• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Dwarves - Dwarven Portal, Granite Mines & Copper Foundries

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Greetings @StrawberryJC Don't do it just yet!! As you move into the Chapter you'll receive a quest to do this with a nice little gift for doing so :)

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
@StrawberryJC absolutely, the quest will tell you directly to sell the portal. Once you complete all the quests from dwarves, you will receive a "delete the portal" quest :) You will not need it anymore.

Make sure to finish your roads first, or hold onto some copper and granite to road-up later. Even if the dwarves tell you they take everything, and your portal is gone, you still will have the resources. In fact, even if you change to fairies and you no longer see them, you still have these resources.

Pauly7

Magus
Yep I was still building dwarven roads when I was about 8 chapters further on (I like to build the roads I think look the best). The game does silently keep a count of all the granite and copper you have forever more, so if you think you ever want to build more of those roads then go through a few rounds of collections before you delete all the factories.

MichaelGC

Dreamer
After I finised VI and moved to VII, I couldn't figure out what to do with all the dwarven stuff because I needed room for the fairie buildings. So I teleported the copper foundries & granite mines. The portal, however, I could not teleport. It is taking up a big chunk (5X5) of precious real estate.

Having read this thread, I know what I should have done. I guess I need to pay more attention to those quest givers on the side. Anyway, they're asking me to produce 500 granite, but I can't because the portal is already maxed out. So even if I brought the granite mines back, I couldn't produce the granite because portal is maxed on both granite & copper. Worse, I don't know how to use the granite so that I can produce more and complete the quest.

Any suggestions? Do I need tech support to fix it so I can advance and free the space?

Thanks!

kimkimkim

Summoner
If you have unlocked the advanced scouts for chapter VII (Fairies) then all dwarven quests will become declinable.....you can then decline the quests you can't do but do watch out for the quest that asks you to research advanced scouts, it gives 200 diamonds when you do
Also for future reference.....all portals no matter what chapter can not be teleported, plus once you move onto the next chapter, you no longer need the previous guest race buildings but watch out for the sell portal quests those usually give diamonds when you do and if it was me, I would take those granite and copper you have maxed out in your dwarven portal and build roads to replace the ones you have....doing so will bring your culture to over 11,000 but that's just me ;)

Last edited:

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Assuming you have already upgraded all your roads to dwarven roads, you can always delete a few and build them again till you have used as many copper or granite you want to get rid of.

MichaelGC

Dreamer
Thanks so much kimkimkim. and thank you too, BlueBlou! That's just what I need. In fact, between the two of you it's perfect. I use the granite & copper for dwarven streets & up my culture (dwarven streets are the highest quality streets I can do right now) and at the same time it frees up the portal to hold more granite & copper so I can produce more, finish the quests, and free up the space.

Last edited:

kimkimkim

Summoner
@MichaelGC yvw, glad to help......it's always a good thing to upgrade your roads to the current chapter you are in, it gives you a big culture boost without actually having to build buildings for it....that is something you might want to think about before leaving every chapter but do keep in mind as you go higher in the chapters, the cost of roads goes higher as well

Paladestar

Enchanter
You're in Dwarves, so if you sold the portal early, you could just rebuild it later when you get the quest to sell it (these 'sell portal' quests typically reward 200 diamonds, but not always). All quests to sell your portal will trigger completion when any portal, from any chapter, is sold. It even tells you this in-game if you further need to set your mind at ease. I'm on the 'sell portal' quest right now:

selling-any-portal-counts-for-quests.png

I still need 100 more badges (guest race currency) to complete all research for my chapter so I can't sell my current portal yet, but I can start building the Dwarven portal, cancel it right away and it counts for the quest. I just did this, now I'm on the next quest and I still have my current portal:

selling-any-portal-counts-for-quests--sold-in-progress-dwarven-portal-and-now-on-next-quest.png