• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New Game Features Disenchant on existing event buildings

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Seeing as you can now disenchant buildings in your summonings tab, can we have a disenchant button for the event buildings already placed in the city.
So have an option to disenchant or sell.
This would be useful for expired buildings e.g. wishing wells and the 5 day troop buildings.

Deleted User - 384643

Yeah, I think sell should be changed to disenchant & sell. At the very least for any old event buildings you wanna get rid off. Otherwise people will run out of spell fragments soon enough.

Timneh

Artisan
While i also think that is a great idea i do not think that will ever happen because when a building has been placed in your city it has in effect been useful to you. Buildings that are still in the inventory have not been used and are obviously not useful or you would have placed them in your city. I think that this new feature is to make buildings etc that have been in your inventory for ages useful by making something new from them. Those are my thoughts on it anyway. Hopefully i am wrong and they will introduce it so we can disenchant and sell buildings from in our cities.

DeletedUser5306

I agree with the usefullness you mentioned, however apparently there is a shortage problem and new/recent players have close to zero building/item to disenchant.

Deleted User - 341074

+1

As is newer players will effectively be locked out of crafting, and once older players clean out the attic, crafting will fade away without a reasonably renewable source of Spell Fragments.
I think 50% of what you would have gotten from disenchanting in your inventory is reasonable.

Sir Derf

Adept
1) Newer players gradually become older players.
2) Newer players can't build up large stockpiles of goods. Newer players don't have access to free diamonds via Wishing Wells. Yet.
2) It's another option, another choice. Do you solve encounters by fighting or by negotiating? Do I use small buildings or large buildings? Do I unlock optional techs or not?

Crafting looks like an event, with the two-tier Spell Fragments and Vapors, but it's not something to quickly build up in a month, to be used daily (or eight-hourly).

Take a breath.

Now, if I could craft Royal Restoration spells...

DeletedUser2437

I would appreciate if we could at least gain half of the fragments from selling placed buildings, otherwise it devalues most event buildings into mere currency.

Teddzy

Novice
I like the idea of disenchanting placed buildings

I, personally, would also like the option to disenchant rune shards, as I have a number of shards gained from tournaments that I'm nowhere near unlocking the corresponding AW for

DeletedUser5093

I think we should be able to disenchant event or premium buildings that have already been built, although at a much lower return than if they had never been placed, since they have provided a benefit to our cities in the meantime, unlike the ones in our inventory. I also like the idea of having disenchanting available for things like rune shards, broken shards, and relics.

On a side note, for those who are saying that there's no renewable source of spell fragments, I believe this is incorrect. We have the ability to disenchant spells, which can be regularly obtained from tournaments and produced in the magic academy. Even a new player will be able to get a slow but continuous supply of spell fragments by just competing in tournaments.

Deleted User - 341074

We have the ability to disenchant spells, which can be regularly obtained from tournaments and produced in the magic academy.
Kinda... I mean you can only cook spells to disenchant or CC spells at one time, and as for tournaments, the above average player getting 1K points in the above average FS getting 5 chests is only getting 14 spells per week ~600 Spell fragments in exchange for 100% of their spells.
Players in the first few chapters in a slightly below average FS would get less than half that.

Maybe crafting isn't aimed at or near average players, but if it is, disenchanting spells isn't really a great source.