• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Ancient Wonders Do not put in KP

Badger Guardian

Adventurer
Has anyone ever suggested that the opposite of the ‘heart’ which displays the favourite AW be made available. I was thinking of something like a Stop ✋ could show that particular AW would not be placed in your city. I’m asking this question as a member of my FS has recently put hard earned KP into several of my AW that I’ve removed from my city and will not be placing again.
Does anyone think this would be possible or even worthy of considering?
I look forward to replies

Solanix

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
@Badger Guardian but only you can see those Ancient Wonders that are still in your inventory. As long as they are in your inventory, nobody can put any Knowledge Points into them, not even you. You can only put Runes into them. The member of your FS must have put the Knowledge Points into those Ancient Wonders when they were placed in your city. At what point would this 'STOP' sign being applied to them? Would it not much easier to take them out as soon as you made the decision that you do not want this particular one? You could have finished the research first before taking it out. That way, everybody that donated to it would have received the runes and the Ancient Knowledge tokens.

Badger Guardian

Adventurer
I think the fairest thing I can do is place AKP/KP in that players favourite AW and then remove mine. I’ll also be gaining valuable space

QFol2

Conjurer
I have the same - there are a couple of wonders that I have built and levelled up to approx level 6 but have no intention of levelling any higher, although no plans to delete them either. A couple of fellowship members have dropped kp in, but that's the risk they take :confused:. Some kind of marker (stop sign) that can be activated similar to the heart would perhaps save them their wasted kp.

Solanix

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
@QFol2 I personally only add Knowledge Points to Ancient Wonders that are marked with the heart. That way I avoid wasting them to Ancient Wonders that are not planned to be upgraded. Some players just donate a small amount to random Ancient Wonders in the hope that they will receive runes and Knowledge Points back.

Pauly7

Magus
I think the fairest thing I can do is place AKP/KP in that players favourite AW and then remove mine. I’ll also be gaining valuable space
If I understand this right, (which I'm not sure I do) - Are you say that you've built an Ancient Wonder, then you've thought "hold on - on second thoughts I think I'll delete it again"? Then at that point you've thought to yourself "Oh, someone has donated to that AW and won't get the bonus"?

The whole chain of events is moderately unlikely to occur. I'm sure it happens, but not enough to warrant them introducing a whole new icon which means "don't donate to this wonder because I changed my mind about building it".

Anyway, the solution is simple - If you don't want the person who donated to feel left out then don't delete the AW until it has been filled with KP. At that stage your donors will be rewarded and you don't have to even actually upgrade the thing. Then you can delete it.

Pauly7

Magus
I have the same - there are a couple of wonders that I have built and levelled up to approx level 6 but have no intention of levelling any higher, although no plans to delete them either. A couple of fellowship members have dropped kp in, but that's the risk they take
It's not a risk to them really. Let people fill it. They'll still get bonuses and you don't need to upgrade it.

Pauly7

Magus
I personally only add Knowledge Points to Ancient Wonders that are marked with the heart. That way I avoid wasting them to Ancient Wonders that are not planned to be upgraded.
You'd be surprised how many people don't like to use the heart... I've never figured out why either.

kimkimkim

Summoner
Maybe a more simpler way would be to make a comment in chat or send a message around stating that you plan on building a couple of ancient wonders but will be or most likely will be removing them so please do not place any kp into them! But there will still be that risk of someone placing kp into that wonder if you don't remove it immediately....but like the others have said, just wait till it fills up so everyone gets their rewards then delete it....

Giraffi

Enchanter
A tip that was given to me, if you do not want to upgrade a wonder further, let it fill up, then do not upgrade it. In that state no one can be tempted to add any more kp to it as it won’t be on the list of AWs that can be donated to.

We did not have a heart originally. Should not be too difficult to do the opposite. I like the suggestion.

Gargon667

Mentor
Anyway, the solution is simple - If you don't want the person who donated to feel left out then don't delete the AW until it has been filled with KP. At that stage your donors will be rewarded and you don't have to even actually upgrade the thing. Then you can delete it.

Do your AWs often get filled up by random donations alone? If you´re suggesting to fill up the AW with own points just to hand out a few chests, it is probably much less costly to do as @Badger Guardian suggested, just give them the KP back and delete.

In the end, i think this whole thing certainly doesn´t warrant a new icon or any waste of time, most like we´re talking 15KP or something? Honestly, who cares??? Neither the people donating should care (if they did, they´d be more careful where they donate) nor the one upgrading should care about a 5% finished AW.

Pauly7

Magus
Do your AWs often get filled up by random donations alone?
Actually this does happen to me and it's quite weird. I've had a couple of nearby neighbours who will fill up a whole Ancient Wonder. I've never quite figured out why. There's been at least two or three occasions where I'm thinking - I'm not going to upgrade that AW - and it's gets filled up, and they get their rewards. I doubt that's commonplace. Like you say, though, if they've just dropped in 5KP then who cares? It sits there. They may eventually get their reward and until such time it hasn't affected them much.

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
This brings up the idea for us to send this to our developers. So, thanks all, it is an awesome idea! :cool:

We will suggest the possibility to tag any Ancient Wonder we do not want to get Knowledge Points. These will be displayed last, with a distinctive icon. Ultimately, it will be up to the discretion of other players whether to donate at these or not (as it happens with the Favorite tag.)

As usual, it will go to them, and if they find a fit, it will be implemented!

QFol2

Conjurer
@Giraffi you can apply the heart only to one Ancient Wonder. If you would have a symbol for 'Do not add' it would be just for one Ancient Wonder. What are you then doing if you decide to stop levelling another one?
I don't know how to code, but I'm sure there must be a way of allowing the tag to be applied to more than one wonder. It wouldn't need to be programmed exactly the same way as the favourite heart.

SkyRider99

Mentor
A tip that was given to me, if you do not want to upgrade a wonder further, let it fill up, then do not upgrade it. In that state no one can be tempted to add any more kp to it as it won’t be on the list of AWs that can be donated to.

We did not have a heart originally. Should not be too difficult to do the opposite. I like the suggestion.

Spot on @Giraffi. I have a couple of AW in that state. I'm still pondering whether to sell them off at some stage. In the meantime nobody will be wasting any KP. In my FS we usually only donate KP to favourite AWs, which everyone has flagged accordingly.

The 'do not donate' or 'stop' sign is not a bad idea. I'm wondering if the concept would project a negative image though, or make it look like you're trying to be too manipulative or controlling or authoritarian. I appreciate that's not the original intention. In practice it could appear as a slap in the face to friendly NH visitors maybe?

And it's something more to manage, plus I don't mind if someone in the FS wants to give me KP of any kind :). But I agree it can be disappointing if an AW is sold later. It's a little bit like when someone joins your FS and then leaves after everyone has donated KP to them.

Pauly7

Magus
The 'do not donate' or 'stop' sign is not a bad idea. I'm wondering if the concept would project a negative image though, or make it look like you're trying to be too manipulative or controlling or authoritarian. I appreciate that's not the original intention. In practice it could appear as a slap in the face to friendly NH visitors maybe?
It's not necessarily a bad idea because it wouldn't hurt anyone and a few people might find it useful, but it is a bad idea to go and run to the devs with it. It's so unnecessary and we have lists of important stuff going back 5 years that they apparently don't have time for.