• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question Dragon Ark rewards.

m4rt1n

Adept
Hi guy's

Does anyone know exactly how the reward per storyline quest works.

Is it just the quests that will come with ch18 and thus not worth building, or the rotating quests also?

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Greetings @m4rt1n The rewards will be granted with the Main Storyline Quests only :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

m4rt1n

Adept
Greetings @m4rt1n The rewards will be granted with the Main Storyline Quests only :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Thank you for clarifying, not worth building then as story quests are very limited and not available at all currently for me.

Such a wonder power at endgame seems very strange to me, just a thought...

Gargon667

Mentor
Thank you for clarifying, not worth building then as story quests are very limited and not available at all currently for me.

Such a wonder power at endgame seems very strange to me, just a thought...

It´s a joke only Inno finds funny...

My theory is that they added that wonder to encourage players to follow Innos idea of the game. It means
1. you have to keep playing new chapters and
2. Actually play the quest line instead of declining it in the next chapter.

Two things I personally have stopped doing because they harm aspects of the game I care about more than Innos plan. People that stop playing chapters and questlines are not good for Inno, so here is the carrot to lead you the right way :) (I wonder when they start whipping me off my path haha). Anyway to be successful I think they would have to make the carrot a LOT bigger.

Pauly7

Magus
My theory is that they added that wonder to encourage players to follow Innos idea of the game. It means
1. you have to keep playing new chapters and
2. Actually play the quest line instead of declining it in the next chapter.
I can't imagine that having the desired effect though. People who have been playing long enough to get to the end of chapter 17 are savvy enough to know when there's no point building an Ancient Wonder. It wouldn't surprise me if not a single one gets built, unless there are a few people who just collect AWs for the sake of it and want to have them all.

Gargon667

Mentor
It wouldn't surprise me if not a single one gets built, unless there are a few people who just collect AWs for the sake of it and want to have them all.

If you look at the towns up there you´ll see they are there and already upgrading ;) Collecting AWs is more common than you think for one, a lot of people build AWs without even understanding what they do, this one here is not especially easy to understand, as it is not the first time I see people asking about it. So people may even think it useful, after all it is hard to believe that there could be an AW that cannot even be used at all until another chapter is introduced lol. I would expect quite a few messages to support about it not working lol.

And then of course there is a second effect which may convince people to build it (not that I think it should, it wasn´t good enough for me to remember what it was anyway)

Far Reach

Conjurer
And then of course there is a second effect which may convince people to build it (not that I think it should, it wasn´t good enough for me to remember what it was anyway)

Actually I built this one and am choosing to upgrade it ahead of others. The second effect is actually pretty good (at least for me). It gives free CCs whenever a mystery object is claimed. The effect at max level roughly corresponds (I estimate) to a 50% increase in overall CC production.

Gargon667

Mentor
Actually I built this one and am choosing to upgrade it ahead of others. The second effect is actually pretty good (at least for me). It gives free CCs whenever a mystery object is claimed. The effect at max level roughly corresponds (I estimate) to a 50% increase in overall CC production.

Spire libraries do the same without killing tourneys... but for people that have no libraries I can see the appeal... But again until the tourneys are changed I would not touch any of the AWs later than chapter 14.

Melianora

Alchemist
Spire libraries do the same without killing tourneys... but for people that have no libraries I can see the appeal... But again until the tourneys are changed I would not touch any of the AWs later than chapter 14.
You do mean the Moonstone Library, right?

I would count in Chapter 15 wonders as well. Thermal Springs of Youth and Vortex are rather useful.

Ch16, Ch17 wonders are a no-no for my city.

Gargon667

Mentor
You do mean the Moonstone Library, right?

I would count in Chapter 15 wonders as well. Thermal Springs of Youth and Vortex are rather useful.

Ch16, Ch17 wonders are a no-no for my city.

Yes Moonstone=spire

But no, I find chapter 15 AWs rather useless, the exeption would be a ranking city with oodles of MResis (Springs are great for them), and with a focus on ranking well tourney performance is max second priority so it works for them.
The vortex? Once you´re finished with 15 you don´t need the sentient boost of the Vortex anymore (you still have the much better TWarp for that anyway) and the PP boost???
Neither of the 2 will get a spot in my city, even if the tourney were not punishing them on top of their uselessness :D

Pauly7

Magus
I agree with @Gargon667. They're both fairly useless. Admittedly, they're not AS useless as the chapter 16 and 17 AWs, but that doesn't amount to high praise. Progress definitely peaked with chapter 14 AWs and there is no sign that it's gonna get any better in the future. It'll probably only get worse... which is really hard to imagine right now!

Melianora

Alchemist
Yes Moonstone=spire

But no, I find chapter 15 AWs rather useless, the exeption would be a ranking city with oodles of MResis (Springs are great for them), and with a focus on ranking well tourney performance is max second priority so it works for them.
The vortex? Once you´re finished with 15 you don´t need the sentient boost of the Vortex anymore (you still have the much better TWarp for that anyway) and the PP boost???
Neither of the 2 will get a spot in my city, even if the tourney were not punishing them on top of their uselessness :D
I agree with @Gargon667. They're both fairly useless. Admittedly, they're not AS useless as the chapter 16 and 17 AWs, but that doesn't amount to high praise. Progress definitely peaked with chapter 14 AWs and there is no sign that it's gonna get any better in the future. It'll probably only get worse... which is really hard to imagine right now!
In hindsight the Vortex is indeed not so useful. I do however like the additional 20k PoP my city gets from the Thermal Springs. How do you @Pauly7 , @Gargon667 have enough PoP then?

Alcaro

Necromancer
I've built the Ark solely for those 2 CC/ Mystical object. I need a bit of sunshine in the darkness of Lampions/ Mana sawmill, flames or other bs.
My intention was to keep it until I need space for the new guest race settlement and then to sell it. Suddenly I saw a donation of 200KP in it and now I wonder what to do, to keep or not to keep :D

CrazyWizard

Shaman
42% at level 35 but thats if you can find enough of the proper items to make with a high VV return.
If you get 14 bonus it is most likely the same as a bunch of moonstone libraries. eventually you have to pick less effective items to make and timeboost a lot just to get rid of your CC. when your vv per CC drops under 3 this wonder becomes less effective.

And level 31 is a lot lol

Far Reach

Conjurer
42% at level 35 but thats if you can find enough of the proper items to make with a high VV return.
If you get 14 bonus it is most likely the same as a bunch of moonstone libraries. eventually you have to pick less effective items to make and timeboost a lot just to get rid of your CC. when your vv per CC drops under 3 this wonder becomes less effective.

I think that we broadly agree, but I did the maths slightly differently. At 3 vv per CC we need 33.33 CCs for a Mystery Object and then get 14 back. That means that our net 19.33 CC effectively become worth 33..33 - an increase of 72%. I based my figures on having about 2.5 vv per CC which equates to a 53% increase. These figures are all very approximate though.

Gargon667

Mentor
In hindsight the Vortex is indeed not so useful. I do however like the additional 20k PoP my city gets from the Thermal Springs. How do you @Pauly7 , @Gargon667 have enough PoP then?
By not wasting it on factories and WS I suppose? I usually have tons of extra pop... It has not been a problem in a long time, I don´t really know when it changed...