• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

City Downgrade option

DeletedUser

[Summary]:
Allow buildings/goods/workshops to be downgraded.

[Have you checked for similar ideas?]:
Yes, only briefly mentioned in a composite post and not addressed.

[Details & Reasons for Implementing]:
I would really like the option to be able to downgrade a building by a level at a time. There are times when I need the extra population (for example) for something else and would happily sacrifice a level or two off another building. But having to sell the whole building and waste 10+ levels of advancement only to have to redo them is a massive letdown.

I would suggest being able to downgrade would do only one level at a time and would not return anything other than the population/culture loss received for that upgrade.

[Balance]:
This would allow players a slightly easier time managing their cities, without breaking the gameplay.

DeletedUser487

Absolutely agree! Nothing worse than having to sell a high level building to get population back :mad:

cwgiii

Shaman
This really would help a great deal. Especially when new tech is added to the tree that was not planned for (space, population, culture, or other resource wise).