• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Do Timewarp and Vortex of storage boosts stack?

Mahariel

Seeker
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't find the answer. So, do the sentient good production boosts provided by the Timewarp and Vortex of Storage stack?

SkyRider99

Immortal
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't find the answer. So, do the sentient good production boosts provided by the Timewarp and Vortex of Storage stack?
I had assumed that they do, but on checking mine the numbers don't add up.

I have Vortex L21 and Timewarp L22 :

1718288167743.png
1718288194269.png

If the benefits stacked then I should be getting 602% production boost. BUT my 9hr production run for moonstone shows:

1718288318564.png

The +8000 AW bonus shown only represents a boost of 402% on my regular production of 1990. So what happened to my missing 200% ??

Now I'm confused too. Short answer to your question @Mahariel is that the boosts do not appear to stack, based on my situation. I may have some other game nasty that has crippled my AW boost capability. Given the vindictive, spiteful nature of the game towards advanced players this would not unduly surprise me.

Pauly7

Master of the Elements
Ah, you're not accounting for Inno maths. Even though things stack, they always report percentages in a very arbitrary nonsensical way, so it is never how you expect it to be. I can't explain it properly now because I'm on a bus, but I will endeavour to do the sums at some point later, if no one else has.

Mahariel

Seeker
You are right, @SkyRider99 the math isn't mathing for me either, based on your screenshots and my experience with Mountain Halls. I guess Inno maths is indeed in effect. The good news is, it's going to be a while until I even unlock the Vortex so there is plenty of time to figure it out :)

owl76

Bard
The +8000 AW bonus shown only represents a boost of 402% on my regular production of 1990. So what happened to my missing 200% ??
This is a case of badly presented information. You are getting the 1990 default production and 8000 from the +402% boost (+202% from Timewarp and +200% from the Vortex). But the +202% and +200% are, instead, being shown as the productions including the base 100%, so 302% and 300%.

The Mountain Halls shows this more clearly for standard goods boost - it shows it as the boost - so +228% for my level 34.
1718298819000.png

Mahariel

Seeker
This is a case of badly presented information. You are getting the 1990 default production and 8000 from the +402% boost (+202% from Timewarp and +200% from the Vortex). But the +202% and +200% are, instead, being shown as the productions including the base 100%, so 302% and 300%.

The Mountain Halls shows this more clearly for standard goods boost - it shows it as the boost - so +228% for my level 34.
View attachment 8672
That's a little strange to me, basically the same effect being presented differently in Mountain Halls and Timewarp/Vortex. I used my Mountain halls as a reference when doing the calculations and just assumed it's presented the same in the other wonders.

SkyRider99

Immortal
But the +202% and +200% are, instead, being shown as the productions including the base 100%, so 302% and 300%.
Thanks @owl76. That makes sense. I was forgetting Inno's penchant for over-inflating benefits. In this case they include a 100% 'boost' in the figures, which is the normal production anyway. (Is there an accountant or politician on the dev team?)