• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Dwarven Portal

DeletedUser234

This is new quest without option to skip it:
Shubi%20Elvenar%20sell%20dwarven%20portal_zps5dkoz9fx.jpg

I have spend A LOT OF TIME to collect those Copper & Granite to MAX, and now I have to sell it?
You could anounce that we don't need this, so I don't spend so much time to build up 12 x Copper & Granite mines..... and not to sell them until I cap both at max... -_-

So it will be the same with new Fairy Portal, we will need it just until the end of "Fairies VII"?

DeletedUser415

Shubi,
Hate to break the news to ya, but this was discussed quite often in forums months ago (to lazy to dig up the posts). It was mentioned in a few places that once your final dwarven roads are built you don't need the mines and portal anymore. Honestly, you can't expect the devs to formally announce every little upcoming change in the game.
I'm sure the dwarves will be happy with the extra supplies to build their new home.

DeletedUser234

ye, I guess its my own fault.. anyway I can't back lost time and resources, so we go to the new patches... :D

DeletedUser501

i guess i'm missing something also. I have read the links but still have questions. I know I need to sell my Dwarven Portal, but do I also need to sell the copper and granite mines or will I need them later? i saw a link that said I will lose all the stored goods, so I need to build my roads before i sell my portal, but I didnt see anything on keeping the mines after I sell the portal. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I didnt see anything on keeping the mines after I sell the portal.
You won't need the granite mines or the copper foundries. Once the portal has been sold, there's no place for the dwarves working in these manufactories to store the goods they produce.

After completing your Dwarven roads, you won't need any of the dwarven resources or buildings any more. Of course, you are free to keep any of the culture buildings, etc. if you wish. All of the Dwarven settlement buildings & resources (found under the "Settlements" tab in the building menu) are no longer needed once you've finished the Dwarven chapter.

DeletedUser

all my current research tech is stuck requiring thousands and thousands of granite. at some point i guess i will start requiring similar quantities of copper. so bearing in mind the above info that ultimately we dispose of anything dwarf related, how much does it make sense to build or update granite mines? at the current slow rate of production it will be several months before i have enough to unlock the techs - or am i missing some other way to acquire granite?

DeletedUser

You can upgrade the Granite and Copper mines. I ended up with a half dozen of each building, all at level 4, and that was more than I needed.

Work on your Ancient Wonders while you're waiting for goods to unlock technologies.

DeletedUser537

hello all .... I have a question regarding upgrading of the dwarven portal
I'm still at lvl 1 with portal ... to upgrade it to lvl 2 takes 17:45 hours and gives a boost of 20% to production of granite / copper
Can I still collect and store granite from my mines into the portal while I am doing a level up?
Other buildings seem to stop production (eg barracks) during levelling up ... so I wanted to check first.
Its a long time to wait if I can't store my granite, and as has been mentioned, need a lot of it for research tech tree

DeletedUser815

Yes, the dwarven portal will still store your granite and copper when it is being leveled up. The same as when the main hall is leveling up.

DeletedUser537

ahhhh ... thank you Avatrix ... that's a relief .. ;)
and good example with MH upgrading
Will report back to my fellowship

ps ... love playing Elvenar. Its beautiful to look at, relaxing to play, and good for strategic brain work out. Especially like the fights; once I got the hang of them they are surprisingly fun. Good having the 2 easier provinces of crystal and scrolls, to offset some of the harder ones.

Also think that Team Elvenar do a great job with forum ... sometimes the players are a hard audience to please, but I reckon you have a high standard of support ... thanks again :)

DeletedUser814

Hello miff,

I am really pleased to hear that you enjoy playing Elvenar. I will ensure that your positive feedback regarding the Elvenar International Support Team is shared amongst us all. Thank you for your such appreciative feedback! :)