods without relics from tournaments, lol.
Whoever didn’t play in the app at the very beginning has no idea how much has the app improved.

EDIT PS: it’s not directed at you, I just used your quote. It seems to me that only handful of people know/remember/heard about how much the app was lacking at the beginning. So here’s a small reminder. ;-)

CrazyWizard

Shaman
That was meant mostly as a promise that the mobile version would eventually catch up with the browser, as it was missing lots of basic features in the beginning like messaging, AW help etc.... Which it did, so I guess that statement is no longer meaningful.
By now the mobile app has overtaken the browser in many ways and we are talking about the browser catching up with the app.
I would not say in any way that the mobile patform has overtaken the browser.
Due to it's nature some things are easier on the app, some things are easier in the browser.

They complement eachother.
I would not want to play the game soley on the app. but without the app the game is more difficult to play.
I remember using flash emulators to run the browser version on your mobile to reset factories or to play tournaments when you where not at home.

This is now so much easier.

Advantages browser:
  • Easier / much quicker resetting factories / workshops
  • way way way easier remodeling your city
  • Much easier messaging / chatting
  • Much faster tournament play and spire play, the browser also allows the creation of extensions to help you with choices.
  • Manual combat is possible
  • Much more explanation how things work and why things work (for example how productions are build up x base + x relics bonus, or the strenght of units in numbers instead of useless stars that make no sense at all.)
  • Access to more players cities and better search functions.
Advantages app:

• Play as you go, not bound to any computer
  • Much beter and faster neighbourly help
  • Slower to put goods on the market, but way faster if you need to place many similar trades on the market.
  • Allows to reset all your armouries at once (with 30 armouries this is a pain in the browser)

Gargon667

Mentor
I would not say in any way that the mobile patform has overtaken the browser.
Due to it's nature some things are easier on the app, some things are easier in the browser.

They complement eachother.
I would not want to play the game soley on the app. but without the app the game is more difficult to play.
I remember using flash emulators to run the browser version on your mobile to reset factories or to play tournaments when you where not at home.

Advantages browser:
  • Easier / much quicker resetting factories / workshops same (at least I always use the start-all button on either browser or app)
  • Much faster tournament play and spire play, opposite (far faster on the app, at least if we are talking auto-fights)

I could agree with them complementing each other, but I went from 100% browser when I started playing (the App version already existed) to about 95% App by now.
And the most common reason when I go into the browser you didn´t mention: The province overview on the world map :)
The second most important reason is an occasional manual fight, but I rarely have time for those anymore nowadays. Must have been a few weeks since my last one...
Everything else that is better in the browser is of no more interest to me, while the App is just so much faster in everything I still do. So yes the App has way overtaken the browser in the way I play. If I could only use one it would most certainly be the App version.